Barrow to Auburn??

What's the problem here? Coaches leave for other jobs all the time. Especially when they are being offered a significant raise.

Advertisement
Hurlie at LB is not the problem, the problem is every other coach on defense. No one answered my question about who he developed? Spence, Futch, Buchanon, etc all were top recruits too. did **** here under shannon and golden except spence who just had great instincts. Kirby was a 4 star who was lost for 2 years and improved greatly under Brown. Didnt Amrbrister look completely different this year? come on man lets be real.

As a legendary Cane linebacker, he couldn't stand to watch Miami play this passive bull**** that Golden and Dorito call defense

So Hurlie gets credit for the LB play this year when he took over a few weeks before the season started?

Has nothing to do with the fact Tyrone Cornelius and James Gaines left. That Denzel was moved to the correct position....and that more talented guys like Grace were available?

NYCane....come on man.

I am happy with Hurlie at LB. Sorry but who did Barrow develop? our scheme sucks but you saw alot of improvement this year. Barrow didnt develop guys under shannon either.

So Hurlie gets credit for the LB play this year when he took over a few weeks before the season started?

Has nothing to do with the fact Tyrone Cornelius and James Gaines left. That Denzel was moved to the correct position....and that more talented guys like Grace were available?

NYCane....come on man.

I am happy with Hurlie at LB. Sorry but who did Barrow develop? our scheme sucks but you saw alot of improvement this year. Barrow didnt develop guys under shannon either.

if he was a such a great recruiter than he would have had better Lb's than Cornelius and Gaines. Come on. I loved him as a player but the program didnt fall apart because he left. it fell apart because of bigger factors.

Advertisement
barrow is a canes legend but he was replaced by a cane in hurlie brown. lets keep it real. Barrow isn't a great coach. we missed out on a ton of linebackers so dont tell me he was a recruiting god. moreover, it was apparent to me the way denzel was creating turnovers this year and how much armbrister and kirby improved, hurlie is a better coach.
what you smoking barrow was a great coach. He was one of the few coaches that understood south florida recruiting.

Yea outside of Perryman our linebackers isn't anything to brag about. Armbrister improved but he was only decent. I don't recall him making any plays towards the 2nd half of the year. Perryman...

If he goes to Auburn so what, good for him... these guys aint goin to be Miami coaches their whole careers regardless of any circumstances... his mother was sick he left and now he returns if true... i just wanna freakin win at the U.... Go Canes

LULZ at the sick mother angle. The rap when he left was when his mom recovered he would be welcome back at UM.

He would be welcomed back, but doesn't mean he was goin to come back... plus Auburn probably goin to pay him close to 1 million dollars.... ill take the money too

Even Auburn ain't payin' a positions coach $1 mil per.

Losing Barrow to Auburn will be a much larger blow than Corch Radio at UF. Barrow was consistently one of UM's top recruiters.

He was here under shannon.
2008-Futch (4 star) Marcus Robinson (4 star) Arthur Brown (4 star who went on to be a star at KSU)
in 2009- we didnt sign one LB.
2010- we signed travis williams (who didnt last and was a 4 star) Kevin Nelson (3 star didnt last)
then kelvin cain, ty cornelius and jimmy gaines
2011-Denzel, Gionni paul and Eddie johnson
2012-Witt Kirby (4 star who didnt do anything until this year) and Jawand Blue (3 star never did squat)
2013-Jermaine Grace, Figs (who's claim to fame before the rape was almost knocking himself out in UF game
and one spring practice hit on Duke.)

This is great recruiting and coaching? Come on. lets be real. i dont care about him dancing on the field in practice.
If we are going to say a great ex-cane like Randy Shannon sucked, well i will say barrow was overrated. he
didnt lock anyone down in South Florida. Grace when eh signed said "My grandma loves coach golden"

Advertisement
If he goes to Auburn so what, good for him... these guys aint goin to be Miami coaches their whole careers regardless of any circumstances... his mother was sick he left and now he returns if true... i just wanna freakin win at the U.... Go Canes

LULZ at the sick mother angle. The rap when he left was when his mom recovered he would be welcome back at UM.

He would be welcomed back, but doesn't mean he was goin to come back... plus Auburn probably goin to pay him close to 1 million dollars.... ill take the money too

So he left on great terms only to take care of his mom, but he's going to go 1000 miles away from her now instead of come back to UM? Is she fully recovered now?

And there ain't no-one paying a position coach a mill a year. Not even close.

barrow is a canes legend but he was replaced by a cane in hurlie brown. lets keep it real. Barrow isn't a great coach. we missed out on a ton of linebackers so dont tell me he was a recruiting god. moreover, it was apparent to me the way denzel was creating turnovers this year and how much armbrister and kirby improved, hurlie is a better coach.
what you smoking barrow was a great coach. He was one of the few coaches that understood south florida recruiting.

Yea outside of Perryman our linebackers isn't anything to brag about. Armbrister improved but he was only decent. I don't recall him making any plays towards the 2nd half of the year. Perryman...

Agreed. But Armbrister doesn't start if Paul or Johnson or Figueroa don't get thrown out of school. I think Owens and Young will be good players.

Advertisement
barrow didnt lock down anything in south florida. mario has and will do more damage at Bama. Same as strong at texas. T-rob will get more kids.

barrow didnt lock down anything in south florida. mario has and will do more damage at Bama. Same as strong at texas. T-rob will get more kids.

Why are you knocking Barrow?

Barrow joined the Miami staff in 2007 as linebackers coach and special teams coordinator. He quickly established a reputation as one of the game’s top recruiters.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Former-Miami-All-American-is-Auburn-candidate-34588629

As has been stated ... This team has lost several linebackers who would have likely relegated Grace and Armbrister to more reserve roles.

Who developed Eddie Johnson during his RS year? Who prepared Alex Figueroa to see early game action?

And how to you credit Hurley Brown for the development of this year's LBs?!?

What's more likely?

Option A: Hurley Brown taught a position he did't play or coach better than a guy who played the position in the NFL, and has coached it since 2007.
or
Option B: Golden fired Barrow, hired Hurley to coach a position he was unfamiliar with ... So, Coach D taught the LBs what he wants ... It's a scheme he actually believes in ... So, Coach D taught it better than Barrow did.

Advertisement

Why are you knocking Barrow?

Barrow joined the Miami staff in 2007 as linebackers coach and special teams coordinator. He quickly established a reputation as one of the game’s top recruiters.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Former-Miami-All-American-is-Auburn-candidate-34588629

As has been stated ... This team has lost several linebackers who would have likely relegated Grace and Armbrister to more reserve roles.

Who developed Eddie Johnson during his RS year? Who prepared Alex Figueroa to see early game action?

And how to you credit Hurley Brown for the development of this year's LBs?!?

What's more likely?

Option A: Hurley Brown taught a position he did't play or coach better than a guy who played the position in the NFL, and has coached it since 2007.
or
Option B: Golden fired Barrow, hired Hurley to coach a position he was unfamiliar with ... So, Coach D taught the LBs what he wants ... It's a scheme he actually believes in ... So, Coach D taught it better than Barrow did.

i just felt under either staff, he never blew me away. i dont get the panic

As I've said before Golden and Dorito did not want perryman. Barrow had to slap his hands on the table to emphasize how much a good player he was going to be. Of course now Golden and Dorito take the credit for Perryman but without Barrow he wouldn't be here. I'm sure barrow was pushing to offer Skai moore too but Golden and Dorito had other players. Barrow also recruited young and owens who are both promising players.

btw, i rather currently have barrow at LB coach and Hurlie at DB coach than this clown williams.

Advertisement
Back