Barry Jackson UM QB, CRM, DL coach story 2-24-18

Troll somebody else cummmm dumpster.

The other posters might play with you but I won't.

Btw, You need to talk to to Ernest bass , he's using your shtick.

As long as you realize how retarded you are, that was my only point. I don't care to have a conversation with you.

Advertisement
Top 25 passing teams have a completion % in the low to mid 60's
I don't know if all the aspects of our passing game with Rosier delivering the ball can improve by 10%

“I’ve got to make sure we’re bringing in the right person as far as his ability to coach, as far as the type of person he is, his character, can he recruit and does he really want to do things the way I like to do things. That’s important. I want him to fit into the fabric of our staff. We’re got great camaraderie, great unity amongst our staff and I think that bleeds into our players and I want to make sure that person fits.”

Talent wise Jarren Williams is head and shoulders above all the qbs Imo outside of Perry. But **** I might Even think he’s more talented. Look at the tape and he played in 7A in Georgia which is elite competition. Perry arm may be a tad bit stronger but Williams arm is strong too and he’s 6’3 210 right now. Both he and Perry excel at creating plays when they aren’t there which Malik can’t do. They are both very good on rollouts and looking down the field to pass.

Not to mention Williams has the speed to be a very good runner as well and has smart decision making with the ball. Also outperformed Trevor Lawrence when they were on the same team out at the opening

Weldon has that same ability. He isn’t just a pocket passer.

Advertisement
Well if he doesn't progress he loses his job, it's that simple. I'm in no mood to "take lumps" and suffer in recruiting, especially with freshmen competing for and winning national championships at other programs. These guys are either ready to play for championships or they're not. He set the school record for most TD's accounted for, and while the turnovers may have helped they don't tell the whole story (as not stat does). Whoever is the QB this year will have better weapons than Rosier did last year.
Agreed. The weapons this year will be off the charts good. My concern with Rosier is that he could have Randy Moss and Jerry Rice at WR and it simply wouldn't matter. Much like when Kenny Kelly couldn't get the ball to Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, and Bubba Franks. Whomever the QB is, they need to be able to get the ball to their weapons.

One more point I must make. The first half of the season it looked like half the field was off limits to Rosier. Maybe it was just me, but it just didn't look like he was allowed to throw to certain parts of the field. As the season progressed, the field seemed to open up, but his mistakes and completion percentage went in opposite directions. It was like Richt didn't trust him, and tried to keep the gameplans as simple as possible for as long as possible. When Richt needed him to do more, he couldn't. That is worrisome moving ahead.

If Malik is somehow the starter, I am sitting the season out. I can’t take another season of slow *** starts. MR talked about accuracy but said nothing about recognition. When you have WRs running open and your QB doesn’t see them you have a serious problem.

Agreed. The weapons this year will be off the charts good. My concern with Rosier is that he could have Randy Moss and Jerry Rice at WR and it simply wouldn't matter. Much like when Kenny Kelly couldn't get the ball to Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, and Bubba Franks. Whomever the QB is, they need to be able to get the ball to their weapons.

One more point I must make. The first half of the season it looked like half the field was off limits to Rosier. Maybe it was just me, but it just didn't look like he was allowed to throw to certain parts of the field. As the season progressed, the field seemed to open up, but his mistakes and completion percentage went in opposite directions. It was like Richt didn't trust him, and tried to keep the gameplans as simple as possible for as long as possible. When Richt needed him to do more, he couldn't. That is worrisome moving ahead.

Agreed, there weren't many crossing routes or deep balls. Last year was strange with the hurricane and injuries/position switches, and of course many people just blamed the play calling. We have too much talent now to play conservative like we have previously. If you can run out Lingard, Richards, Thomas, Pope and Jordan, you have to open up the offense. Should be a fun competition to watch.

seemed like Richt had to simplify things for Rosier last year. Hopefully, Rosier is ready to graduate from the training wheels this year. I also hope the competition is fierce. Rosier tends to get a bit lackadaisical and needs someone to be pushing him. I don't think he had that last year either.

Advertisement
He didn't win the heismsn.

Shaqs dad said Weldon gave the starting d fits on the scout team , so there's that.

I don't care what any of the Fr did last year in camp , especially the ones who showed up late.
I love Weldon. I think he has that it factor that the great QBs have. He's tough. He can run. He's **** strong. And the ball jumps out of his hand. Ultra-quick release.

I hope he can stay out of trouble and stay in school because I think he has a big chance to be great.

If Malik is somehow the starter, I am sitting the season out. I can’t take another season of slow *** starts. MR talked about accuracy but said nothing about recognition. When you have WRs running open and your QB doesn’t see them you have a serious problem.

Take the next ten years off.

well rosier clearly processes the game slow, but what does that tell you about perrys readiness last year that richt, a coach who clearly will play true freshman didnt want him on the field? he wasnt ready. now he has to step up and take the job.

Advertisement
well rosier clearly processes the game slow, but what does that tell you about perrys readiness last year that richt, a coach who clearly will play true freshman didnt want him on the field? he wasnt ready. now he has to step up and take the job.
It was a simple case of wishful thinking. He has a TON of talent, but Richt wants a guy that can not only make plays, but limit mistakes. A guy that never watched film and came in the fall had NO CHANCE of starting. Now, how much has he learned and grown since his arrival? We will soon find out. I believe the first young guy to get it right between the ears will win the job. Could be Perry, Weldon, or Williams. If none of them do, it'll be Rosier, again. God help us.

Rick is using the media to motivate Perry and Weldon to work their asses off to take the job. He's lighting a fire under those two and seeing who responds. Rick has no intention of going into the season with Rosier as the starter.

Why would he need the media to light a fire under anyone? It's obvious you never played ball of any kind beyond a rec league due to statements like that. Players know where they stand from practice (as well as meetings off the field) and you can bet that's where he's challenging them. You said what a good many fans mistakenly believe. Media info isn't meant to be insightful, but to draw people in.

On the road against LSU, I would put all my money on Rosier starting. He'll be quick to toss the backup (whoever that is) if we don't get the wheels turning offensively. For lack of a better term, Rosier will be on a short leash.

Advertisement
Why would he need the media to light a fire under anyone? It's obvious you never played ball of any kind beyond a rec league due to statements like that. Players know where they stand from practice (as well as meetings off the field) and you can bet that's where he's challenging them. You said what a good many fans mistakenly believe. Media info isn't meant to be insightful, but to draw people in.

On the road against LSU, I would put all my money on Rosier starting. He'll be quick to toss the backup (whoever that is) if we don't get the wheels turning offensively. For lack of a better term, Rosier will be on a short leash.
Every good coach uses the media to send their message to players, dummy. What do you think Sabag is doing when he goes on rants to the media about Western Kentucky being a threat and how the media is feeding his team rat poison? Your mind is too basic to comprehend subtle motivational tactics.

Think it has to do with him not used to the type of speed pope has

That and only having a week of preparation, mostly in a camp setting rather than playing as team with the 1's, 2's, etc. Yet here we have PlayStation all-American's and rec team captains passing judgements off an all-star game.

Williams arm is capable. You see it in his film from the pocket, on the run on or off balance, and it won't be a problem in college. That's apparent to anyone who has seem it.

It was a simple case of wishful thinking. He has a TON of talent, but Richt wants a guy that can not only make plays, but limit mistakes. A guy that never watched film and came in the fall had NO CHANCE of starting. Now, how much has he learned and grown since his arrival? We will soon find out. I believe the first young guy to get it right between the ears will win the job. Could be Perry, Weldon, or Williams. If none of them do, it'll be Rosier, again. God help us.

i been through this with Brad Kaaya. The goat bullcrap before they are even here. i want results and i hope i get them because rosier is trash

Advertisement
Back