Barry Jackson--recruiting tips for Diaz

These same dudes make this same argument every time Miami has a new staff. They shill for the local corch buddies that stroke their egos.

Newsflash: you don't need Miami ties to recruit South Florida. You need to win.
I just don’t understand why this is so hard for so many to grasp. We started 7-0 and better in both 2013 and 2017. We were set up for top 5 classes and then collapsed. Luckily in 2017 we had the early signing period that saved us. When Miami wins, we recruit well, it’s just that simple.

Advertisement
We should 100% go get Devin Bush Sr.

**** I'd even be in favor of bringing back guys like Corey Bell or Wesley McGriff.

Also would replace Stubbs with DJ McCarthy to, but he's beloved on this board so you're not really allowed to speak on that, but I can tell you we're going to struggle landing South Fla WR's for the 2021/22 classes with him calling the shots as WR coach.

Get prepared for lots OOS of medium speed "route technicians" for the near future.

Wesley Mcgriff is a pretty good coach.
Devin Bush may be learning some things up there in Michigan.

We should 100% go get Devin Bush Sr.

**** I'd even be in favor of bringing back guys like Corey Bell or Wesley McGriff.

Also would replace Stubbs with DJ McCarthy to, but he's beloved on this board so you're not really allowed to speak on that, but I can tell you we're going to struggle landing South Fla WR's for the 2021/22 classes with him calling the shots as WR coach.

Get prepared for lots OOS of medium speed "route technicians" for the near future.
Until we can start getting to a measly 75+ offensive snaps a game average. I wouldn't let my kid come to UM regardless if the recruiter was Yanet Garcia shooting 100 dollar bills out of her vagine.

Advertisement
Every time I read what these idiots tell Barry I have to laugh out loud.

Who is this master recruiter who's going to march into Liberty City to create relationships that will keep local kids from big bad Nick Saban?

It's a joke and those two imbeciles need to disappear and never be heard from again.

These kids care about three things in no particular order: Winning, bags and playing time. Bama can send Elmer ******* Fudd into Pork and Beans right now and come out of there with a commitment. If we ever start winning again we will dramatically curtail but never end it, I don't care who the coaches are.

What we have to do is get the most out of who we have here and coming in right now and win some freaking games we're supposed to. Then we'll see what we can do without that coach who's like big foot and the loch ness monster. People swear they exist but no one has ever actually seen one.

Advertisement
Wesley Mcgriff is a pretty good coach.
Devin Bush may be learning some things up there in Michigan.
Devin Sr got Michigan Josh Metellus, Josh Uche, Devin Gil, Anthony Solomon & Mike Morris.

He doesn't get the recruiter credits on 247 because he's not a full time position coach, but make no mistake about it, he's only on Harbaugh's staff as a Defensive analyst to recruit.

And McGriff was a good recruiter & coach even when he was here with Shannon, since he's been at Auburn he been killing it down in South Fla for them.

Advertisement
Get rid of Stroud, Banda, Stubbs, Hickson, Barry and Enos.

Hire Devin Bush for Banda, the former Bama coach that was suspended for the year Bo Davis( I think that was name) to replace Stroud, Get a bag man to coach RBs, and hire spread coach to replace Enos. He’ll bring his line coach

Advertisement
“People say it’s going to take time; they don’t have time,” Blustein said. “They just wasted five years. Dan Mullen came into Florida and turned this around in two years. There’s no more time for this. Manny has been part of the regime for four years. It has taken 18 years to be relevant. It’s not that hard to win in the ACC and yet they can’t.”

very true
Blu loves Mario. He’s wanted him here for years

I also like this mentioned in the article--

St. Thomas Aquinas three-star offensive tackle Marlon Martinez said he committed to LSU early in the process because Miami hadn’t offered him; the Canes have tried recently to get him to be part of their 2020 class but without success.

And Hollywood McArthur three-star linebacker Ruben Hyppolite said he committed to Maryland earlier because Miami wasn’t seriously recruiting him; the Canes reportedly later offered him but then stopped contacting him.

Remember when everyone was sucking Manny’s **** and @Coach Macho said these dudes could not recruit. Every loser CIS said he was making **** up because Manny was chugging natty lights at coaching clinics and arriving in yachts like a SaVAgE.

I forgot, he even said either join us or get your *** kicked by us during a junior day. He was basically a dorky CIS posters wet dream.

Every time I read what these idiots tell Barry I have to laugh out loud.

Who is this master recruiter who's going to march into Liberty City to create relationships that will keep local kids from big bad Nick Saban?

It's a joke and those two imbeciles need to disappear and never be heard from again.

These kids care about three things in no particular order: Winning, bags and playing time. Bama can send Elmer ******* Fudd into Pork and Beans right now and come out of there with a commitment. If we ever start winning again we will dramatically curtail but never end it, I don't care who the coaches are.

What we have to do is get the most out of who we have here and coming in right now and win some freaking games we're supposed to. Then we'll see what we can do without that coach who's like big foot and the loch ness monster. People swear they exist but no one has ever actually seen one.
This comes from a lack of understanding of the kids you're speaking about, I'm from there & understand the environment better than most on this board, whenever I speak on it I get shouted down by people who have on body armor protecting the staff, but the truth is they fumble over themselves trying to recruit locally because they seriously don't know wtf they're doing.

It's more than just bags, not saying that it's not a factor, but if you think all you need to do to get those type of kids yall like to stereotype in that way is just to throw cash at'em, you'd actually be surprised.

The highest ranked kids are the ones that get paid , the other ones are as equally up for grabs as anybody, it's more about the effort than anything.

Advertisement
Back