Barry Jackson latest "buzz"

Miami's number one priority right now is avoiding another scandal.

Al Golden is good at that.

Advertisement
OK. Well, whatever. Point being, he's going to be fired in a few weeks, because he ain't winning the coastal.

But you see...that's not THE point. The point is he WASN'T fired when he SHOULD have been fired which was LAST year.

And the other point is....he shouldn't have any "outs" at this point. Winning a ****ty *** mediocre coastal division in his FIFTH ****ing year shouldn't be a lifeline.

That's the point. The fact there is still more than a .1% chance that he can keep his job is an insult to every human being left on this planet that still cares about this program.

We shouldn't be forced to root against our team any longer. Just make the decision, announce it, and we all can move on. I'd like to root for my team to beat Clemson but I know full well that a win there would give him a chance to keep his job...so I can't.

Every ounce of toxicity that surrounds the program right now was self inflicted by the most incompetent set of decision makers in the country.

And I just explained why YOUR point doesn't/didn't jive with the reality of the situation.

Again, between the buyout, Shalala's exiting and Frenk's coming in, there was ZERO chance of Golden being fired last year. Writing was on the wall. EVERYTHING pointed him being judged based on this year's performance, and let go if he didn't/doesn't make a run at an ACC title. All the banners in the world weren't going to change that.

That there is a .1% chance of him retaining his job is what it is; it'd be hard for anyone to fire a coach who wins his conference. But the likelihood of that happening is so remote that it isn't even worth spending time fretting over. And the likelihood of him wanting to remain here, even if he lucks out and wins the coastal and the whole conference, is even less. He'll move on one way or the other, and we'll move forward.

Well I don't accept that explanation. That "reality" is simply the result of **** poor management and administration. None of those reasons are valid excuses for retaining a poor head coach in his FOURTH full year. I'm sorry...you can spew whatever ****ing garbage you want to passively defend the decision making...but it's not valid. The REALITY is they are clueless.

You're second paragraph is full of utter bull**** so I simply refuse to comment any further or waste my team on such a retarded line of reasoning.

As for your very last sentence...I'll believe it when I see it. Again, we're dealing with THE most incompetent set of decision makers in the country. He's as liable of getting fired as he is of getting an extension depending on what happens these last few games.

Let's go Tigers.

I'm not "passively defending" jack ****. I'm looking at it from a logical, logistical perspective.

No outgoing prez wants to hire a new football coach and leave the incoming prez holding the bag.
No incoming prez wants to hire a new football coach until he has a chance to evaluate for himself.
No BOT member wants to spend what was reportedly a ****-ton more money to get rid of Golden last year than this year.

That you refuse to accept it doesn't make it any less obvious.

you points are invalid. it's not like shalala would be doing the firing and hiring anyways. it'd be different if you said she didn't want to fire the AD but she was never gonna personally hire or fire the next HC. and that whole ****-ton of money excuse was used at the beginning of last season so it also loses validity. there were many people who claimed to "be in the know" about golden's buyout being significantly less at the end of last season, yet he was still retained. we are also dealing with another unusual situation in that our AD doesn't seem to either have the power to make personnel decisions or just plain out has no f*cking clue how to go about it.

poor frenk, he actually thinks he has a competent AD whom he can give responsibility to, the guy's clueless

The question asked at the BOT meeting was "Will Golden be fired if he doesn't win the coastal?". The answer was "He has to finish strong."

In other words, winning the coastal isn't a requirement for Golden to stay. "Finishing Strong" Can (and likely will) mean anything other than a complete flop the second half of the season. Whenever the subject is broached, the answer leaves a lot of wiggle room.

Advertisement
The question asked at the BOT meeting was "Will Golden be fired if he doesn't win the coastal?". The answer was "He has to finish strong."

In other words, winning the coastal isn't a requirement for Golden to stay. "Finishing Strong" Can (and likely will) mean anything other than a complete flop the second half of the season. Whenever the subject is broached, the answer leaves a lot of wiggle room.

Sauce?

Everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...has pointed to Golden being let go after this season, unless he can somehow win the coastal and put on a good show to close the season (which ain't going to happen).

--Several BOT members mentioning the buyout last year, and how it dropped after this year.
--Shalala leaving before the season meant that she wasn't going to be the one to fire him.
--Frenk's first year; he's not going to OKfiring the coach when we still have a shot at a division title.

Doesn't all this scare you?

This is a Canes football board and totally skewed. Frenk's immediate priorities are the Medical school, etc. The well-being of the University is the far bigger issue.
That said, I hope his first firing is a twin killing AD/AG when we are eliminated from the Coastal.

Everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...has pointed to Golden being let go after this season, unless he can somehow win the coastal and put on a good show to close the season (which ain't going to happen).

--Several BOT members mentioning the buyout last year, and how it dropped after this year.
--Shalala leaving before the season meant that she wasn't going to be the one to fire him.
--Frenk's first year; he's not going to OKfiring the coach when we still have a shot at a division title.

This is a Canes football board and totally skewed. Frenk's immediate priorities are the Medical school, etc. The well-being of the University is the far bigger issue.
That said, I hope his first firing is a twin killing AD/AG when we are eliminated from the Coastal.

I meant doesn't it scare you that these retards are in control of athletics and have a track record that screams incompetence. Perhaps if we hired a competent passionate AD, gave him the power to run the department, we wouldn't be in this nightmare.

Advertisement

I meant doesn't it scare you that these retards are in control of athletics and have a track record that screams incompetence. Perhaps if we hired a competent passionate AD, gave him the power to run the department, we wouldn't be in this nightmare.

I agree that Blake has to go as part of the housecleaning.

Firing Day is 38 away.

A Clemson win, is a win for our beloved Canes football program.

Don't really want to hear any Superfan comments saying otherwise. We've heard them all: can't ever root against my Canes; I support the players; I'm a true fan; blah blah blah. BTW, if you go to this game, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM (exceptions: stole the ticket; wear a bag over your head; hold up an anti-Fraulden sign; get thrown out for booing).

Every Canes loss is a stab in the heart of the BOT/Flake/Fraulden CANCER.

TWIST THAT KNIFE!!!

[video=youtube;wTiGvPhT7CQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTiGvPhT7CQ[/video]

Advertisement
Back