Barry Jackson article on draft prospects....

LMAO

They're solid. Carter is a hitter. I heard about some academic issues with Carter but I talked to him and he’s more than smart enough to play safety in the NFL. He speaks well and enunciates.

This **** drives me crazy. When is the last time a white player was described by how "well spoken" he was?

It's a racially charged joke.

They mock Gronkowski for his "bro ish" behavior all the time.

Advertisement
I hope Yearby makes it but I doubt it.

He will hopefully at least be able to get a pay check in the CFL.

Most import (american) RBs in the CFL are short, shifty, and have long speed. I don't see JY making the cut up here. And I love the kid! But I just don't see him standing out enough for teams to take him.

I actually agree with this. Canadian football is a different game, not just NFL Lite. I don't know if Yearby is built for it.

Rooting for Joe harder then anybody else we have coming out. God Bless him & nothing but luck to him. Elite feet. Great pass catcher. Will make a roster.

Doubt this clown has seen any of our guys play. With the exception of speed, Yearby checks all the boxes for a RB...can block,run, & catch.

And He says Elder's too small, but Tracy Howard's in the league as a Safety.

Clown.

Advertisement
Yearby has his reasons of coming out early but he should have stayed in school especially with all this rb talent in the draft this year

Leave it to you to side with some pos scout throwing canes under the bus with the media.

Stick to pimping how great state of Georgia athletes are.

Shut up.. everyone doesn't have lie. Yearby is not a pro back.. Now if don't agree with that then we will find out over the next few months.

Barry Jackson used to be good with sh*t like this but he has been getting progressively worse especially in the last year.
Some of this is complete bullsh*t.... alquadin Muhammad had a Very good proday. Jenkins , carter and grace all performed well too

LMAO

They're solid. Carter is a hitter. I heard about some academic issues with Carter but I talked to him and he’s more than smart enough to play safety in the NFL. He speaks well and enunciates.

WTF. Who gives a **** if he speaks well and enunciates. Can he play football? This scout may be credible but he lost me with that comment.

Don't see why everybody is so upset. Yearby wasn't in a good situation but Duke is a backup. Yearby wasn't close to him and he's not gonna make it.

Advertisement
Yearby has his reasons of coming out early but he should have stayed in school especially with all this rb talent in the draft this year

Leave it to you to side with some pos scout throwing canes under the bus with the media.

Stick to pimping how great state of Georgia athletes are.

Shut up.. everyone doesn't have lie. Yearby is not a pro back.. Now if don't agree with that then we will find out over the next few months.

LOL. Sorry if I offended your message board boyfriend

**** outta here. I don't hate on this coaching staff but taking away carries from Yearby to give it to that running back who runs like a ballerina was a huge mistake and definitely hurt the man's stock. I loved Mike James at the U but if he could get on a practice squad so can Joe.
He also said Coley has an "attitude issue" --- based on what
?

I hope yearby makes it, of course, but mike james was tougher, stronger, more intelligent, more mature, and more versatile than yearby ... you compare NFL scouting reports between the two, and it's no comparison.

and coley? other than the fact he's 50% knucklehead, have no idea why anyone would say he has an "attitude issue."

Last edited:
LMAO

This **** drives me crazy. When is the last time a white player was described by how "well spoken" he was?

Christian McCaffrey ... but I get your point. if the scout thinks he's an intelligent player, then he should just say so and leave it at that.

Don't see why everybody is so upset. Yearby wasn't in a good situation but Duke is a backup. Yearby wasn't close to him and he's not gonna make it.

THIS!

If Duke is a back-up in the NFL, Yearby doesn't have a place.

People keep trying to compare him to small backs ... But those small backs that make it in the NFL have SPEED. That's not Yearby's game.

The kid maxed out in high school. Elite high school player, but he was an average college back. Definitely should have stayed in school, because the NFL is not going to be his landing spot.

For all of you, "he had family issues" folks ... Declaring for the draft doesn't fix those issues. He's not promised a check.

And for the "why go back to school" crowd:

- Had he stayed in school, he would have demonstrated good decision making skills. NFL loves guys that can make good decisions. Now, they think he's a small, slow, RB, who doesn't make good decisions. Next year, they'd think he's a small. slow, RB ... With a degree, and a team-first mentality.

- Had he stayed in school, he could have put a ton of special teams footage on tape. He'll need to make a roster as a special teams player. Even if Walton doesn't get any better as a college RB, he'll make an NFL roster because he's a special teams demon.

- If he stayed in school, he could have been the primary back-up to Walton, and proven his worth as a "good roster guy". Team-first guy. And 1 injury away from being the feature back.

- Had he stayed in school, he could have finished his degree. That would be a message to his children, and put him in position to join a college coaching staff. Dallas Crawford has already started his coaching career.

Yearby may get an invite to a camp ... Agents can usually make that happen for their clients. But I doubt he gets any guaranteed money, and I doubt he will last very long in camp.

As has been mentioned, he'd need to go to a team that has an unprecedented number of injuries to the running backs on their roster to make any money in the NFL.

Advertisement
Lots of people triggered in here. Lots of orange and greens shades on when it comes to our players as well.

There was nothing wrong with anything the guy said about any of the prospects. he gave an honest assessment about the things that are evaluated during the evaluating process. If you don't believe enunciating and speaking well has something to do with intelligence then i don't know what to tell you. I bet people complaining on this thread also said that Jamal Carter has no instincts and is stupid. This guy was giving him a compliment and dispelling a false-hood about Mr. carter, albeit a backhanded one. Brad doesn't have the personality to take a team down on a late game winning drive. I mean isn't that all of our complaints about Brad? What we can say it, but they cant'?

This is the real world boys and girls, don't be so sensitive

ditto.

Yearby has a family. He needed to get his hands on his NFL millions a year early. If you leave early you get paid. It's that simple.

Advertisement
LMAO

Christian McCaffrey ... but I get your point. if the scout thinks he's an intelligent player, then he should just say so and leave it at that.

Not even that. It's like the bar is set so low for blacks that whenever a kid doesn't say "uga buga" every other words, folks are like "wow, he's so well spoken. Very articulate" yadda yadda

Annoying as ****

Not sure why people are busting on Ol' Barry J in this thread though. He's one of the taller midgets that we have covering this team. Assuming he's not fabricating his source here (which I wouldn't put past some other clowns we have floating around the Canes), he's only passing on what one scout is saying. He's not responsible for the content or the quality of the guy's opinion.

I will wager that most of these players are going to make a NFL roster. A lot of that was straight bs. I've seen players drafted today that I see our players are just as good as. Hopefully the Canes hate will be over soon.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back