Barry Jackson latest blog

Am I wrong or is 22% body fat for a dude that big a huge deal?
It's pretty incredible, especially considering his age. Usually that young you are still carrying a ton of baby fat and not carrying the muscle you will in your 20's.

Really impressive.

That's my problem, still carrying bunch of baby fat -- Is 65 too old to use that line? Good for the kid. Glad to see we seem to be going back to faster is better. Most of our games are played in South Florida. kids can't carry midwest cow body type that well down here. Better for them to wear the fat boys out in our heat than try to out fat them.(Al never understood the difference).

Advertisement
Hard not to be excited after that read, even if it sounds like a fluff piece. Donaldson and Thomas were my favorite recruits last year and they seem like they are ready to go. Not too worried about JJ and Redwine because despite all the experience and ability, Carter and Jenkins never really put it all together.

Donaldson is going to be a ****ing mauler at G. Who knows if he develops into a RT eventually but kid should be elite at G.

I hope hope he turns into a RT like Zach Martin of the Cowboys. I remember when we played Notre Dame up in Chicago, Martin was blowing up holes in our D-Line so large
Brad Kaaya could have run for a hundred yards. (well maybe not Brad)

When fans were claiming Dean would walk right in and start, I reminded them that Diaz is the DC, and all he ever talks about with DBs is tackling and toughness.

I can't wait to see what a rust-free Rick does with this offense. If he can't make it work with this crew he needs to bring someone in to help.

I really want to see us 4 wide a lot more this year. Get as much speed on the field as possible. Stress the defense at every level with guys that can take it to the house with just a small crease in the defense.
Probably gonna have no choice considering the TE depth right now

Going 4 wide is a good way to keep Herndon healthy and get all these WRs on the field. It just makes sense.

I hope we have enough corners to play more nickel and dime defenses on 3rd down. To many times on 3rd and long we ran base defense because we didn't have enough CB who could play or cover.

We have more game ready corners and safeties than we did last year. Banda said at media day they had 3 guys they could roll in last year at safety, he said this year he has 5 that he can roll in

Last edited:
When fans were claiming Dean would walk right in and start, I reminded them that Diaz is the DC, and all he ever talks about with DBs is tackling and toughness.

I can't wait to see what a rust-free Rick does with this offense. If he can't make it work with this crew he needs to bring someone in to help.

I really want to see us 4 wide a lot more this year. Get as much speed on the field as possible. Stress the defense at every level with guys that can take it to the house with just a small crease in the defense.

Going 4 wide is a good way to keep Herndon healthy and get all these WRs on the field. It just makes sense.

3 of our top 4 guys are basically slot guys. Does that change things or no?

Advertisement

I don't think it matters considering we don't have a viable option at FB or TE2.

Wouldn't at all mind seeing Redwine play to the level of our old Safety James Lewis. I'd say that's a reasonable expectation for him.

“Sheldrick is the one who gives us our most trouble out of all of them,” Rosier said. “He's very good disguising.”

That's great ****ing news

No knock on Redwine, but must make it easier to disguise on Rosier with him just starting to watch film

Hard not to be excited after that read, even if it sounds like a fluff piece. Donaldson and Thomas were my favorite recruits last year and they seem like they are ready to go. Not too worried about JJ and Redwine because despite all the experience and ability, Carter and Jenkins never really put it all together.

Come on now, they are both on nfl rosters right now. i know its still only preseason but we as fans tend to easily forget that they were solid contributors, especially when you compare what we use to have back their like aj highsmith and kacy rodgers. They both made pretty big strides in their development under this staff and improved on their tackling in open field. The one thing that is obvious to me is that the staff seemed to develop a lot of the senior talent that seemed to be underachieving left like Corn, Stacy, Jenkins, Carter and Colbert, plus the evolution of Njoku to quickly tap into his potential. From all reports i've read so far, Shane McDermott and Chad have been playing at a different level so far so hopefully we can see them finally at their potential.

Advertisement
Jenkins and Carter had tons of experience playing safety heading into 2016. Can't quite say that about Jaquan and Redwine, although they've both played a lot of ball. Helps that there's better competition with Carter, Finley, Knowles.

This is Miami Football...

And here’s the thing, Rosier notes: With elusive Braxton Berrios, Harley, Thomas and returning star Ahmmon Richards, expect those four to catch “short slants and short balls” and turn them into long gains, Rosier said.

It's pretty incredible, especially considering his age. Usually that young you are still carrying a ton of baby fat and not carrying the muscle you will in your 20's.

Really impressive.

That's my problem, still carrying bunch of baby fat -- Is 65 too old to use that line? Good for the kid. Glad to see we seem to be going back to faster is better. Most of our games are played in South Florida. kids can't carry midwest cow body type that well down here. Better for them to wear the fat boys out in our heat than try to out fat them.(Al never understood the difference).
22% isn't a ton of bodyfat. I wouldn't overthink that. But I agree with you.

Come on now, they are both on nfl rosters right now. i know its still only preseason but we as fans tend to easily forget that they were solid contributors, especially when you compare what we use to have back their like aj highsmith and kacy rodgers. They both made pretty big strides in their development under this staff and improved on their tackling in open field. The one thing that is obvious to me is that the staff seemed to develop a lot of the senior talent that seemed to be underachieving left like Corn, Stacy, Jenkins, Carter and Colbert, plus the evolution of Njoku to quickly tap into his potential. From all reports i've read so far, Shane McDermott and Chad have been playing at a different level so far so hopefully we can see them finally at their potential.
I hear ya. I just mean that despite all their obvious talent, something was just lacking.

Too long with Golden IMO. Those guys are no bums by any stretch, just saying for Miami Hurricane production, we can overcome their losses. Individually I like them both very much. Perplexing really that they weren't superstars here.

Advertisement

Really impressive.

22% isn't a ton of bodyfat. I wouldn't overthink that. But I agree with you.

Depends on your size. For skill positions, 22% is horribly fat. The kind of fat that gets you your own thread on CIS. But for OL, I think that's pretty low. I think that's about where you'd want him to be, and even if it's not it's darn close. I'm glad the kid is putting in work, we'll need him this year.

Love the tidbit about Donaldson. Changes a lot for the OL.

He's going to be the biggest mauler we have had in a very long time.

This kid basically drank Linder's milkshake and I love it. Has top 10 draft pick written all over him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pulp-fiction.gif

Advertisement

Well, in 4 wide you have 2 slots, so there's that.

Lot of hype about Dean and I think he will be good. But watch Malek beat him for the starting job. Not an insider and I don't have sources but I have read from people in the know that Dean has been getting roasted on a consistent basis by our WRs. The Cooneys have been hyping this kid like there's no tomorrow.

Yeah, Dean appears to have the ability but he has work to do. TBH, he was dropped by Bama due to a disappointing JC season. At this point, Malek keeps making the BIG play. Some DBs have the instinct to make interceptions and others do not.

Lot of hype about Dean and I think he will be good. But watch Malek beat him for the starting job. Not an insider and I don't have sources but I have read from people in the know that Dean has been getting roasted on a consistent basis by our WRs. The Cooneys have been hyping this kid like there's no tomorrow.

Yeah, Dean appears to have the ability but he has work to do. TBH, he was dropped by Bama due to a disappointing JC season. At this point, Malek keeps making the BIG play. Some DBs have the instinct to make interceptions and others do not.

he didnt start at his jc. I never thought he would walk in and start. I always see him a s a dpepth guy early on. Michael Jackson isnt a bum...i think they like Young at the Nickel type spot.

Advertisement
Back