Barry Jackson UM QB, CRM, DL coach story 2-24-18

Advertisement
I agree. I don't think the job will be taken from Rosier until the fall. I expect a lot of disappointed fans heading into the summer. One thing I want to keep an eye on is Williams' development this spring, and over the summer. I expect him to make a big jump between spring and fall as he becomes familiar with the O.

I agree. If he’s going to make a move, that’s the time. Going to be **** hard to do it in the spring literally seconds after he sets foot on campus. But he’s done himself a huge favor, and at least given himself a fighting chance, by enrolling early and getting into spring practice. Still won’t be easy, though. It can happen, but it’s not common. Can’t rule it out, though.

I agree. If he’s going to make a move, that’s the time. Going to be **** hard to do it in the spring literally seconds after he sets foot on campus. But he’s done himself a huge favor, and at least given himself a fighting chance, by enrolling early and getting into spring practice. Still won’t be easy, though. It can happen, but it’s not common. Can’t rule it out, though.
Another thing I am looking forward to seeing is what happens with Williams' body over the next 6 months. He's already physically ahead of everyone, so him developing further will be a great thing.

Malik impressed me alot, came out of nowhere to lead the team to wins over FSU, ND and VT.
Can he make the jump to the next level? IDK but he's got a year under his belt and competition around him. I'd bet on him.

Malik impressed me alot, came out of nowhere to lead the team to wins over FSU, ND and VT.
Can he make the jump to the next level? IDK but he's got a year under his belt and competition around him. I'd bet on him.

Agreed. It was remarkable to finally have a team that could pull off huge wins again. Sadly, according to our fanbase we should've won by more, as if we've been some powerhouse program the past 13 years. We need to continue to recruit well and improve at every position. I don't know if Rosier could ever lead any team to a national championship, but I also don't think any QB we have could lead us to a national championship in 2018. So the worst thing we could do is regress to a 7-8 win team while breaking in a new QB. I trust Richt to put the best guy back there who's ready to play now, whether it's Rosier, Perry or Weldon. It's not going to be Williams.

Advertisement
I really wont be surprised if Rosier is the starter at all.

My hope is that Perry takes a huge step forward and established himself as the starter for the next 2-3 years but we will see.

Agreed. It was remarkable to finally have a team that could pull off huge wins again. Sadly, according to our fanbase we should've won by more, as if we've been some powerhouse program the past 13 years. We need to continue to recruit well and improve at every position. I don't know if Rosier could ever lead any team to a national championship, but I also don't think any QB we have could lead us to a national championship in 2018. So the worst thing we could do is regress to a 7-8 win team while breaking in a new QB. I trust Richt to put the best guy back there who's ready to play now, whether it's Rosier, Perry or Weldon. It's not going to be Williams.
My concern is that with Rosier at QB, teams have been given the blueprint on how to beat him. They ALL will take their chances with him and make HIM beat them. We will be hard pressed to see 10 wins again if he starts, because teams know exactly how to defense him. Why do you think Pitt was so confident? Pitt... He has been exposed for what he is. A mediocre QB that overachieved, but ultimately came off the tracks.

We could be a 7-8 win team with Rosier, and I say to **** with that.

Talent wise Jarren Williams is head and shoulders above all the qbs Imo outside of Perry. But **** I might Even think he’s more talented. Look at the tape and he played in 7A in Georgia which is elite competition. Perry arm may be a tad bit stronger but Williams arm is strong too and he’s 6’3 210 right now. Both he and Perry excel at creating plays when they aren’t there which Malik can’t do. They are both very good on rollouts and looking down the field to pass.

Not to mention Williams has the speed to be a very good runner as well and has smart decision making with the ball. Also outperformed Trevor Lawrence when they were on the same team out at the opening
I like Williams, but Pope outran his arm a couple times at the all star game. I need to see him throw a couple deep outs before I anoint his arm.

My concern is that with Rosier at QB, teams have been given the blueprint on how to beat him. They ALL will take their chances with him and make HIM beat them. We will be hard pressed to see 10 wins again if he starts, because teams know exactly how to defense him. Why do you think Pitt was so confident? Pitt... He has been exposed for what he is. A mediocre QB that overachieved, but ultimately came off the tracks.

We could be a 7-8 win team with Rosier, and I say to **** with that.

There were a ton of factors for the 3 game slide, "having the blueprint" is a bunch of BS. Are you suggesting that Va Tech looked at our film and said geez, Homer and his 200+ yards against Ga Tech wasn't that impressive but that Malik Rosier can really sling it! Let's put 6 in the box and play prevent defense? These coaches are professionals, probably 50% of QB's in college football are streaky dual-threat QB's with accuracy issues. It's not like Pitt was the first to figure it out.

Advertisement
There were a ton of factors for the 3 game slide, "having the blueprint" is a bunch of BS. Are you suggesting that Va Tech looked at our film and said geez, Homer and his 200+ yards against Ga Tech wasn't that impressive but that Malik Rosier can really sling it! Let's put 6 in the box and play prevent defense? These coaches are professionals, probably 50% of QB's in college football are streaky dual-threat QB's with accuracy issues. It's not like Pitt was the first to figure it out.
Rosier completed 54% of his passes, and that won't cut it. He killed drives with bad decisions and a lack of accuracy. We were LUCKY to beat GT. We were also more than a little fortunate to beat FSU. We survived a BAD UNC team. This is not good enough moving forward. We need a QB that can get the ball into the hands of the play makers consistently. Rosier is not that QB. If he starts, we will struggle. He will not turn into a good decision making, read progressing, hit players in stride QB this offseason. Not going to happen. I'd gladly take my lumps with a young QB that can learn from it over taking lumps from a 5th year senior that has hit his ceiling.

i hate to say it but it still seems like perry still might not have a full grasp of the offense. also, i weldon struggled in camp last year but his dad won a hesiman under richt. i wouldnt be surprised if he pushed. i def think our best all around QB talent and head wise is williams. not sure he can win a job by fall.

He didn't win the heismsn.

Shaqs dad said Weldon gave the starting d fits on the scout team , so there's that.

I don't care what any of the Fr did last year in camp , especially the ones who showed up late.

Rosier completed 54% of his passes, and that won't cut it. He killed drives with bad decisions and a lack of accuracy. We were LUCKY to beat GT. We were also more than a little fortunate to beat FSU. We survived a BAD UNC team. This is not good enough moving forward. We need a QB that can get the ball into the hands of the play makers consistently. Rosier is not that QB. If he starts, we will struggle. He will not turn into a good decision making, read progressing, hit players in stride QB this offseason. Not going to happen. I'd gladly take my lumps with a young QB that can learn from it over taking lumps from a 5th year senior that has hit his ceiling.

I don't think people realize how bad 54% is, the amount of easy points left off the board last year is nuts.

Advertisement

Well if he doesn't progress he loses his job, it's that simple. I'm in no mood to "take lumps" and suffer in recruiting, especially with freshmen competing for and winning national championships at other programs. These guys are either ready to play for championships or they're not. He set the school record for most TD's accounted for, and while the turnovers may have helped they don't tell the whole story (as not stat does). Whoever is the QB this year will have better weapons than Rosier did last year.

I don't think people realize how bad 54% is, the amount of easy points left off the board last year is nuts.

When you set the school record for TD's and people say it was "nuts" how many points you left off the board. This is hysterical.

Advertisement
When you set the school record for TD's and people say it was "nuts" how many points you left off the board. This is hysterical.
Troll somebody else cummmm dumpster.

The other posters might play with you but I won't.

Btw, You need to talk to to Ernest bass , he's using your shtick.

Now move along sparky.

Last edited:
Rosier is probably starting against LSU unless someone rips it up during Spring and Fall, and I"m sure we will hear about that beforehand. I know it's been talked about on here, but Cade is going to get a serious look. The main hole in Rosier game was accuracy, and that **** was terrible (see Pit game). If Rosier was 60% that game, we blow them out, in fact, if he was 60% + this season, we would have blown a lot of teams out. I'm not one of those fans that will lose their **** if Rosier starts the beginning of the year, but I will lose my **** if he's making the same mistakes he did last year. One of the great things about sports is that an athlete can make a jump in their game from year to year.

Still like Cade tho, and wouldn't be surprise if he starts. Not counting on a Freshman to start, if he does, then we have problems on D, cause he's going to go against the 1's. On another note, can't wait to see the RB and WR competition this fall. Man, that should be fun to watch. DJ is up 215?! He might be a problem, even though I expect Homer to gain some weight too. Our RB and WR depth finally looks like a top 5 team.

So if Rosier was better at the things he's bad at, we would have done better? Makes sense.

So if Rosier was better at the things he's bad at, we would have done better? Makes sense.
Yea basically! At worst 10-2, and that's not bad for a first year starter. We won a lot of games last year because of a team effort. If player development is on point, then you have to assume he will get better, which was make the team better. He or any QB that starts will have the weapons to get the job done. A dominant OL, a good running game, and Rosier or any QB in that system will do just fine!

Advertisement
Back