Barry Jackson on OL/possible suspension

Advertisement
Yes, they were dropped but he’s one of the two I referenced a couple weeks ago. There was talk of moving suspension to App St
They better move it to App state. Let’s be real we don’t have the depth to have starters suspended for the Bama game. And the media can keep it to themselves for once and not make it an issue.

You’ve gone off the deep end the past day or two. Gotta reel it back in, my guy. The season is almost here.
I disagree because Williams and Oluwaseun have a combined 11 years experience and 40+ starts at tackle on this level. They wouldn't dominate against Bama but they wouldn't be completely overmatched. They have played in big games before. This is different than playing Ike Walker, McLaughlin or Chris Washington who would be a deer in headlights.

Advertisement
You can't carry on your person until you have the physical permit. Even if it's been approved or is pending arrival to your address. And, there are rules about how to carry.

Don't the details of Scaife's case, but if, during the time of the traffic stop (or whatever), he had the firearm on his person without a permit, it's an issue. If he had it in his car in a "securely enclosed" location (think: anywhere that "clicks" or locks), then there shouldn't have been a problem. There are grey areas as to "how" to travel with a weapon when you don't have a CWP, but it's generally straightforward about what you can do with the CWP and the gun on your person.

*Mind you, I only got trained and started carrying last year during the pandemic (props to all here who suggested both firearms and training options - got the G19 and I'm all in on continuous tactical training), so I'm certain there are nuances I don't yet understand. I do carry almost 100% of the time now. If ever pulled over and asked for my driver's license by LEO, I am prepared to turn over my CWP simultaneously.
In Florida your car is an extension of your home so you don’t have to conceal your firearm EVER. It can be on your lap.
castle doctrine

Scaife was honest with the cops the entire time and charges were dropped in part because of that. This is a nonissue and shouldn’t be a suspension at all
And that’s why we didn’t post names or anything came out. It was nothing. Its probably the reason the suspension was in flux, possibly not happening or moved.

His new blog reports that DJ Scaife was arrested in July for possession of a concealed firearm. UM is and has been aware of the arrest and discipline is unknown. The state attorney, however, has declined to press charges.

Zion remains out but coaches are hopeful and optimistic he plays, as we've been saying.

Jarrid Williams has been working at LT in his absence.

So if Zion really can't get back, Campbell is out, and DJ is suspended...this is ME talking by the way, not in Jackson's article....wow. That would not be good.

Guess we'll see.
I told yall we are going to get spanked by Bama +30. I wonder if this will carry over to the rest of the season.

Advertisement
:oops:

Would Scaife be running with the 1s all month if they knew he'd be missing on 9/4?
When Zion was healthy Williams was working with ones and Scaife was at backup. That’s why, Scaife was the starter at rt.

I’ve heard one side , and I’ve now heard Tae’s. Honestly I don’t know how to view it. Only the people that was their first have a good idea. I can see both sides and can’t say. Tbh I’m not sure if Tae would return even if we brought him back.

He needs to move on and play somewhere else. Reading the memo explaining the decision not to prosecute it is pretty clear what happened the day of the incident and what happened after the incident. She recanted because in her mind it is in her best long term interest to recant.

In Florida your car is an extension of your home so you don’t have to conceal your firearm EVER. It can be on your lap.
castle doctrine
That's news to me. I was told the "secured" thing in all my trainings.

Here's what a quick search turned up:

With a Concealed Weapon and Firearm License (CWFL) or recognized out of state equivalent, in a private car, there is no restriction on how you can carry your handgun, as long as it is concealed. This means that no part of the firearm is visible to the eye. Contrary to popular belief, there is NO three step law in the state of Florida to access your firearm in a vehicle.

Without a CWFL or recognized out of state equivalent in a private vehicle, the handgun must be securely encased or not readily accessible. Securely encased includes carrying a loaded handgun in a holster which closes over the handgun (not a pressure holster and not on your person), glove compartment, gun case or a closed container. Not readily accessible means locked in the trunk or vehicle storage compartment.

Advertisement
He needs to move on and play somewhere else. Reading the memo explaining the decision not to prosecute it is pretty clear what happened the day of the incident and what happened after the incident. She recanted because in her mind it is in her best long term interest to recant.
It might not be as clear as some think.

I disagree because Williams and Oluwaseun have a combined 11 years experience and 40+ starts at tackle on this level. They wouldn't dominate against Bama but they wouldn't be completely overmatched. They have played in big games before. This is different than playing Ike Walker, McLaughlin or Chris Washington who would be a deer in headlights.

At what level? Dude played 10 games at tackle for UNLV. He has never seen a Bama defensive line.

I agree with you that, if this stuff is true and it truly is worst-case scenario (nobody is saying it is, but it's a bunch of ******** sitting around on a message board, let's talk different scenarios) having 2 kids who have played D1 ball at the position who can fill in isn't the worst thing in the world. And I will also agree with you about the hype on Nelson around here being a little ridiculous.

But let's get down to brass tacks. Nelson is the best tackle on the team. I don't think that's debatable. Even if you do, he is without question one of the best two. I also don't think it's debatable that Campbell and Scaife are 2 of the best 4. So, again, worst-case here, but if you go into a game with Alabama down 3 of your 4 best tackles, that is a recipe for disaster. We're all nervous as **** about this line holding up at full strength. Your top 5 becoming a top 2 is no bueno. And again, since it seems when it rains it pours around here, what happens when Williams gets his foot stepped on and has to miss a drive? You're literally a twisted ankle away from Kai-Leon Herbert playing tackle for you against Ala-freakin-Bama (My Cousin Vinny voice) ?!

Wow! @Scaife. I guess I was asleep at the wheel when that incident was reported. Had no clue he got into some trouble in July. Im 100% confident that Jarrid Williams can hold down the fort though. 6th year player will hella game experience shouldnt be running scared on Sept 4th from anyone.
I am just the opposite. He is not a LT and I'm not sure he was even going to be our starting RT this year. If he needs to play I hope I'm wrong on both counts.

Advertisement
At what level? Dude played 10 games at tackle for UNLV. He has never seen a Bama defensive line.

I agree with you that, if this stuff is true and it truly is worst-case scenario (nobody is saying it is, but it's a bunch of ******** sitting around on a message board, let's talk different scenarios) having 2 kids who have played D1 ball at the position who can fill in isn't the worst thing in the world. And I will also agree with you about the hype on Nelson around here being a little ridiculous.

But let's get down to brass tacks. Nelson is the best tackle on the team. I don't think that's debatable. Even if you do, he is without question one of the best two. I also don't think it's debatable that Campbell and Scaife are 2 of the best 4. So, again, worst-case here, but if you go into a game with Alabama down 3 of your 4 best tackles, that is a recipe for disaster. We're all nervous as **** about this line holding up at full strength. Your top 5 becoming a top 2 is no bueno. And again, since it seems when it rains it pours around here, what happens when Williams gets his foot stepped on and has to miss a drive? You're literally a twisted ankle away from Kai-Leon Herbert playing tackle for you against Ala-freakin-Bama (My Cousin Vinny voice) ?!
JO has started 19 games at left or right tackle. Obviously it was against teams like San Diego State or San Jose State but this isn't a Tommy Kennedy situation imo. As you noted, it's the depth behind JW and JO that's real troubling.

Advertisement
Back