Banda to Utah St?

Correct....i was never happy how Manny was hired.
When he was first hired, I was cautiously optimistic. I thought, "Well, the D improved under him, so maybe all he has to do is hire a decent OC and things will be alright." Then he hired Dan Enos. Then the season happened. There's just too much learning on the job for my liking. Everything he does is political and for optics.

I'm still hoping he improves, but to my eyes I see a guy that is all talk. I see a spoiled rotten rich kid that can go buy the toys he wants, then realizes they don't make him happy so he goes and buys more. When he fails, again, he will ask for another new thing to fix the problem. I don't see a winner. What I see is a wannabe big time coach. Guys like him that never had to deal with having nothing don't know what it takes to get something to keep from going hungry. He doesn't KNOW what it's like to be hungry for anything, because he always got what he wanted.

Advertisement
When he was first hired, I was cautiously optimistic. I thought, "Well, the D improved under him, so maybe all he has to do is hire a decent OC and things will be alright." Then he hired Dan Enos. Then the season happened. There's just too much learning on the job for my liking. Everything he does is political and for optics.

I'm still hoping he improves, but to my eyes I see a guy that is all talk. I see a spoiled rotten rich kid that can go buy the toys he wants, then realizes they don't make him happy so he goes and buys more. When he fails, again, he will ask for another new thing to fix the problem. I don't see a winner. What I see is a wannabe big time coach. Guys like him that never had to deal with having nothing don't know what it takes to get something to keep from going hungry. He doesn't KNOW what it's like to be hungry for anything, because he always got what he wanted.

Thats a good analysis... the one thing ill add is at least he is gonna go down swinging and trying to make thr changes necessary unlike his previous predecessors.

Hes going into year 3 of a 5 year deal... thankfully we havent extended his contract prematurely. The roster has improved and he has definitely tried to get creative in that aspect so if we were to fire him after a subpar season next year at least the new coach will have talent to work with.

IMO anything less than playing for an ACC Championship next season will be a failure. Theres no excuses now...

Advertisement
Back