Barry Jackson UM QB, CRM, DL coach story 2-24-18

You've got to be pretty horrific. In order to be below 60% in today game.

You've got to go back to the early 2000's. To find the top passers below 60%.

The spread offense that we see today. There is very little reason why a QB should be that inaccurate.

I don't want to pile on the guy but....
Of that 49.9% vs P5 schools, how many were bubble screens?

Advertisement
You've got to be pretty horrific. In order to be below 60% in today game.

You've got to go back to the early 2000's. To find the top passers below 60%.

The spread offense that we see today. There is very little reason why a QB should be that inaccurate.

Even if a teacher was grading on a curve, 54% on a test score is an F.

Fact is, Rosier, while he did win us 3 games in the clutch, put us in those positions to have to win at the last minute. He missed a lot of easy, cake throws.

I do believe believe for all of Kaaya’s flaws, if he was in year 2 of Richt’s system, we are in the CFP.

I re-watched that Clemson game....if we had a competent QB, that game would’ve been way different. Clemson still would’ve won, but it would’ve been competitive. He missed guys that was open, and b/c no one respected him as a passer, they just dropped 7 every down.

Take the next ten years off.

I would be doing it for health reasons alone. Someone got their panties in a bunch. Besides we already took almost 2 decades off with previous coaches. Always puzzles me why the truth on here causes some to go off the rails. How about this. Name another TOP P5 school where Rosier would be the starter. Just one will do.

Coach is playing it all correctly given the cards he's been dealt. He's got to keep up the morale of ALL of his QB's. He knew last year that despite his flaws Rosier was the best combination of experience, game temperament and ability that he had. Coaches play for the season that is laid out ahead of them. After the close Spring and Fall QB competition, He could have taken a chance on one of the alternatives that had NO experience allowed him to grow, BUT would the season have played out as well as it did? Who knows, but sometimes its better to go with the more certain option. Suffice it to say that our #2 was someone who transferred and most now agree should have never been considered a starter for any other ACC team. Rosier carried us as far as his abilities allowed and in the end even after backing into the weak Coastal championship it proved not be enough against much tougher competition.

How many realistically expected 10 wins and the Coastal last year? Who really felt we deserved to be #2 or #3 going into the last few games? If you were really watching as the season progressed beyond just wishing and hoping you could see it coming. Sure many felt it was about time but that's different from being willing to bet $$ on the end result. Strange and very lucky season IMO when I look back we were playing with house money not ours.

Rosier should be given a chance to improve IF that is possible. There is no way that he can carry us as far as last year unless he does, and given how easily he was exposed by defenses during the last half of the season. Just showing up won't cut it anymore.

BUT Perry, Weldon or Williams have to step up to the challenge and take the job. YES IMO its a low bar to jump ( how many expect Rosier to have a career in football beyond this season? Let alone start on another ACC team ?) but someone has to do that if this team is to improve further beyond 10 wins.

Its been said before, Richt is supposed to be the QB whisperer, the QB guru...well its time for him to show what he can do. The QBs on board outside of Rosier are all his choices The stage is set, the audience is seated and soon the curtain on the season is going up. Show us what you got Coach

Last edited:
3 points

1- As close as any HC can possibly come to saying" I doubt Rosier will start". That's code for " lets hope someone steps up";
2- Seasons change, QB's with accuracy problems don't. I saw a spot on ESPN during the NFL season that discussed the number one stat for successful QB's and it was completion percentage. ESPECIALLY in todays game where part of a good defense is keeping the ball away from their offense, you MUST get first downs, keep the chains moving ,etc.
3- There is NO guarantee that any of the younger guys( NP, Weldon, Williams) will run the offense better than Rosier b/c they have literally never taken one snap in a college game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back