Banda to Utah St?

What happened was simple in retrospect. When Manny got here, he had some stronger pieces at certain positions (DT and LB) that hid his scheme short comings. As other ACC teams figured it out, talent went down and he ran out of some excuses (e.g. the offense)
Or more simple the offense was so bad the defense looked good

Advertisement
Advertisement
Banda will give Jake Swalley the DL coach job. I doubt anyone else leaves willingly.

Starting to feel pretty confident that Stroud will be done due to health concerns & Rumph will be fired. I'm skeptical that Baker gets fired. I think we fill our staff with a DB coach and a DL coach and one of them will be "Co-DC" and that still leaves a spot open to do Safeties/CBs or DTs/DEs or bring in true ST coach. Gives us some flexibility.

Hellllllll Nooooo to Jake Swalley.
F that bring Kevin Patrick home to coach Dline. It will solidify the unit and be huge for landing recruits from the 2022 class.

Go Canes

Scale 1-10 how ****ed will everyone be if this all results in a Banda raise and potentially replacing baker?

Sure, I'll explain --

Hes been here going on 6 seasons and he regularly loses recruiting battles. Hes done well these past two seasons, which I'm happy for, but the misses are glaring and noteworthy. I'm not going to just forget the Jobes and Sherwoods and Stevensons. Our Safety depth sucks as does the development. None of the big boys respect or fear Banda as a recruiter.

Gun to your head --Theres a Safety recruit in our backyard who UF or Bama or LSU really wants. Banda is our primary on him. Who you betting on to win that battle?

He got his clock cleaned by the Zoe up in Nebraska last cycle as well.

We can do better.
You do know UF, BAMA and everyone else wanted James Williams, Tae Williams, and Kam Kichens...gun to your head ya sh*t just got blown off.

Our safety room isnt lacking in numbers or talent currently. Thats his joba nd hes done it ..regardless of all the misses you seem to like to harp on also while downplaying the wins because you dont like dude. He is a good recruiter. Point blank period. Best on our current staff.

Not saying he cant be replaced because everyone is..bu you seem to down play him alot.

Hellllllll Nooooo to Jake Swalley.
F that bring Kevin Patrick home to coach Dline. It will solidify the unit and be huge for landing recruits from the 2022 class.

Go Canes
I meant Banda would take Swalley to USU

Advertisement
Cribby and ny hinting around things but not saying anything definitive. Is this a real thing or a made up story?

Scale 1-10 how ****ed will everyone be if this all results in a Banda raise and potentially replacing baker?

65092317-BDA1-49DE-A327-E822B0C6C7A5.gif

Advertisement
There's 3 potential things happening here - 1 Which is good, the other 2 bad

Good -

1. Manny has told the defensive staff he's bringing in a new DC and he will choose the defensive staff, so he's helping Banda (our most qualified Defensive coach and buddy) get a DC gig. If this is the case, I don't care about losing the recruiting of Banda, cause it means Manny is making the right move

Bad -

2. Banda just wants to explore his options for the next step in his career, and he knows now is probably the best time, before Manny keeps all the amateurs on Defense and we suck next year. Now is the best time to sell himself coming off his best recruiting accolades as a Safety coach. Would mean we'd lose our best recruiter and Manny isn't making any changes.

3. Banda knows Baker is gone, and is using this as leverage to get promoted to DC here. Which would suck cause that means Manny will just keep amateur hour on defense

So lets hope for scenario #1
Or he just got a promotion to DC from S coach.

Patke started his career at Incarnate World with Banda maybe there is some loyalty + a raise
LOL at a raise. If Patke leaves UM to be a position coach at Utah State, then you will know for absolute certain that Manure is firing the D staff. There's no possible way a UM position coach would voluntarily leave to Utah State to be a position coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back