Barrow to Auburn??

Barrow knew this dude was a joke, and wanted NO part of it or bringing in kids on a false premise! But ,,,, we got Al and Doritos so nobody talk bad about him

Advertisement
If he goes to Auburn so what, good for him... these guys aint goin to be Miami coaches their whole careers regardless of any circumstances... his mother was sick he left and now he returns if true... i just wanna freakin win at the U.... Go Canes

LULZ at the sick mother angle. The rap when he left was when his mom recovered he would be welcome back at UM.

He would be welcomed back, but doesn't mean he was goin to come back... plus Auburn probably goin to pay him close to 1 million dollars.... ill take the money too

If Barrow takes that job and you don't see this for what it is I don't know that you can be helped. I bought the mother is sick angle at one time too. That story by itself might be believable. It isn't just one story. They've spun everything. They aren't a football program. They're a PR firm.

barrow is a canes legend but he was replaced by a cane in hurlie brown. lets keep it real. Barrow isn't a great coach. we missed out on a ton of linebackers so dont tell me he was a recruiting god. moreover, it was apparent to me the way denzel was creating turnovers this year and how much armbrister and kirby improved, hurlie is a better coach.

If he goes to Auburn so what, good for him... these guys aint goin to be Miami coaches their whole careers regardless of any circumstances... his mother was sick he left and now he returns if true... i just wanna freakin win at the U.... Go Canes

LULZ at the sick mother angle. The rap when he left was when his mom recovered he would be welcome back at UM.

He would be welcomed back, but doesn't mean he was goin to come back... plus Auburn probably goin to pay him close to 1 million dollars.... ill take the money too

You can pretty much be assure he won't be paid anywhere close to that as a position coach.

If Mike gets back into coaching, then he needs to move if he is ambitious. What hurt Art the most was he had a very narrow circle because he stayed at Miami so long. Ed brought him to Ole Miss but after Ed got canned he had limited options. That's the problem Randy had as well. He had a very small circle. It was a good move to go to TCU then Arkansas and now Florida. After this job, if he is successful, he'll probably get an offer to be a DC again.

Advertisement
barrow is a canes legend but he was replaced by a cane in hurlie brown. lets keep it real. Barrow isn't a great coach. we missed out on a ton of linebackers so dont tell me he was a recruiting god. moreover, it was apparent to me the way denzel was creating turnovers this year and how much armbrister and kirby improved, hurlie is a better coach.
what you smoking barrow was a great coach. He was one of the few coaches that understood south florida recruiting.

Advertisement

I agree. There are former players all over college football coaching at schools they didn't play for, grow up and grow a pair. Plus, Miami will never compete with a state school in-terms of pay, period! Nothing new, it's always been this way. The only real draw Miami has to offer coaches, at any level, is the "Introduction to the Athletes in The State of Miami." This is perceived as value and as we all know, it is.

Coaches move around all the time. The sky is always falling for the whiners.

Yeah. The issue isn't that he moved around. The issue is that Golden forced out a Canes legend because he didn't participate in the toxic group think...spearheaded by MArk ******* D'Onofrio....that has resulted in our perpetual state of mediocrity.

So, **** off.

what you smoking barrow was a great coach. He was one of the few coaches that understood south florida recruiting.

Really? how many top south florida kids did he close? Grace came because of golden. Listne, i love barrow but i would be more upset if it was Ice or Kehoe that left.

also who did he develop? our 2008 class was loaded with top recruits only spence who basically did it off of instinct performer well. how come Kirby didnt play well until he was gone? Armbrister got to another level. I love barrow as a player but i felt he was overrated as a coach.

Advertisement
Amazes me there are people who openly support Al. I'd be willing to be they are the ones that preach turn the other cheek when slapped. Borrow like any self respecting coach should step away from being part of a Idiot lead team. The remaining staffers coaching reputations will be forever diminished by being a coach on Al's staff.

Really? how many top south florida kids did he close? Grace came because of golden. Listne, i love barrow but i would be more upset if it was Ice or Kehoe that left.

Barrow was the recruiter for Grace so we're just gonna pretend that his position coach and lead recruiter didn't play a part in him coming? We have one true LB recruit in this class. Perry. A guy Barrow locked in a long time ago. Since Barrow left we haven't had one commit for 2015.

We've had one LB commit to the school since he left. McCloud who is part of the '16 class

Last edited:
i can't stand golden. i am not defending him but didnt grace when he announced specifically mentioned golden. We haven't locked down top South Florida LB's for years. nor did we develop the ones we had.

Advertisement
Lemme get this straight.

Barrow resigns abruptly right before season in August. We move Hurlie Brown to LB coach. Rumors are that he wants to care for his sick mother. Other rumors are that it's a disagreement or even worse with Dnofrio.

Now, he is heading to Auburn 5 months later leaving mom behind? Also, that this wasn't an opportunity to get rid of Paul Williams, move Hurlie to DB coach and bring Barrow back?

I'm convinced Golden is a sociopath who can't deal with criticism. We are in big trouble.

I am happy with Hurlie at LB. Sorry but who did Barrow develop? our scheme sucks but you saw alot of improvement this year. Barrow didnt develop guys under shannon either.

I can't believe nycane just said that issh... Just went to the Auburn board and they claim he's bringing three linebackers that are in espns top 150... Dammit mane that was fast..

Advertisement
Back