RT Donaldson

2nd team:
LT McDermott
LG Milo
C Gaynor
RG Herbert
RT Odogwu

Teddy,

Milo? No reports have him in the 2 deep. Your source? Dykstra, the true freshman early enrollee, has been listed above him.

I'm also with the group who believes that Gautier will retain his job at OC after Linder comes back. I remain traumatized by the 2015 bowl game vs Wash St. when Linder was pushed all over the field. Frightening. Gaynor is a threat to start at OC. But please not Linder.

Advertisement
I really just want the best Qb to win, but I am on the Evan Shirreffs bandwagon. However, its noteworthy that whenever a random individual on the inside is asked publicly about Qbs, they usually mention Jack. The only exception being Pete, Dmoney, and Austin on podcast and elsewhere.

Why is the staff so intent on Linder being the " guy" at Center? Gauthier played better, the OL was better, the team was better, what am I missing here?
Players get injured is one big reason. And any time you have two or more players fighting for a starting job
you have much more involved players.

This staff is playing the better players. Gauthier will be the center. Lender just not strong enough to hold down the position

Advertisement
Why is the staff so intent on Linder being the " guy" at Center? Gauthier played better, the OL was better, the team was better, what am I missing here?

Linder shouldn't be in the 2 deep at C or G. Kid was on roller skates last year.

I don't really have a lot of faith in what Barry Jackson say. Mother****** really doesn't know Brandon Linder's little brother been playing for Miami the past few years. As for these random QB "nuggets", don't none of it mean **** till August.

To make these predictions and pronouncements over a filler article from Barry Jackson, whose one source might be the turf maintenance guy, is just a tad bit ridiculous.

Nothing in this article gives me much confidence as to the accuracy of this "report"

Remember, these press guys get 15 minutes in the morning to watch the players stretch, and after that it's whatever source they have. Barry is not the worst of them by far, but I doubt he's getting very good information. In fact in reading this article, some of the info seems kind of sketchy to me

To make these predictions and pronouncements over a filler article from Barry Jackson, whose one source might be the turf maintenance guy, is just a tad bit ridiculous.

Nothing in this article gives me much confidence as to the accuracy of this "report"

Remember, these press guys get 15 minutes in the morning to watch the players stretch, and after that it's whatever source they have. Barry is not the worst of them by far, but I doubt he's getting very good information. In fact in reading this article, some of the info seems kind of sketchy to me

Its Spring. People do the same thing every year. Management here came just short of predicting Kaaya to win 3 Heismans in two years last spring, hyping the kid up for what was inevitably a let down for most fans. Most of the articles are fillers or brief updates we have already heard about because social media or this site. The young gun reporters should be trying to learn from these fools mistakes instead of mocking every article and misstep.

Advertisement

For the past two seasons and despite playing injured last year, Linder has been our best run blocker in space and at the point of attack. His performance regressed last year, but that might be attributable to his injury. He gets pushed around some physically, but all in all he has not been nearly as bad as the board's consensus would have you believe. It is noteworthy that we have run behind Linder more than any other OL and he pulls a lot to lead running plays which is unusual for an OC.

There is also an intellectual component to the OC position that Linder, because of his experience, may be ahead of Gauthier

Lies he lost us the notre dame game. Watch the film. Constantly was getting pushed in the backfield against a guy who didn't do sh*t against any one else but looked all world vs linder

Aside from the fact that he uses canesport for recruiting info in his blog, Barry Jackson is one of the best in the media and has legit sources. Idk where tf you been but Barry Jackson definitely has his sources.

Aside from the fact that he uses canesport for recruiting info in his blog, Barry Jackson is one of the best in the media and has legit sources. Idk where tf you been but Barry Jackson definitely has his sources.

Stop acting like a little punk, broke. You're getting the feels about Barry too?

He's just ok, broke. Nothing special. In fact most of his stuff is derivative, but some decent reports once in a while.

People around this joint have been exposed to some of the worst reporting ever in terms of the Miami media. That's why your standards are so low. Barry might be one of the better ones of a sorry lot.

Why do you think Pete came in and took their lunch money.

I think that injury had to make it hard to get any kind of push. Linder looked better the year before, but he got ragdolled against ND. The OL started to look decent after he was replaced.

Advertisement
I think that injury had to make it hard to get any kind of push. Linder looked better the year before, but he got ragdolled against ND. The OL started to look decent after he was replaced.

He was getting pushed around the year before too.

Barry is my guy, but some of the info doesn't mesh with what I've heard. Allison is getting the least 1st team reps right now between him, Rosier, and Shirreffs

Advertisement

Linder has NFL Pedigree, more experience, and was injured all last season. Gauthier may still end up being better this season but there's no reason to hand him the job on a silver platter. They both need to believe the job is up for grabs. Let the best man win.

Tidbit about Allison is bizarre - from everything else being reported it is Shirreffs who looks the most impressive, followed by Rosier, Jack, then Weldon (still getting use to speed).

I agree. But, am not surprised. Too much can't be read into it. The tidbit basically just said that Allison has a strong arm. We all knew he had arm talent. I've been skeptical of Allison for every reason other than his arm. I'm just not sure he has it upstairs or has a natural feel for the QB position.

I remember going to an open UM practice in 2002 and seeing the QBs throwing. Brock Berlin's arm stood out in a major way in comparison to Dorsey. Didn't mean much.

People are really going to loose their **** on this QB issue if we do in fact go "live" with the hitting this Saturday, they'll all look like doo doo.

Barry is my guy, but some of the info doesn't mesh with what I've heard. Allison is getting the least 1st team reps right now between him, Rosier, and Shirreffs

I'm just saying in general over the years he has proven to have pretty good sources. Allison may be getting the least 1 st team reps but that still doesn't change the fact that he looked good. It could have been for a recent practice who knows.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back