Barry Jackson latest blog

Advertisement
Guess what fellas.

This is starting to look like the best team we've had in 12 years.

Hyperbole? I don't think so.

Granted, a lot of the talent we have is very young talent, but there's more talent here than I've seen in over a decade for the canes.

This is very true but equally as important is the fact we have the best coaching staff we have had in the last 16 years from top to bottom. It is up to our coaches to mold and motivate that talent. I think we will be in the hunt very soon.

Hard not to be excited after that read, even if it sounds like a fluff piece. Donaldson and Thomas were my favorite recruits last year and they seem like they are ready to go. Not too worried about JJ and Redwine because despite all the experience and ability, Carter and Jenkins never really put it all together.

Donaldson is going to be a ****ing mauler at G. Who knows if he develops into a RT eventually but kid should be elite at G.

With a running QB, I'm perfectly happy if he ends up as an elite guard and never makes it out to RT. Open holes for the running game, and keep the DTs away from our QB giving them time to execute the RPO, and I'm a happy guy.

But where will our production come from at receiver?.... man stfu we got talent everywhere on the offense all you have to do is get the playmakers the ball

I'm interested to see how the QB(s) perform on timing routes.

Everyone talks about arm strength, mobility, etc. and that all matters, and it's great if they can hit the bubbles and the deep ball. But as much heat as Kaaya takes on here, it's easy to take for granted how well he was able to hit Ahmmon on a slant or 12-to-10, or Njoku between the LBs and safety. Though he was off at times, he definitely put the ball on those guys and allowed them to make big plays, e.g. Ahmmon in the bowl game. A lot of those aren't big plays if the timing is off by a split second or if the throw isn't on point.

That's big deal, especially with all the talent we have at WR. I hope between the three options we have at QB that someone can really make the offense go by putting the ball in the right place and at the right time consistently.

Advertisement
When fans were claiming Dean would walk right in and start, I reminded them that Diaz is the DC, and all he ever talks about with DBs is tackling and toughness.

I can't wait to see what a rust-free Rick does with this offense. If he can't make it work with this crew he needs to bring someone in to help.

(Jeff Thomas) Rosier said. “Whenever you see him run, he’s blowing by guys. There was one time this camp where he caught a quick pass, made two guys miss, headed down the sidelines and scored and you're like, ‘Wow, that guy's fast.’ It was a 55-yard touchdown run. Me and coach Richt were like: 'This kid is going to be good.'

lulz.jpg

piggy.jpg jt.jpg

Advertisement
Am I wrong or is 22% body fat for a dude that big a huge deal?

Anyone know how they calculate it? In the military (USMC atleast) they simply take your waist and subtract your neck. I hate that calculation and don't believe it's very accurate. IMO 22% for a dude that big is actually pretty impressive!

Since they don't have thousands of people to measure I'm thinking they go with a more accurate measurement technique. The weight loss would be impressive on its own, but 22% for a guy that size is even more impressive.

But where will our production come from at receiver?.... man stfu we got talent everywhere on the offense all you have to do is get the playmakers the ball

lol who are you talking to?

I'd like to see 3 WR 1 TE Inside Zone Read with RPO as a staple of the offense. So many different plays can be run from that look right there.

Advertisement
Advertisement

lol who are you talking to?

If the shoe fits...

lol wtf
But seriously though, Every year I always question when people have that outlook every year when you have to replace production. It's inevitable and production will always be replaced

When fans were claiming Dean would walk right in and start, I reminded them that Diaz is the DC, and all he ever talks about with DBs is tackling and toughness.

I can't wait to see what a rust-free Rick does with this offense. If he can't make it work with this crew he needs to bring someone in to help.

I really want to see us 4 wide a lot more this year. Get as much speed on the field as possible. Stress the defense at every level with guys that can take it to the house with just a small crease in the defense.

I hope we have enough corners to play more nickel and dime defenses on 3rd down. To many times on 3rd and long we ran base defense because we didn't have enough CB who could play or cover.

I really want to see us 4 wide a lot more this year. Get as much speed on the field as possible. Stress the defense at every level with guys that can take it to the house with just a small crease in the defense.
Probably gonna have no choice considering the TE depth right now

Advertisement
Back