Barry Jackson practice nuggets

Why is the staff so intent on Linder being the " guy" at Center? Gauthier played better, the OL was better, the team was better, what am I missing here?

Linder has NFL Pedigree, more experience, and was injured all last season. Gauthier may still end up being better this season but there's no reason to hand him the job on a silver platter. They both need to believe the job is up for grabs. Let the best man win.

In that case gauthier will win. Based on what Linder did vs notre dame he shouldn't be given anything even if he's healthy

Advertisement
Linder's had like three shoulder surgeries in three years or something.

I'm all for an open competition, unlike the last year when the job was obviously handed to him.

To make these predictions and pronouncements over a filler article from Barry Jackson, whose one source might be the turf maintenance guy, is just a tad bit ridiculous.

Nothing in this article gives me much confidence as to the accuracy of this "report"

Remember, these press guys get 15 minutes in the morning to watch the players stretch, and after that it's whatever source they have. Barry is not the worst of them by far, but I doubt he's getting very good information. In fact in reading this article, some of the info seems kind of sketchy to me

Aside from the fact that he uses canesport for recruiting info in his blog, Barry Jackson is one of the best in the media and has legit sources. Idk where tf you been but Barry Jackson definitely has his sources.

Barry is my guy, but some of the info doesn't mesh with what I've heard. Allison is getting the least 1st team reps right now between him, Rosier, and Shirreffs

I'm just saying in general over the years he has proven to have pretty good sources. Allison may be getting the least 1 st team reps but that still doesn't change the fact that he looked good. It could have been for a recent practice who knows.

You know he has good sources how?

And Pete just told you the deal with Allison, but somehow you're still believing that sketchy info.

I'm afraid Darrell Langham is gonna be a FAMU casualty. **** McIntosh and Norton on the field in the same place at the same time (2Pac Voice) gonna be trouble up the middle...then add Thomas, Garvin, and Jackson on the outside. Where can an opposing QB run?

Advertisement
To make these predictions and pronouncements over a filler article from Barry Jackson, whose one source might be the turf maintenance guy, is just a tad bit ridiculous.

Nothing in this article gives me much confidence as to the accuracy of this "report"

Remember, these press guys get 15 minutes in the morning to watch the players stretch, and after that it's whatever source they have. Barry is not the worst of them by far, but I doubt he's getting very good information. In fact in reading this article, some of the info seems kind of sketchy to me

Aside from the fact that he uses canesport for recruiting info in his blog, Barry Jackson is one of the best in the media and has legit sources. Idk where tf you been but Barry Jackson definitely has his sources.

He uses Canesport and Rivals as his main sources of information. Credibility lost for me.

I'd like to see Dallas carve out a 3rd down back role with his pass catching skills and his experience and demonstrated talent running the ball. Would also allow us to rest Walton more. Walton (20 touches) and Homer (10-12 touches) as the 1/2 punch, with Dallas (5-8 touches) coming in on 3rd downs.

Great idea, but everyone in the stadium knows where the football is going..,

Sounds like we have mediocre qbs on the roster. Thats needs to get sorted out and fast. Great news about Dallas and Gauthier. Hopefully Gauthier locks that spot up.

Side note - Coley may have struck gold with Kaaya, but all his other evals are trash. Were stuck with 3 qbs who cant make simple throws. Hopefully Perry can show something bc we are gonna need a Qb if we want to win against FSU...

Personally, i think Richt wants one of "his" QBs to win the job. He's going to give Perry every chance in the world to prove himself.

Unless Richt sent the playbook to him for Christmas I don't see him catching up with only fall practice to be judged on his abilities to run the offense...

Sounds like we have mediocre qbs on the roster. Thats needs to get sorted out and fast. Great news about Dallas and Gauthier. Hopefully Gauthier locks that spot up.

Side note - Coley may have struck gold with Kaaya, but all his other evals are trash. Were stuck with 3 qbs who cant make simple throws. Hopefully Perry can show something bc we are gonna need a Qb if we want to win against FSU...

Personally, i think Richt wants one of "his" QBs to win the job. He's going to give Perry every chance in the world to prove himself.

Unless Richt sent the playbook to him for Christmas I don't see him catching up with only fall practice to be judged on his abilities to run the offense...

Kaaya
Rosen
Eason
Hurts
Watson
Stidham
Patterson

some true freshman QBs have had success lately

Advertisement
Rosier will be our starter and Perry will be his back up... Mid-season I see Perry taking over the #1 QB position. Perry is good under center, and that's something Kaaya struggled with. Can't wait!!

N'Toothpick will get split in half against FSU. Unless he's taking steroids as we speak there's no way he can go from rail thin to having the necessary build in 4 months.

If Rosier or Shieerfs wins the job then we've offidically had the worst luck for 15 years running now. Out of all the QB's the best we have are two dudes whose offer list was made up of teams worse than Appalachian St? James Coley was the only ******* in all of D1 to offer these coal shovelers.

Starting to freak out about the QB position. Cade or Allison need to step up

IMO, I think CMR is managing the QB competition very well. It appears the pecking order is by seniority:

Rosier (RS-Jr), Shirreffs (RS-Soph), Allison (RS-Fr), Weldon (EE-Fr), VT2 (walk-on), $Dollar Man (walk-on)

I think the 1st scrimmage will confirm the top 2 candidates for the starting job. I think the 2nd scrimmage will reveal the projected starter. And I think the 3rd scrimmage, likely, decides who transfers out.

I'm not gonna debate who I want, or don't want.

May the best QB win the job, and may he exceed all of our expectations!

Advertisement
Lots of great bits in there. The line about Gauthier being impressive is very significant and great to hear. No way Linder gets his job back and that's a good thing. This OL should be vastly improved. Michael Irving Jr was my sleeper to make noise this year. If Haskins can hold it together outside the lines we will have an elite TE corps.

I sincerely hope everyone on this front seven stays healthy. Not because we are thin but because if they stay healthy they are going to be something to watch this year and that all that really needs to be said. If there is a better front seven in the country, I want to see it. I am actually very positive in my outlook for the secondary. I think Malek Young is a budding star then add a guy like Michael Jackson who is in his third year and is putting it together. Then add Dean, Delaney and Bandy to that and I'll take it any day. Jaquan Johnson and Redwine should hold down the safety spots while Amari gets comfortable. Depth at safety is decent. This defense could be a vintage UM defense. I can't wait.

Outside of TE and OL on offense, we will be relatively young at WR but more talented than we have been for awhile with some serious speed. If Cager can be fully integrated by Fall and Berrios has a good senior year we should be more than good with Richards, the 3 true frosh and Mullins. Depth at RB is flat out embarrassing for a program like UM. Walton and Homer will be a solid to very good 1-2 punch. Beyond that we desperately need Chocolate to step up and for Burns to stay healthy. If that happens then we should be fine but if injuries hit at RB, I could see Deejay getting some reps there and Charles Perry is also a possibility.

Finally at QB it's encouraging to hear that there has been some separation with Allison, Sheriffs and Rosier slugging it out. I have zero clue what is going to happen here but I would prefer 1 QB to take the lead going into summer workouts. Still without plugging Perry in to the equation, I feel good about what these 3 QBs can bring to the table. I have great faith in Richt's ability to coach them up and at least we should have solid depth at QB. This program is literally on the verge of breaking out in a big way and the guy that wins the QB battle will have a huge impact on that.

Guys, if and it's a big if......If the winner of this QB competition is for real and has what it takes, this could be a memorable year. No I'm not saying we will win our 6th or make the playoffs but this year could be the beginning of our triumphant return to the forefront of college football! Go Canes!

Preach Francis Preach!

Advertisement
Rosier will be our starter and Perry will be his back up... Mid-season I see Perry taking over the #1 QB position. Perry is good under center, and that's something Kaaya struggled with. Can't wait!!

Too early to tell if Perry is really good under center because he was mainly in the shotgun. His 14 min hudl highlights shows him under center only 2 or 3 times.

In before this gets tossed.

I'm good with Berrios at PR. We should have Deejay or Jeff Thomas dialed in too though for returns if trailing late in the game.

Norton/MCIntosh best DT combo since last year. Long time before that to even find anything comparable. This D gonna be nasty.

If we got Allison on point, with Shirreffs and Rosier close behind coming out of spring with Perry entering competition come summer... Let the bullets fly and see who survives. Whoever does, this team is going to be an issue for the country to contend with. There's questions to be answered, yes, and still some depth concerns, but it's happening.
I want a battle between Allison and perry. Best 2 talents at qb imo when perry gets here

Allison is gonna have to move up from his place of third on the depth chart first. Herndon said yesterday that Allison was "accepting his role and leading when he got in there". It didn't read like Allison is in the top two. He was third in throwing drills as of Tuesday. Gonna need to make a move during the scrimmage on Saturday.

sounds to me like you should not be reading too much into the order. It is just seems to be based on seniority and not necessarily who is ahead. Just my .02

In before this gets tossed.

I'm good with Berrios at PR. We should have Deejay or Jeff Thomas dialed in too though for returns if trailing late in the game.

Norton/MCIntosh best DT combo since last year. Long time before that to even find anything comparable. This D gonna be nasty.

If we got Allison on point, with Shirreffs and Rosier close behind coming out of spring with Perry entering competition come summer... Let the bullets fly and see who survives. Whoever does, this team is going to be an issue for the country to contend with. There's questions to be answered, yes, and still some depth concerns, but it's happening.
I want a battle between Allison and perry. Best 2 talents at qb imo when perry gets here

Allison is gonna have to move up from his place of third on the depth chart first. Herndon said yesterday that Allison was "accepting his role and leading when he got in there". It didn't read like Allison is in the top two. He was third in throwing drills as of Tuesday. Gonna need to make a move during the scrimmage on Saturday.

sounds to me like you should not be reading too much into the order. It is just seems to be based on seniority and not necessarily who is ahead. Just my .02

Maybe but it has also been reported that he isn't getting as many first team reps as Shirreffs and Rosier. The seniority stuff doesn't seem to be a thing along other positions.

Last edited:
Lots of empty **** in that report. That's the words of a guy who isn't seeing anything. "Yeah I'm hearing Jack has a strong arm but he's not as advanced as Malik."

And lol at Gauthier maybe doing well enough to hold off Linder. Linder lost his job the minute the OL improved 10000x the minute he went out.

Advertisement
Back