Barry Jackson latest "buzz"

Everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...has pointed to Golden being let go after this season, unless he can somehow win the coastal and put on a good show to close the season (which ain't going to happen).

--Several BOT members mentioning the buyout last year, and how it dropped after this year.
--Shalala leaving before the season meant that she wasn't going to be the one to fire him.
--Frenk's first year; he's not going to OKfiring the coach when we still have a shot at a division title.

Doesn't all this scare you?

Advertisement
Everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...has pointed to Golden being let go after this season, unless he can somehow win the coastal and put on a good show to close the season (which ain't going to happen).

--Several BOT members mentioning the buyout last year, and how it dropped after this year.
--Shalala leaving before the season meant that she wasn't going to be the one to fire him.
--Frenk's first year; he's not going to OKfiring the coach when we still have a shot at a division title.

that's not good enough. he should be canned if he doesn't win the conference. he already had time to win this putrid division so that ship has sailed as being adequate.

OK. Well, whatever. Point being, he's going to be fired in a few weeks, because he ain't winning the coastal.

But you see...that's not THE point. The point is he WASN'T fired when he SHOULD have been fired which was LAST year.

And the other point is....he shouldn't have any "outs" at this point. Winning a ****** *** mediocre coastal division in his FIFTH ******* year shouldn't be a lifeline.

That's the point. The fact there is still more than a .1% chance that he can keep his job is an insult to every human being left on this planet that still cares about this program.

We shouldn't be forced to root against our team any longer. Just make the decision, announce it, and we all can move on. I'd like to root for my team to beat Clemson but I know full well that a win there would give him a chance to keep his job...so I can't.

Every ounce of toxicity that surrounds the program right now was self inflicted by the most incompetent set of decision makers in the country.

And I just explained why YOUR point doesn't/didn't jive with the reality of the situation.

Again, between the buyout, Shalala's exiting and Frenk's coming in, there was ZERO chance of Golden being fired last year. Writing was on the wall. EVERYTHING pointed him being judged based on this year's performance, and let go if he didn't/doesn't make a run at an ACC title. All the banners in the world weren't going to change that.

That there is a .1% chance of him retaining his job is what it is; it'd be hard for anyone to fire a coach who wins his conference. But the likelihood of that happening is so remote that it isn't even worth spending time fretting over. And the likelihood of him wanting to remain here, even if he lucks out and wins the coastal and the whole conference, is even less. He'll move on one way or the other, and we'll move forward.

Well I don't accept that explanation. That "reality" is simply the result of **** poor management and administration. None of those reasons are valid excuses for retaining a poor head coach in his FOURTH full year. I'm sorry...you can spew whatever ******* garbage you want to passively defend the decision making...but it's not valid. The REALITY is they are clueless.

You're second paragraph is full of utter bull**** so I simply refuse to comment any further or waste my team on such a retarded line of reasoning.

As for your very last sentence...I'll believe it when I see it. Again, we're dealing with THE most incompetent set of decision makers in the country. He's as liable of getting fired as he is of getting an extension depending on what happens these last few games.

Let's go Tigers.

The flaw I see in the comment about Frenk putting trust in top administration to make decisions is that Frenk didn't hire James and there is no track record with James for Frenk to trust his judgment. Hopefully Frenk fires both James and Golden.

I'm thinking a double firing is likely...Frenk's probably gonna want to put his own person in as AD.

And then we'll have a future as a big-time soccer school.

Me? No, not at all.

I have zero faith in Golden winning anything. I see losses against Clemson and UNC for starters, and possibly Duke and Pitt too. Golden't 0-fer against top-25 teams, and three out of those four teams are in the top 25 right now, with UNC looking tougher by the week.

I have all faith that he'll be canned, either after whatever loss mathematically eliminates us from contention, or at the end of the season.

Even though KuntinHeelCountry is full of chit and none of it makes any sense. This point about the coastal being relevant is most troublesome. The coastal is ***ing irrelevant. It is like bragging that your papercut healed but you still have stage 4 pancreatic cancer with metastasis all over. It is ***ing irrelevant.

Advertisement
that's not good enough. he should be canned if he doesn't win the conference. he already had time to win this putrid division so that ship has sailed as being adequate.

OK. Well, whatever. Point being, he's going to be fired in a few weeks, because he ain't winning the coastal.

But you see...that's not THE point. The point is he WASN'T fired when he SHOULD have been fired which was LAST year.

And the other point is....he shouldn't have any "outs" at this point. Winning a ****** *** mediocre coastal division in his FIFTH ******* year shouldn't be a lifeline.

That's the point. The fact there is still more than a .1% chance that he can keep his job is an insult to every human being left on this planet that still cares about this program.

We shouldn't be forced to root against our team any longer. Just make the decision, announce it, and we all can move on. I'd like to root for my team to beat Clemson but I know full well that a win there would give him a chance to keep his job...so I can't.

Every ounce of toxicity that surrounds the program right now was self inflicted by the most incompetent set of decision makers in the country.

And I just explained why YOUR point doesn't/didn't jive with the reality of the situation.

Again, between the buyout, Shalala's exiting and Frenk's coming in, there was ZERO chance of Golden being fired last year. Writing was on the wall. EVERYTHING pointed him being judged based on this year's performance, and let go if he didn't/doesn't make a run at an ACC title. All the banners in the world weren't going to change that.

That there is a .1% chance of him retaining his job is what it is; it'd be hard for anyone to fire a coach who wins his conference. But the likelihood of that happening is so remote that it isn't even worth spending time fretting over. And the likelihood of him wanting to remain here, even if he lucks out and wins the coastal and the whole conference, is even less. He'll move on one way or the other, and we'll move forward.

Well I don't accept that explanation. That "reality" is simply the result of **** poor management and administration. None of those reasons are valid excuses for retaining a poor head coach in his FOURTH full year. I'm sorry...you can spew whatever ******* garbage you want to passively defend the decision making...but it's not valid. The REALITY is they are clueless.

You're second paragraph is full of utter bull**** so I simply refuse to comment any further or waste my team on such a retarded line of reasoning.

As for your very last sentence...I'll believe it when I see it. Again, we're dealing with THE most incompetent set of decision makers in the country. He's as liable of getting fired as he is of getting an extension depending on what happens these last few games.

Let's go Tigers.

I'm not "passively defending" jack ****. I'm looking at it from a logical, logistical perspective.

No outgoing prez wants to hire a new football coach and leave the incoming prez holding the bag.
No incoming prez wants to hire a new football coach until he has a chance to evaluate for himself.
No BOT member wants to spend what was reportedly a ****-ton more money to get rid of Golden last year than this year.

That you refuse to accept it doesn't make it any less obvious.

Let's go Tigers.

I'm not "passively defending" jack ****. I'm looking at it from a logical, logistical perspective.

No outgoing prez wants to hire a new football coach and leave the incoming prez holding the bag.
No incoming prez wants to hire a new football coach until he has a chance to evaluate for himself.
No BOT member wants to spend what was reportedly a ****-ton more money to get rid of Golden last year than this year.

Logic? Logic you say? For the love of God don't reference "logic". There's hasn't been any semblance of "logic" surrounding or attached to any one decision this program has made over the last 10 years.

All of those "reasons", "excuses", or whatever the **** you want to call them are not valid reasons for a PROGRAM not running their operations correctly. If the president can't or won't act...that's what the BOT is suppose to be there for. Don't even try to feed me some bull**** about not wanting to hire a coach without the new president's input when it's clear that

A) This new president doesn't give a **** about who the coach or AD are. He simply defers to them.
B) The qualifications for the new president search were never going to factor in anything having to do with football anyways.

Sorry guy...but I don't buy a single syllable of what you're selling. Those are bull**** excuses and simply serve as a reminder of how ******* inept the current administration is.

Me? No, not at all.

I have zero faith in Golden winning anything. I see losses against Clemson and UNC for starters, and possibly Duke and Pitt too. Golden't 0-fer against top-25 teams, and three out of those four teams are in the top 25 right now, with UNC looking tougher by the week.

I have all faith that he'll be canned, either after whatever loss mathematically eliminates us from contention, or at the end of the season.

Think deeper and stop backing these potatoes for one second.

Who created the problem we're currently in TODAY?

The BOTs and Shalala. They decided to hire Al then they decided to then extend Al (for no reason). They're the ones who created this problem. They're (no longer Shalala but sub Frenk) choosing to continue the problem. So these people who create the problem then set these arbitrary standards.

So the reason we're handicapped is because the people who are in charge make terrible, irrational and illogical decisions. Then they *** everyone over with these decisions and don't attempt to fix them. It is all fake too. They just don't give a chit.

Doesn't this scare you?

Advertisement

And the other point is....he shouldn't have any "outs" at this point. Winning a ****ty *** mediocre coastal division in his FIFTH ****ing year shouldn't be a lifeline.

Well I don't accept that explanation. That "reality" is simply the result of **** poor management and administration. None of those reasons are valid excuses for retaining a poor head coach in his FOURTH full year. I'm sorry...you can spew whatever ****ing garbage you want to passively defend the decision making...but it's not valid. The REALITY is they are clueless.

Let's go Tigers.

Logic? Logic you say? For the love of God don't reference "logic". There's hasn't been any semblance of "logic" surrounding or attached to any one decision this program has made over the last 10 years.

All of those "reasons", "excuses", or whatever the **** you want to call them are not valid reasons for a PROGRAM not running their operations correctly. If the president can't or won't act...that's what the BOT is suppose to be there for. Don't even try to feed me some bull**** about not wanting to hire a coach without the new president's input when it's clear that

A) This new president doesn't give a **** about who the coach or AD are. He simply defers to them.
B) The qualifications for the new president search were never going to factor in anything having to do with football anyways.

Sorry guy...but I don't buy a single syllable of what you're selling. Those are bull**** excuses and simply serve as a reminder of how ****ing inept the current administration is.

This guy is a ***ing potato. He is the lead potato. He is filling in nicely for DK72 and the rest of his fudgepackers as well.

This administration is ***ing awful and their standards are insane.

Me? No, not at all.

Think deeper and stop backing these potatoes for one second.

Who created the problem we're currently in TODAY?

The BOTs and Shalala. They decided to hire Al then they decided to then extend Al (for no reason). They're the ones who created this problem. They're (no longer Shalala but sub Frenk) choosing to continue the problem. So these people who create the problem then set these arbitrary standards.

So the reason we're handicapped is because the people who are in charge make terrible, irrational and illogical decisions. Then they *** everyone over with these decisions and don't attempt to fix them. It is all fake too. They just don't give a chit.

Doesn't this scare you?

No, ****signoramus, it doesn't scare me. Calm the **** down. Some of the same members of the BOT hired Butch back in the day.

Even if it does "scare" you...what can you do about it? What are you going to do about it? You going to waste money to send up a banner to get the whole BOT to voluntarily remove themselves? Maybe send one up asking the ACC to pressure us into action? Or beg ESPN to step into the picture? LMAO. Gawd, you guys are so effing ignorant.

Advertisement
Blake is not stupid, he here's all the inside and outside noise in the program and that's why he has been answering questions about it. He's being politically correct as he should be at his point but things will change once we have no shot at winning the coastal division. I have no doubt that Blake will distance himself from Al to save his own *** once **** starts rolling downhill.

If Blake wasn't stupid, he wouldn't be addressing Golden's job status publicly as frequently as he has this week. In fact, he wouldn't comment on it at all after the s*** he pulled last year. James has zero credibility after saying we'd be better than we were the previous year following the season-opening loss at Louisville in 2014, only to then say that he saw progress that didn't show up in the win-loss column at the end of the year. Nothing he says can be taken seriously after that.

James also continues to cite the ACC Coastal as some sort of benchmark accomplishment for a coach in Year 5. That's being remarkably tonedeaf considering he's the AD at Miami, not some non-historic Power 5 school where mediocrity is assumed.

No, ****signoramus, it doesn't scare me. Calm the **** down. Some of the same members of the BOT hired Butch back in the day.

Even if it does "scare" you...what can you do about it? What are you going to do about it? You going to waste money to send up a banner to get the whole BOT to voluntarily remove themselves? Maybe send one up asking the ACC to pressure us into action? LMAO.

Who hired Butch? Are you making chit up again? Who on the current BOT had anything to do with Butch?

Stuart A. Miller, on the BOT since 2002, not on the BOTs at the time of the hire.

Hilarie Bass, Richard D. Fain, Leonard L. Abess, David Epstein, Paul Dimarie, etc.

And again, even if they had something to do with the hiring of Butch Davis, that is 1 for 4. 1 for ***ing 4. That doesn't explain: (1) Coker's Second Extension, (2) RS Hiring, (3) RS Extension, (4) AG Hiring and (5) AG Extension. None of that makes any sense but not the point.

What are you going do about it? What are you going do about it? What are you going do about it? What are you going do about it?

What type of **** eating **** says this chit?

Advertisement
TBH golden sucks. however, firing him right now isn't going to do any good. no one on the staff is competent and we can still win the ACC. when winning the ACC is no longer possible then Golden should be canned.

I am just as ****ed we gave this *** clown coaching staff 5 years as everyone else. We are 4-2. If we get to 4-5 then he should be fired because as bad as the coast is a 4 losses will eliminate us.

So if he "wins the coastal", you would consider keeping him around? Most of us have realized by now that he is not the long-term solution for this program.

He won't win the coastal so there's no issue here...the coastal title is going to be in the triangle this year (either Duke or UNC).

I can't see how Al survives this. There are just so many questions, and concerns about Al's job security that it has become he new cloud over this program. This is going to have a disastrous effect on recruiting just like it did last year when welts so many recruits at the last minute.

TBH golden sucks. however, firing him right now isn't going to do any good. no one on the staff is competent and we can still win the ACC. when winning the ACC is no longer possible then Golden should be canned.

I am just as ****ed we gave this *** clown coaching staff 5 years as everyone else. We are 4-2. If we get to 4-5 then he should be fired because as bad as the coast is a 4 losses will eliminate us.

So if he "wins the coastal", you would consider keeping him around? Most of us have realized by now that he is not the long-term solution for this program.

He won't win the coastal so there's no issue here...the coastal title is going to be in the triangle this year (either Duke or UNC).

Pitt may have something to say about that considering there in the drivers seat at this point. Their remaining schedule favors them as well since their toughest game will be at Duke. Everything else will be at home in the snow and cold weather. I think we lose to them on Nov. 27 in the snow easily

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back