Barry Jackson on OL/possible suspension

You got to love our media , there’s nothing positive that comes from this. This stuff doesn’t happen at sec schools. Dudes a gossip column writer and a dirt bag.
lol. barry jackson doesn't work for UM. his job isn't to protect the school if players get in trouble, his job is to report information. instead of blind item innuendo on message boards about possible suspensions, now we actually have real information! this is why professional reporters exist. cribby in particular calling someone a "gossip column writer" is really funny -- you're the no. 1 gossip column writer on this website. (and you're great at it, btw. no complaints on my end.)

as for the idea that "this stuff" -- reporting -- doesn't exist at SEC schools, that's obviously nonsense. google "al.com alabama player arrested", for instance. or here's an article from "gatorsports.com" about a 5 star CB transferring because their staff wouldn't change his dorm room when he didn't want to live w/ a kid who was subsequently charged w/ sexual assault.

in reality, we constantly find out about UM players legal troubles months after the fact. the school keeps a tight lid on this stuff and its media reports the most benign details of the situations.

Advertisement
Both sides were wrong imo , both arguing while not knowing facts. Tbh with what I know im not comfortable giving an opinion. I know Tae is a hot head and has had some issues, which were concerns when he came in but I’m not prepared to say he did what the rumors are. I do know nanny wants him back.
Which is what I think the reasonable people all said from beginning. If it was cut and dry never would have needed to be discussed. The original OP made it a mess from the start. DV is the hardest thing in the world to decipher because of the amount of variables unknown.

It's so easy to get a concealed weapons license. You take a 2-3 hour $30 class IIRC, you fill out a couple of forms, and you have your fingerprints done. It's that simple! There are even Groupons for the class! Smh

I love our players--and obviously I hope Manny pulls an Urban Meyer and let's them play against Bama--but good Lord are some of them dumb!

IN PA its even easier no class requirements you just go to the courthouse they do a background check 3 weeks later its in the mail.

lol. barry jackson doesn't work for UM. his job isn't to protect the school if players get in trouble, his job is to report information. instead of blind item innuendo on message boards about possible suspensions, now we actually have real information! this is why professional reporters exist. cribby in particular calling someone a "gossip column writer" is really funny -- you're the no. 1 gossip column writer on this website. (and you're great at it, btw. no complaints on my end.)

as for the idea that "this stuff" -- reporting -- doesn't exist at SEC schools, that's obviously nonsense. google "al.com alabama player arrested", for instance. or here's an article from "gatorsports.com" about a 5 star CB transferring because their staff wouldn't change his dorm room when he didn't want to live w/ a kid who was subsequently charged w/ sexual assault.

in reality, we constantly find out about UM players legal troubles months after the fact. the school keeps a tight lid on this stuff and its media reports the most benign details of the situations.
Charges were dropped for the guys he’s writing about , theres a reason nobody has wrote about this but his dumb ***. This was nothing , nada. Yet he’s writing about it like it’s 1980’s Miami lol. Dudes a scum bag and that’s why he can’t get info from Miami , instead he has to beg hs coaches or scours message boards for info. He’s a joke . This kind of stuff never comes to light at other programs because it’s a nothing burger. The Scaife news is beyond old yet he drops it like it’s some huge deal.

He lives for dropping this kind of stuff or negative stuff on the program. Just like the Ts crap. Which could’ve got Miami in trouble.

Advertisement
Is scaife 21? and does he have a permit to carry? If so nothing should happen he's in his legal right.
He didn’t have his permit yet was waiting for it to be mailed out and was able to prove it but it’s just bad press for Miami scaife woulda perfectly ok if it was in his glove box or center console but it was under his seat but that **** gets dismissed so fast but just bad press for Miami csz a player got “arrested”

So charges were dropped, Scaife was in process of getting permit, was cooperative with Police, and doing nothing malicious. If Manny suspends him for Bama game, this program needs to bump down to FCS

I will just say this:

Scaife is the 1st team RT all throughout camp. Then, at some point in JULY, Williams takes back over the 1st team RT job.

Then, a few weeks later, charges were dropped, then Scaife moved back to 1st team RT and Williams takes over LT (where Scaife had been during that conspicuous time period of July until charges were dropped).

Haven’t seen any reports either way, but just look at what transpired and it sure looks like a guy who got into trouble, was going to be suspended so he was demoted, charges dropped and moved back to 1st team. Sure looks like he won’t be suspended now to me.
1826B491-22F0-4602-BDDC-80B31BC2B14E.gif

Advertisement
Charges were dropped for the guys he’s writing about , theres a reason nobody has wrote about this but his dumb ***. This was nothing , nada. Yet he’s writing about it like it’s 1980’s Miami lol. Dudes a scum bag and that’s why he can’t get info from Miami , instead he has to beg hs coaches or scours message boards for info. He’s a joke . This kind of stuff never comes to light at other programs because it’s a nothing burger. The Scaife news is beyond old yet he drops it like it’s some huge deal.

He lives for dropping this kind of stuff or negative stuff on the program. Just like the Ts crap. Which could’ve got Miami in trouble.
BJ (his initials are appropriate) is nothing but a ******* hack and has to somehow justify his paycheck by generating views/clicks/readers by sensationalizing stories that are nothing burgers.

Yeah that’s why I just tell folks to look up castle doctrine (if they’re in Florida like me, since different states have different rules/laws). The keeping it locked up in a compartment applied to the three step method but that was never an actual thing though.

In a life or death situation why go through extra steps to protect yourself or your family?
The above I quoted was from Florida law. But, good to read your perspective, too. Like I said, I have minimal experience in the application of this stuff. I just keep my weapon concealed 100% of the time I'm not in my house. And, prior to getting the physical permit (took seemingly forever), I'd keep the weapon secured as per my training.

Advertisement
The tackle rotation of Zion/Campbell/Williams/Scaife 3 weeks ago potentially being Williams/Oluwaseun/Matt Pipho/Bar Milo is slightly nauseating.

Obviously goes way without saying but we REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need Zion healthy like yesterday.
Milo still exists?

Pulled over for window tints that appeared too dark… holy pretextual stop Batman.

Police need to stop fishing and leave people the **** alone.
Bruh for real. Getting pulled over for window tints and having a gun? We have enough cops to pull over half the state?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back