Barry Jackson Tweet 12-3-21

Advertisement
A tweet without a link, by definition, is not click bait.

No other legitimate journalist working at a newspaper or tv station has said Miami is going for Rad and Cristobal. That’s meaningful, because Unlike us dip ***** on this board, they put their name and face behind what they say.

So someone told him was okay to tweet all this today of all days

A tweet without a link, by definition, is not click bait.

No other legitimate journalist working at a newspaper or tv station has said Miami is going for Rad and Cristobal. That’s meaningful, because Unlike us dip ***** on this board, they put their name and face behind what they say.
Barry is providing no more info than this board is providing. he is regurgitating the same info others are posting.
We’ve been discussing Radakovich for 3 days. We’ve been discuss Cristobal for 3 months.
But hey, read his garbage if it makes you feel better. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Barry is providing no more info than this board is providing. he is regurgitating the same info others are posting.
We’ve been discussing Radakovich for 3 days. We’ve been discuss Cristobal for 3 months.
But hey, read his garbage if it makes you feel better. Seems like a waste of time to me.
Buddy, information means more coming from the media than an anonymous message board

Advertisement
It’s unfortunate how slimy college athletics have become. Riley is the perfect example. He knew **** good and well he was leaving OU as soon they joined the SEC. People can say Miami is being dirty to Manny but it’s not like this situation makes him any less employable.
Diaz knows his fate whatever that may be. If he is terminated, then it would be in his best interest to stay highly professional until he lands another job. I'm sure he will dump all over Miami soon enough in that scenario.

Everyone had Nunez as the guy , I said that bs and we were after a power five AD. Nobody was saying that. By them we were dumpster diving and turned down by Nunez lol.

Advertisement
If it was actual information, yes.
If the media Member had access to knowledge unavailable to the general public, then yes.

Neither of the above statements have proven to be true with Barry Jackson.
If you think message boards are the general public I feel sorry for you.

Maybe by "momma", he meant "alma mater"...

What does alma mater mean literally?

nourishing mother

The phrase is Latin and translates as “nourishing mother” (alma can also be interpreted as “dear,” “kind,” or “bountiful”).
He is the referring to the line Bear Bryant used when he was asked by the media why he returned to Alabama to take the head position coaching job. "Momma called. And when Momma calls, you just have to come runnin."

He ain't lying, it just oozes passive aggressive condescension to me, given what he was tweeting about the AD situation yesterday.

Well I didn’t see his tweets from yesterday, I honestly don’t follow him because he’s useless in terms of providing information that I can get elsewhere, like for example here. So that’s probably top context for the way you feel about his tweet.

But if we’re talking about condescension and arrogance, which by the way is unjustified in his case, then the leader by a landslide is Tim Reynolds. Any interactions that he has with people, whether it’s on Twitter or through other social media, generally reeks of unhidden condescension and disdain.

Last edited:
brockman.jpg

@soddyCane I meant to quote you here. I read your post in Kent Brockman's voice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How dare Miami make Mandy do his….

*checks notes*

Job?!

God these reporters are insufferable
Yeah, Andrea has never been my favorite and I'm not someone who always finds the negative in people, but she's never been a reporter I respect and what she wrote is way out of line.

Man, I think after this Nike will never want to be our sponsor.

Guys, enough with this perception that Nike and Phil Knight are sooooo emotionally and financially invested in Oregon football

Oregon sports is a built in R&D facility and marketing platform for Nike gear.

Did Phil Knight hand pick Willie Taggart? Did Phil Knight match the fsu offer to Willie?

Guys, enough with this perception that Nike and Phil Knight are sooooo emotionally and financially invested in Oregon football

Oregon sports is a built in R&D facility and marketing platform for Nike gear.

Did Phil Knight hand pick Willie Taggart? Did Phil Knight match the fsu offer to Willie?
It was a joke

Advertisement
Back