Barry Jackson practice nuggets

If all the QB don't separate then I want Rosier as the starter to at the very least have the QB a threat in the RPO/Read Option. I mean look at JT Barrett or Lamar Jackson. they aren't great passers but can give defenses headaches with their legs and keep drives alive with buying time in the pocket. Niether had good offensive lines and limited RB help. ****, Jackson won the Heisman completed 52% of his passes, sacked 10 times more then Kaaya, and dropped 60+ on FSU killing them play after play with his legs.

also that goodness Gauthier is working out at Center. If he stays healthy our season is saved.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Berrios is good insurance to have at PR because we know for a fact he'll never fumble ever...

With that said, I think it's still just Spring & we shouldn't overreact to the idea of him being the PR right now, because until Thomas & Harley get on campus we don't know how they'll do back there if they're given a shot at taking Punts.

Berrios, Deejay, Mullins, Thomas, Harley & Dean (who was a return man in HS & at Blinn) are all very good options for the PR/KR spots this year.

I really hope we get some dynamic playmakers in that role, because we need to get back to scoring Return TD's, that's a big part of the game we've been missing.

A lot of this stuff that we're hearing about in the Spring won't necessarily be the same come August, that's how it always is.

Nothing besides the most obvious is usually set in stone this early, especially with a bunch more players coming in May.

Last edited:
Sweet, didn't know Brandon Linder had more years of eligibility remaining. Surprised he left the pros to come back though...

The OL could look like this in the fall if Linder and Odogwu are healthy:

1st team:
LT St Louis
LG Darling
C Linder
RG Gauthier
RT Donaldson

2nd team:
LT McDermott
LG Milo
C Gaynor
RG Herbert
RT Odogwu

• Tyler Gauthier has been so impressive at center that it’s no longer automatic that Brandon Linder will get his starting job back when he returns from injury.

• Braxton Berrios likely will remain the punt returner - “he was 11th in the country, I’ll take 11th in the country,” Hartley said – but the kick return job is wide open, with Dallas, receiver Dionte Mullins and perhaps summer arrivals Jeff Thomas and Mike Harley all warranting a look.

Read more here: What we're hearing from University of Miami spring football practice | Miami Herald
This article was going well till the end:

1. Brandon Linder would actually be an amazing addition to our OL.
2. If that's the real reasoning behind leaving Berrios at PR... context is important, Coach.

Advertisement
Sounds like we have mediocre qbs on the roster. Thats needs to get sorted out and fast. Great news about Dallas and Gauthier. Hopefully Gauthier locks that spot up.

Side note - Coley may have struck gold with Kaaya, but all his other evals are trash. Were stuck with 3 qbs who cant make simple throws. Hopefully Perry can show something bc we are gonna need a Qb if we want to win against FSU...

Why the **** are you here? All you do is and moan about how bad everything is.

We need someone returning punts who's a threat to house it every time, especially if that QB/offense struggles

Advertisement

1st team:
LT St Louis
LG Darling
C Linder
RG Gauthier
RT Donaldson

2nd team:
LT McDermott
LG Milo
C Gaynor
RG Herbert
RT Odogwu
No mas Linder, por favor Dios no... No mas, no mas!

Why is the staff so intent on Linder being the " guy" at Center? Gauthier played better, the OL was better, the team was better, what am I missing here?

For the past two seasons and despite playing injured last year, Linder has been our best run blocker in space and at the point of attack. His performance regressed last year, but that might be attributable to his injury. He gets pushed around some physically, but all in all he has not been nearly as bad as the board's consensus would have you believe. It is noteworthy that we have run behind Linder more than any other OL and he pulls a lot to lead running plays which is unusual for an OC.

There is also an intellectual component to the OC position that Linder, because of his experience, may be ahead of Gauthier

1st team:
LT St Louis
LG Darling
C Linder
RG Gauthier
RT Donaldson

2nd team:
LT McDermott
LG Milo
C Gaynor
RG Herbert
RT Odogwu

Linder? Go to bed.

lol. He was one of our best OL in 2015. And you want to throw him away for no reason? Once he comes back 100% healthy, he's going to dominate as the backbone of our OL.

Advertisement
Why is the staff so intent on Linder being the " guy" at Center? Gauthier played better, the OL was better, the team was better, what am I missing here?

For the past two seasons and despite playing injured last year, Linder has been our best run blocker in space and at the point of attack. His performance regressed last year, but that might be attributable to his injury. He gets pushed around some physically, but all in all he has not been nearly as bad as the board's consensus would have you believe. It is noteworthy that we have run behind Linder more than any other OL and he pulls a lot to lead running plays which is unusual for an OC.

There is also an intellectual component to the OC position that Linder, because of his experience, may be ahead of Gauthier

Linder has not been the best run blocker. That dude has been getting man handled.

1st team:
LT St Louis
LG Darling
C Linder
RG Gauthier
RT Donaldson

2nd team:
LT McDermott
LG Milo
C Gaynor
RG Herbert
RT Odogwu

Linder? Go to bed.

lol. He was one of our best OL in 2015. And you want to throw him away for no reason? Once he comes back 100% healthy, he's going to dominate as the backbone of our OL.

That o-line was horrible in 2015. Same o-line that got they **** pushed in on a 2 man rush vs clemson. The same dudes who couldnt block cincy and struggled vs fau. **** right im ready to throw his *** away just like that DT from ND was throwing his *** away last year.

We ran less zone blocking plays under Richt than we did under Coley. Linder may just not be fit to execute some of what Richt's offense needs from its Center. In a power running scheme, the Center often has a much tougher job on certain gap assignments. Anyway, that's what it looked like on some reach blocks last year.

I'll qualify on two aspects:

- It's impossible for some of us to know how his injury contributed.
- No idea what Richt will add to his sets and style this upcoming season.

Advertisement

1st team:
LT St Louis
LG Darling
C Linder
RG Gauthier
RT Donaldson

2nd team:
LT McDermott
LG Milo
C Gaynor
RG Herbert
RT Odogwu

Linder? Go to bed.

for no reason? actually I have the best reason in the world - he wasn't good last yr. Meanwhile gauthier stepped up and played well.

Lots of great bits in there. The line about Gauthier being impressive is very significant and great to hear. No way Linder gets his job back and that's a good thing. This OL should be vastly improved. Michael Irving Jr was my sleeper to make noise this year. If Haskins can hold it together outside the lines we will have an elite TE corps.

I sincerely hope everyone on this front seven stays healthy. Not because we are thin but because if they stay healthy they are going to be something to watch this year and that all that really needs to be said. If there is a better front seven in the country, I want to see it. I am actually very positive in my outlook for the secondary. I think Malek Young is a budding star then add a guy like Michael Jackson who is in his third year and is putting it together. Then add Dean, Delaney and Bandy to that and I'll take it any day. Jaquan Johnson and Redwine should hold down the safety spots while Amari gets comfortable. Depth at safety is decent. This defense could be a vintage UM defense. I can't wait.

Outside of TE and OL on offense, we will be relatively young at WR but more talented than we have been for awhile with some serious speed. If Cager can be fully integrated by Fall and Berrios has a good senior year we should be more than good with Richards, the 3 true frosh and Mullins. Depth at RB is flat out embarrassing for a program like UM. Walton and Homer will be a solid to very good 1-2 punch. Beyond that we desperately need Chocolate to step up and for Burns to stay healthy. If that happens then we should be fine but if injuries hit at RB, I could see Deejay getting some reps there and Charles Perry is also a possibility.

Finally at QB it's encouraging to hear that there has been some separation with Allison, Sheriffs and Rosier slugging it out. I have zero clue what is going to happen here but I would prefer 1 QB to take the lead going into summer workouts. Still without plugging Perry in to the equation, I feel good about what these 3 QBs can bring to the table. I have great faith in Richt's ability to coach them up and at least we should have solid depth at QB. This program is literally on the verge of breaking out in a big way and the guy that wins the QB battle will have a huge impact on that.

Guys, if and it's a big if......If the winner of this QB competition is for real and has what it takes, this could be a memorable year. No I'm not saying we will win our 6th or make the playoffs but this year could be the beginning of our triumphant return to the forefront of college football! Go Canes!

Last edited:
Tidbit about Allison is bizarre - from everything else being reported it is Shirreffs who looks the most impressive, followed by Rosier, Jack, then Weldon (still getting use to speed).

Y are ppl shocked or surprised about the QBs struggling? All I hear about is how dominant our Defense should/can be; well if so they should be way ahead of these inexperienced Qbs and Ol that has yet to find a starting five. I would be way more concerned if the QBs were finding huge success. Remember we get back to being dominant when our D is the best the O will face all year.

Advertisement
Back