Barry Jackson UM QB, CRM, DL coach story 2-24-18

Every good coach uses the media to send their message to players, dummy. What do you think Sabag is doing when he goes on rants to the media about Western Kentucky being a threat and how the media is feeding his team rat poison? Your mind is too basic to comprehend subtle motivational tactics.

No, they send their message to them on the sidelines, in the locker room, and off of the field.

Media events are for morons like you who think you matter (aside from a monetary value (ticket sales, merchandising, donations, etc)) to feel like you're a part of the team in some capacity. Suckers like you get sucked in thinking there's some grand revelation about to be said.

Coaches, most of them, can't stand talking to the media. It's part of the deal though and an unwritten rule that they've gotta do it. Coach speak, it's the norm and Richt is no different.

You then take those words and disect then into something that they weren't ever meant to be. Even a normal persons words could receive the same treatment. Crap is basically meaningless, besides generating interest around the team.

Too funny, you think he needs the media to light fires and motivate. It's amazing to me that anyone listens to a word you say here. You then bring Saban to the mix, giving an example of what every coach does, taking every team as a challenge. You know what, in practice they'll say to whomever, they've gotta give more, aren't taking it seriously enough, step up or so and so on whatever team is going to eat them for breakfast, etc etc etc. Man, you weren't even a rec team captain, lmao.

Advertisement
I forgot to add, when it suits your agenda, calling players out in the media is a coach throwing them under the bus. In this case, you're playing the light a fire under them card. Silly man, just silly and you know what, the players have already heard it.

Yea basically! At worst 10-2, and that's not bad for a first year starter. We won a lot of games last year because of a team effort. If player development is on point, then you have to assume he will get better, which was make the team better. He or any QB that starts will have the weapons to get the job done. A dominant OL, a good running game, and Rosier or any QB in that system will do just fine!

I don't think you realize how bad throwing 54% on the year is. Also, Rosier was in year 4 last season, hard to see much improvement going into year 5.

No, they send their message to them on the sidelines, in the locker room, and off of the field.

Media events are for morons like you who think you matter (aside from a monetary value (ticket sales, merchandising, donations, etc)) to feel like you're a part of the team in some capacity. Suckers like you get sucked in thinking there's some grand revelation about to be said.

Coaches, most of them, can't stand talking to the media. It's part of the deal though and an unwritten rule that they've gotta do it. Coach speak, it's the norm and Richt is no different.

You then take those words and disect then into something that they weren't ever meant to be. Even a normal persons words could receive the same treatment. Crap is basically meaningless, besides generating interest around the team.

Too funny, you think he needs the media to light fires and motivate. It's amazing to me that anyone listens to a word you say here. You then bring Saban to the mix, giving an example of what every coach does, taking every team as a challenge. You know what, in practice they'll say to whomever, they've gotta give more, aren't taking it seriously enough, step up or so and so on whatever team is going to eat them for breakfast, etc etc etc. Man, you weren't even a rec team captain, lmao.
Keep thinking that way, dopey. I wouldn’t expect someone so intellectually remedial to understand subtle psychological and motivational ploys that coaches have used forever.

Advertisement
Casey Weldon didn't win the Heisman playing for CMR, that was Chris Weinke. Charlie Ward was the other Richt protégé that won the trophy.
I would like to think that Williams could very well be CMR's next Charlie Ward.

Keep thinking that way, dopey. I wouldn’t expect someone so intellectually remedial to understand subtle psychological and motivational ploys that coaches have used forever.

As someone who has been there, I think I know first hand a bit more than you. Still got that trophy from middle school do ya?

I love Dallas at 210. He's not as powerful as Homer, but has great vision and better decision making at the LOS, IMHO. Will be fun to watch that tandem. Burns, Lo and Davis behind those two ... ****!! ... I feel bad for Choc, but don't expect him to get a snap this season. The kid bleeds O&G but I wouldn't hold it against him if he decided to transfer or even switch positions this season.

Advertisement
I don't think people realize how bad 54% is, the amount of easy points left off the board last year is nuts.

You've got to be pretty horrific. In order to be below 60% in today game.

You've got to go back to the early 2000's. To find the top passers below 60%.

The spread offense that we see today. There is very little reason why a QB should be that inaccurate.

Way too casual.

A Miami coach should never refer to another program relative to how he referenced Bama.

Hes basically saying the NFL is to Bama as Bama is to us. Thats some pathetic loser mentality right there.

Guy is way to laid back and nonchalant, and it shows in his teams preparation going back to his UGA days.
You sir expose yourself. I won't say as what. Everyone else can figure it out for themselves. Go canes!

So can accuracy improve? “It can. Accuracy improves when routes get run better, when protection gets better, when footwork by the quarterback gets better, when maybe we call a certain play at the right time. Most plays have a chance of success no matter what. Sometimes you just happen to call the right one at the right moment and then the fundamantals of throwing the ball. From spring ball to fall is when you try to tweak anything in somebody’s throwing motion. Right before spring practice is not the time to do it.”

How about accuracy improving with better play calling coach? It's not up to chance FFS.

Advertisement
Way too casual.

A Miami coach should never refer to another program relative to how he referenced Bama.

Hes basically saying the NFL is to Bama as Bama is to us. Thats some pathetic loser mentality right there.

Guy is way to laid back and nonchalant, and it shows in his teams preparation going back to his UGA days.

Seriously, go **** off. Richt ain't goin' no where any time soon unless the wheels completely fall off which I do not at all foresee happening. Absolute worst that would happen under Richt is us being a perennial 10-3 team that can't get past Clemson. Even if that were to happen, all we'd need is for a coach to walk into a stacked roster playing Miami-style football to take us to the next level.

And I don't see that happening based on what he's done in 2 short years inheriting a &hit roster and working to fumigate the stench of Randy and Goldy.

So stop with your obvious agenda (it's definitely not hidden). Go root for UF or FSU.

I honestly think it’s a 4 man race and even Williams has an outside shot. Not ruling any body out, not even Rosier if he transforms his accuracy issues (not counting on it).

Spring competition will be crazy. All kinds of shlt is going to be thrown against the wall on CIS.

Mark my words, you’ll have fools coming on here telling you this guy or that guy has the job practically locked up the second week of spring, and that this guy or that guy sucked so bad, he’s out of it.

Don’t buy any of it.

Probably we’ll have the best idea by the last scrimmage by who’s running the 1’s and 2’s.....and don’t be surprised if Rosier is still running the 1’s at the end of spring...that’s right, you heard it from me, don’t fūcking freak out if Rosier is running with the 1’s at the end of spring...do you ladies understand? Rosier’s familiarity with having run the offense will give him a natural advantage that will be hard for the rooks to overcome in the spring. The spring will be a time for them to work their kinks out to take the job from Rosier later.

This competition will be close, will run into the summer and we might not know the starter until the first or second week of August. Personally, I think it’s 60/40 it’s not Rosier but that could change.

Read and understand.
Nothing is decided until fall camp that's where **** gets real, spring ball is a time to tinker with lineups and the roster

Nothing is decided until fall camp that's where **** gets real, spring ball is a time to tinker with lineups and the roster

I agree. But these guys, being that they’re competitors, will still be trying to show they should be the starters.

Additionally, you’re going to get the over scrutinization from the CIS peanut gallery, so you’re going to be seeing people here declaring someone is way ahead or way behind, when it’s too early to matter and too early to really tell anyway.

Advertisement

In the last several years, it's obvious Sabag has begun to embrace the media. During interviews, notice his posture and attitude. He also has done some TV as an analyst in which he seems to relish the spotlight. All of this brings even more attention to Alabaga and no doubt helps influence in recruiting, among other things.

Dallas is going to be our redzone back. Great vision, patience, and ability to run or pass is going to add another dimension for us.
I love his determination to get into the paydirt. He should be the go to guy inside the ten.

Rosier won't start, no chance. Those comments are pretty telling. The probablys and maybes are like when you get asked to do something by someone and you do every thing in your way to not say yes because you know you have no intention of doing it.

I agree. But these guys, being that they’re competitors, will still be trying to show they should be the starters.

Additionally, you’re going to get the over scrutinization from the CIS peanut gallery, so you’re going to be seeing people here declaring someone is way ahead or way behind, when it’s too early to matter and too early to really tell anyway.
Yea I'm waiting for Dan sileo Jr. to rise from the ashes .. But yea totally I hope the younger guys come to compete and hopefully mark richt is lighting a fire under them

Advertisement
Back