Barry Jackson latest "buzz"

### New UM president Julio Frenk twice has been asked about Golden’s future during Board of Trustee meetings, including Thursday, and twice said he will leave the decision to athletic director Blake James, according to someone in attendance.

That's in line with Frenk's philosophy of giving his top administrators the power to make the decisions they are entrusted to make.

A high-level Trustee said he believes Golden will be in serious, serious jeopardy after the season without a strong finish over the final six games.

We ****ed!!! Frenk reminds me of that idiot who thought he could be friends with Brown Bears, got himself and girl friend eaten. In other words very naive. To leave such an important decision up to a Flake like James is like the president leaving the decision to go to war to Health and Human Services Director. "Julio ju done wanna maticone lika Flate Jaime to do dis mi freind!"

"Naive" would be believing that everything quoted to the media is actually what is being discussed behind closed doors. Frenk might be an idiot, or he might be telling people that this sht is going to get cleaned up for the sake of the brand. Either way, he's not disclosing anything of substance to Barry Fcking Jackson.

Advertisement
BOT, powerless....allegedly; New President, powerless....allegedly...and Blake James is a worm...fact.

Wow, what a pickle we're in as fans

This is so right. I've never seen a place like this where no one wants the power to make decisions. Everyone seems to be passing the buck to someone else. Such a clown show.

It's still boggles the mind that he survived last season. SEVEN losses in his FOURTH full year at the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI.

Our program is run by apathetic morons.

### New UM president Julio Frenk twice has been asked about Golden’s future during Board of Trustee meetings, including Thursday, and twice said he will leave the decision to athletic director Blake James, according to someone in attendance.

That's in line with Frenk's philosophy of giving his top administrators the power to make the decisions they are entrusted to make.

A high-level Trustee said he believes Golden will be in serious, serious jeopardy after the season without a strong finish over the final six games.

We ****ed!!! Frenk reminds me of that idiot who thought he could be friends with Brown Bears, got himself and girl friend eaten. In other words very naive. To leave such an important decision up to a Flake like James is like the president leaving the decision to go to war to Health and Human Services Director. "Julio ju done wanna maticone lika Flate Jaime to do dis mi freind!"

"Naive" would be believing that everything quoted to the media is actually what is being discussed behind closed doors. Frenk might be an idiot, or he might be telling people that this sht is going to get cleaned up for the sake of the brand. Either way, he's not disclosing anything of substance to Barry Fcking Jackson.

Maybe.

But the body of work and the ACTUAL occurrences over the last 10 years speak for themselves. There is very little reason to believe that there is some sort of secret behind-the-scenes action being taken by Frenk or any of his direct reports.

Everything points to a sense of apathy. There is zero urgency in that building to correct anything having to do with the football program. We're all guessing but I feel it's safe to say there's at least a decent chance that what Jackson is saying is true...simply based off what we've actually seen over the last decade.

Advertisement
Maybe.

But the body of work and the ACTUAL occurrences over the last 10 years speak for themselves. There is very little reason to believe that there is some sort of secret behind-the-scenes action being taken by Frenk or any of his direct reports.

Everything points to a sense of apathy. There is zero urgency in that building to correct anything having to do with the football program. We're all guessing but I feel it's safe to say there's at least a decent chance that what Jackson is saying is true...simply based off what we've actually seen over the last decade.

While I agree with that completely, the one sliver of hope is that Frenk wasn't here for those ten years. Like I said, he might end up being a stone cold passive idiot, or he might be an 800 pound gorilla behind the scenes who wants to get stuff done. I would like to give him that opportunity.

Maybe.

Everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...has pointed to Golden being let go after this season, unless he can somehow win the coastal and put on a good show to close the season (which ain't going to happen).

--Several BOT members mentioning the buyout last year, and how it dropped after this year.
--Shalala leaving before the season meant that she wasn't going to be the one to fire him.
--Frenk's first year; he's not going to OKfiring the coach when we still have a shot at a division title.

Maybe.

Everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...has pointed to Golden being let go after this season, unless he can somehow win the coastal and put on a good show to close the season (which ain't going to happen).

--Several BOT members mentioning the buyout last year, and how it dropped after this year.
--Shalala leaving before the season meant that she wasn't going to be the one to fire him.
--Frenk's first year; he's not going to OKfiring the coach when we still have a shot at a division title.

that's not good enough. he should be canned if he doesn't win the conference. he already had time to win this putrid division so that ship has sailed as being adequate.

TBH golden sucks. however, firing him right now isn't going to do any good. no one on the staff is competent and we can still win the ACC. when winning the ACC is no longer possible then Golden should be canned.

I am just as ****ed we gave this *** clown coaching staff 5 years as everyone else. We are 4-2. If we get to 4-5 then he should be fired because as bad as the coast is a 4 losses will eliminate us.

Winning the coastal or the ACC means they bring this guy back. Do you want that???

Advertisement

Maybe.

that's not good enough. he should be canned if he doesn't win the conference. he already had time to win this putrid division so that ship has sailed as being adequate.

OK. Well, whatever. Point being, he's going to be fired in a few weeks, because he ain't winning the coastal.

Al Golden is running to the show.
Blake don't have the balls to fire him.
It's like the coach in revenge of the nerds and the school administrator.

Last edited:

Maybe.

OK. Well, whatever. Point being, he's going to be fired in a few weeks, because he ain't winning the coastal.

But you see...that's not THE point. The point is he WASN'T fired when he SHOULD have been fired which was LAST year.

And the other point is....he shouldn't have any "outs" at this point. Winning a ****** *** mediocre coastal division in his FIFTH ******* year shouldn't be a lifeline.

That's the point. The fact there is still more than a .1% chance that he can keep his job is an insult to every human being left on this planet that still cares about this program.

We shouldn't be forced to root against our team any longer. Just make the decision, announce it, and we all can move on. I'd like to root for my team to beat Clemson but I know full well that a win there would give him a chance to keep his job...so I can't.

Every ounce of toxicity that surrounds the program right now was self inflicted by the most incompetent set of decision makers in the country.

Last edited:
Advertisement
TBH golden sucks. however, firing him right now isn't going to do any good. no one on the staff is competent and we can still win the ACC. when winning the ACC is no longer possible then Golden should be canned.

I am just as ****ed we gave this *** clown coaching staff 5 years as everyone else. We are 4-2. If we get to 4-5 then he should be fired because as bad as the coast is a 4 losses will eliminate us.

Winning the coastal or the ACC means they bring this guy back. Do you want that???

**** no but if he wins the coastal he's coming back. blake james wont fire him.

The flaw I see in the comment about Frenk putting trust in top administration to make decisions is that Frenk didn't hire James and there is no track record with James for Frenk to trust his judgment. Hopefully Frenk fires both James and Golden.

I'm thinking a double firing is likely...Frenk's probably gonna want to put his own person in as AD.

The flaw I see in the comment about Frenk putting trust in top administration to make decisions is that Frenk didn't hire James and there is no track record with James for Frenk to trust his judgment. Hopefully Frenk fires both James and Golden.

I'm thinking a double firing is likely...Frenk's probably gonna want to put his own person in as AD.

Who might this person be? One of his football intimates from Hahvahd? What's his background in athletic administration that would let him make a good choice, if he even had that power?

I think the BOT would make that call. They're not going to trust a first-year president to do this.

Advertisement

For the life of me I cannot reconcile in my head how in the **** a guy as under qualified and incompetent as Blake James reached such a high position within a big time program.

Honestly that is what worries me more. Unless Frenk hires a new AD I just don't see how this situation is going to get any better. If you trust an underqualified moron to lead the job search...then you're not a good president. That would mean we have a ****** new president and ****** AD who was inherited from the last ****** president.

I challenge anyone, anywhere to find me a more poorly managed organization anywhere in the country.

We're in ******* purgatory.

Maybe.

But you see...that's not THE point. The point is he WASN'T fired when he SHOULD have been fired which was LAST year.

And the other point is....he shouldn't have any "outs" at this point. Winning a ****** *** mediocre coastal division in his FIFTH ******* year shouldn't be a lifeline.

That's the point. The fact there is still more than a .1% chance that he can keep his job is an insult to every human being left on this planet that still cares about this program.

We shouldn't be forced to root against our team any longer. Just make the decision, announce it, and we all can move on. I'd like to root for my team to beat Clemson but I know full well that a win there would give him a chance to keep his job...so I can't.

Every ounce of toxicity that surrounds the program right now was self inflicted by the most incompetent set of decision makers in the country.

And I just explained why YOUR point doesn't/didn't jive with the reality of the situation.

Again, between the buyout, Shalala's exiting and Frenk's coming in, there was ZERO chance of Golden being fired last year. Writing was on the wall. EVERYTHING pointed him being judged based on this year's performance, and let go if he didn't/doesn't make a run at an ACC title. All the banners in the world weren't going to change that.

That there is a .1% chance of him retaining his job is what it is; it'd be hard for anyone to fire a coach who wins his conference. But the likelihood of that happening is so remote that it isn't even worth spending time fretting over. And the likelihood of him wanting to remain here, even if he lucks out and wins the coastal and the whole conference, is even less. He'll move on one way or the other, and we'll move forward.

Last edited:
Blake is not stupid, he hears all the inside and outside noise in the program and that's why he has been answering questions about it. He's being politically correct as he should be at his point but things will change once we have no shot at winning the coastal division. I have no doubt that Blake will distance himself from Al to save his own *** once **** starts rolling downhill.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back