Barry Jackson on OL/possible suspension

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, they were dropped but he’s one of the two I referenced a couple weeks ago. There was talk of moving suspension to App St

I'm normally a strong supporter of discipline. You break codes of conduct, you get punished, full stop.

But this is one of the few exceptions I would make. Not for Scaife but for the health and well-being of my QB and RBs. Play the kid to keep others safe. With Campbell out and Nelson questionable, we don't want another leg injury in our backfield because we need to throw Tommy Kennedy out at tackle against Bama.

step brothers wtf GIF

Advertisement
I will just say this:

Scaife is the 1st team RT all throughout camp. Then, at some point in JULY, Williams takes back over the 1st team RT job.

Then, a few weeks later, charges were dropped, then Scaife moved back to 1st team RT and Williams takes over LT (where Scaife had been during that conspicuous time period of July until charges were dropped).

Haven’t seen any reports either way, but just look at what transpired and it sure looks like a guy who got into trouble, was going to be suspended so he was demoted, charges dropped and moved back to 1st team. Sure looks like he won’t be suspended now to me.

Advertisement
He said "if he had a permit he wouldn't have been arrested". That is correct ... although it isn't a "permit" it is a concealed carry license .. it is the ONLY handgun license issued in the State of Florida. There is no a). gun registration b). no "permit" required to own any firearm c). no "permit" required to transport firearms in the trunk of your vehicle to a range or for hunting. To CARRY a handgun, concealed, the license is required and apparently he had already submitted his paper work and it had been approved either right before his incident or immediately after (generally takes at least a month for approval once paper work is submitted). Might have been approved and he simply didn't have the license in his wallet. I have one, but don't put it in my wallet unless I am taking handguns to the range .. I don't carry .. got it as "education" on the process, the course, and "just in case".

Why are you telling me? I have a law degree and know how to read the rules, plus my brother has a hunter's ****nal of guns. You need to be telling the original poster.

Being without Scaife and Nelson isn't ideal but Oluwaseun can probably hold it down at tackle. And we know Jarrid Williams can handle it.

Advertisement
Wait, was that why the charges were dropped? If so, there's no way he gets in trouble.

Not that this is the case, but does anyone know if it was on-campus? Might be some additional rules against carrying on campus that could apply, in spite of the Florida law. Sounds like the violation of Florida law was technical/minor to the point where the ASA did not want to waste time on it, but it doesn't mean that there wasn't an original violation of Florida law, and possibly a violation of campus rules if it happened on UM property.

Again, I hope the kid is able to play, I'm just talking this out though.

Is scaife 21? and does he have a permit to carry? If so nothing should happen he's in his legal right.
he didn't have a permit at the time of the the arrest so I guess we shall see.. fyi: DONT TALK TO THE POLICE!. if Scaife would had just stuck to talk about the dark tint (reason for the stop) and exercise his right to no answer questions then there was no probable cause to search his car and admitting to the gun.

Advertisement
Back