Barry Jackson on OL/possible suspension

Advertisement
Is scaife 21? and does he have a permit to carry? If so nothing should happen he's in his legal right.

You did see the word "concealed", right? And if he doesn't have a CONCEALED firearm license, then it would be problematic.

Plenty of people in Florida do not have that license.

Wait, was that why the charges were dropped? If so, there's no way he gets in trouble.

What you're saying is logical, and I understand these are different situations entirely, but we just had a kid kicked off the team for charges that were eventually dropped.

Again, you're making perfect sense. But I sure as **** wouldn't bet that he's playing. Hopefully common sense prevails, but you really never know with this program.

You did see the word "concealed", right? And if he doesn't have a CONCEALED firearm license, then it would be problematic.

Got it, I'm in PA I don't know what the laws are in Florida, i assumed gun laws in Florida to much more lenient.

Advertisement
His new blog reports that DJ Scaife was arrested in July for possession of a concealed firearm. UM is and has been aware of the arrest and discipline is unknown. The state attorney, however, has declined to press charges.

Zion remains out but coaches are hopeful and optimistic he plays, as we've been saying.

Jarrid Williams has been working at LT in his absence.

So if Zion really can't get back, Campbell is out, and DJ is suspended...this is ME talking by the way, not in Jackson's article....wow. That would not be good.

Guess we'll see.
For a team that constantly preaches a standard of accountability, putting the team first, and culture this is troubling. Is it really that difficult to not break laws or get suspended in the weeks leading up to a game that can truly change the trajectory of the program? This staff and team have a golden opportunity to actually do something great this year which makes these issues baffling.

I am sure this will get downvotes and get dismissed with the cliché "this happens in every program". SMH

Advertisement
Got it, I'm in PA I don't know what the laws are in Florida, i assumed gun laws in Florida to much more lenient.
You can't carry on your person until you have the physical permit. Even if it's been approved or is pending arrival to your address. And, there are rules about how to carry.

Don't the details of Scaife's case, but if, during the time of the traffic stop (or whatever), he had the firearm on his person without a permit, it's an issue. If he had it in his car in a "securely enclosed" location (think: anywhere that "clicks" or locks), then there shouldn't have been a problem. There are grey areas as to "how" to travel with a weapon when you don't have a CWP, but it's generally straightforward about what you can do with the CWP and the gun on your person.

*Mind you, I only got trained and started carrying last year during the pandemic (props to all here who suggested both firearms and training options - got the G19 and I'm all in on continuous tactical training), so I'm certain there are nuances I don't yet understand. I do carry almost 100% of the time now. If ever pulled over and asked for my driver's license by LEO, I am prepared to turn over my CWP simultaneously.

And the rumors too about Rooster and Jennings.

Just wake me up in Atlanta on 9/4. Or actually, I have a reservation at Little Alley Steak the night before, so wake me up before that, then I'll go to bed until 3:15 Saturday afternoon. This **** is maddening.
If you’re going to a steak place, you know who lives in the Atlanta area, and could possibly join you?

Eats shoe leather with ketchup.

Advertisement
His new blog reports that DJ Scaife was arrested in July for possession of a concealed firearm. UM is and has been aware of the arrest and discipline is unknown. The state attorney, however, has declined to press charges.

Zion remains out but coaches are hopeful and optimistic he plays, as we've been saying.

Jarrid Williams has been working at LT in his absence.

So if Zion really can't get back, Campbell is out, and DJ is suspended...this is ME talking by the way, not in Jackson's article....wow. That would not be good.

Guess we'll see.
Hookers and blow involved?

We byke meng!

I guess they don't sell "thinking caps" anymore until you starting getting grey hairs. By the I was a 5th year senior (partied a lot) I was done making phuckups.

Advertisement
What you're saying is logical, and I understand these are different situations entirely, but we just had a kid kicked off the team for charges that were eventually dropped.

Again, you're making perfect sense. But I sure as **** wouldn't bet that he's playing. Hopefully common sense prevails, but you really never know with this program.
I’d have to imagine Manny applies common sense here.

You can't carry on your person until you have the physical permit.
I really don't know what I'm talking about but if Scaife knew this prior to his arrest then he'll be suspended. If it was an honest mistake on his part then there's a 50% chance he'll be suspended.

He said "if he had a permit he wouldn't have been arrested". That is correct ... although it isn't a "permit" it is a concealed carry license .. it is the ONLY handgun license issued in the State of Florida. There is no a). gun registration b). no "permit" required to own any firearm c). no "permit" required to transport firearms in the trunk of your vehicle to a range or for hunting. To CARRY a handgun, concealed, the license is required and apparently he had already submitted his paper work and it had been approved either right before his incident or immediately after (generally takes at least a month for approval once paper work is submitted). Might have been approved and he simply didn't have the license in his wallet. I have one, but don't put it in my wallet unless I am taking handguns to the range .. I don't carry .. got it as "education" on the process, the course, and "just in case".

Advertisement
Back