Banda to the Browns

And they said he was trash here when he was the one bringing in the names. Never understood the hate when he was out there working every **** cycle. If u out there bringing in the dogs for UM u will always be good with me.
His pedigree. He had an unconventional road to get to where he is now. He wasn't a touted hs recruit, an all american player, nor a person who was a grad assistant under a legendary regime. Nah, cuz was a dude that wanted "it" and got it out the mud, sweat blood and tears. Was a great recruiter and great coach. He just didn't "look" the part or have the "resume". He didn't have **** to hide behind but his work. I admire that. No ties just work. We'd be lucky to have him again if he ever wanted to come back to he college ranks. Change his whole family's fortune. Hats off to that man. Respect in the utmost. Raise a glass to the man Banda.

Advertisement
Look, I get that not everyone on the board knows what the players and other coaches think, but Banda was absolutely NOT "exceptional as a position coach". That is just some ridiculous bull****.

Banda was a good recruiter, though most of his recruits didn't pan out. But he was not exceptional in his on-field coaching. That's just reality. Ask people who know, and don't google "Miami Hurricanes drafted by the NFL".

Tell me all the great players that Banda recruited and developed. Did he coach a couple of guys brought in by the prior staff? Sure. But his record of development of his own talent is not great.

Facts.

I mean, I can't say I don't agree.

I never graded Banda on how many draft picks he produced, more so his character and how his players believed in him.

And you can imagine how hard it is to play safety in Manny's defense. They had to cover the flats and the 15 yard hook at the same time.

I guess what I mean to say is he was relatively good.

Last edited:
I mean I may be wrong but I feel like he’s more suited for the college game. He can “guide” these student athletes in the right direction and help them grow as men. And even teach them alittle on the field. But teaching grown men who are the best and have “made it” I think they will see thru his bs and lack of real knowledge. Hope I’m wrong in my assumption. I just think college is where he belongs,

His pedigree. He had an unconventional road to get to where he is now. He wasn't a touted hs recruit, an all american player, nor a person who was a grad assistant under a legendary regime. Nah, cuz was a dude that wanted "it" and got it out the mud, sweat blood and tears. Was a great recruiter and great coach. He just didn't "look" the part or have the "resume". He didn't have **** to hide behind but his work. I admire that. No ties just work. We'd be lucky to have him again if he ever wanted to come back to he college ranks. Change his whole family's fortune. Hats off to that man. Respect in the utmost. Raise a glass to the man Banda.
Huh... I'm confused. Maybe I just never understood what getting it out the mud meant all these years. OR maybe you don't know bandas previous stops. You know bandas previous employers before us? Miss st & Texas... U know the strange coincidence of who else was on those staffs at the same exact moments and time as his from beginning to end? That would be a certain used car salesman. Like I said y'all get mad with alfraud for dnofrio & cmr for lil Johnny. Banda was Mandy's dnofrio or lil Johnny. He just had his deficiencies hid behind the strengths of Mandy's defense. The strength of Mandy's unit has always been edges and safeties that thrive in Mandy's units & then go butt soon as they're in another system. Much like Urban's qbs were his strength in college then the qbs themselves expose how *** they are at the next level with even basic game knowledge. I'm glad he's able to carve out a niche for himself and he's able to take care of his family. Just annoys me how everyone ***** on someone who is family to me in Mike who actually did the majority of the leg work for banda that he gets credit for. He was a recruiter and a decent one at best. Nothing more.

Advertisement
People get really confused with that. Especially when you bring an attacking style of play into a conference that's never seen that level of aggression.

You know why that’s the only chit they can focus on?

B/c Utah St was:

-105th in scoring defense (2022) as opposed to 48th (2021)

-64th in sacks (2022) as opposed to 60th (2021)

-83rd in Total Def (2022) as opposed to 77th (2021)

-121st in TO Margin (2022) as opposed to 60th (2021)

-68th in TO Gained (2022) as opposed to 10th (2021)

-94th in 3rd Down Def (2022) as opposed to 28th (2021)

-93rd in 4th Down Def (2022) as opposed to 1st (2021)

-129th in RZ Def (2022) as opposed to 49th (2021)

-113th in Rushing Def (2022) as opposed to 84th (2021)

-76th in Efficiency Pass Def (2022) as opposed to 62nd (2021)

-11th in TFLs (2022) as opposed to 6th (2021)

Brother, he is a mirror image of his mentor. Utah St took a huge step back in most defensive statistical categories from year 1 to year 2. The only two categories they improved in were 1st down defense & total passing yards allowed.

So the only line item they could highlight was TFLs. This is not hate, only facts. This included Utah State adding several P5 transfers to their defense last recruiting cycle.

Anyways, if anyone thinks someone is hating on Banda b/c of his ethnicity, that’s waaaaay outta bounds. I just hate the romanizing & revisionist history this board tends to do when marginal success happens w/ a former player or personnel here.

You know why that’s the only chit they can focus on?

B/c Utah St was:

-105th in scoring defense (2022) as opposed to 48th (2021)

-64th in sacks (2022) as opposed to 60th (2021)

-83rd in Total Def (2022) as opposed to 77th (2021)

-121st in TO Margin (2022) as opposed to 60th (2021)

-68th in TO Gained (2022) as opposed to 10th (2021)

-94th in 3rd Down Def (2022) as opposed to 28th (2021)

-93rd in 4th Down Def (2022) as opposed to 1st (2021)

-129th in RZ Def (2022) as opposed to 49th (2021)

-113th in Rushing Def (2022) as opposed to 84th (2021)

-76th in Efficiency Pass Def (2022) as opposed to 62nd (2021)

-11th in TFLs (2022) as opposed to 6th (2021)

Brother, he is a mirror image of his mentor. Utah St took a huge step back in most defensive statistical categories from year 1 to year 2. The only two categories they improved in were 1st down defense & total passing yards allowed.

So the only line item they could highlight was TFLs. This is not hate, only facts. This included Utah State adding several P5 transfers to their defense last recruiting cycle.

Anyways, if anyone thinks someone is hating on Banda b/c of his ethnicity, that’s waaaaay outta bounds. I just hate the romanizing & revisionist history this board tends to do when marginal success happens w/ a former player or personnel here.
I didn't even know all that. Good lord that's a steaming hot plate of basura!!! For me that simply confirms everything I knew about him. Same way you'd always see these dudes saying players loved Mandy too. Reality is no one respected either of them. Kids in his own unit would go to rumph for advice and coaching. What else is there to say but that. It ain't hate. It's reality.

people suck GIF by CL

Advertisement
Huh... I'm confused. Maybe I just never understood what getting it out the mud meant all these years. OR maybe you don't know bandas previous stops. You know bandas previous employers before us? Miss st & Texas... U know the strange coincidence of who else was on those staffs at the same exact moments and time as his from beginning to end? That would be a certain used car salesman. Like I said y'all get mad with alfraud for dnofrio & cmr for lil Johnny. Banda was Mandy's dnofrio or lil Johnny. He just had his deficiencies hid behind the strengths of Mandy's defense. The strength of Mandy's unit has always been edges and safeties that thrive in Mandy's units & then go butt soon as they're in another system. Much like Urban's qbs were his strength in college then the qbs themselves expose how *** they are at the next level with even basic game knowledge. I'm glad he's able to carve out a niche for himself and he's able to take care of his family. Just annoys me how everyone ***** on someone who is family to me in Mike who actually did the majority of the leg work for banda that he gets credit for. He was a recruiter and a decent one at best. Nothing more.
I'm referring to Banda being a 25 year old CFB player at University of Incarnate while supporting himself as a "Bartender" out the mud, out the mud. Padawan, understanding come from experience. "Never experienced you have, understand, never you may" ~YoPWonDaShinobiSon.

I'm referring to Banda being a 25 year old CFB player at University of Incarnate while supporting himself as a "Bartender" out the mud, out the mud. Padawan, understanding come from experience. "Never experienced you have, understand, never you may" ~YoPWonDaShinobiSon.
Ahhh. Okay so ur saying him playing at that spot was him getting it out the mud which did nothing for him beyond a cheap education and a job as a bartender in the middle of nowhere opposed to making millions from his buddy the salesman. For me that's getting it out the mud. What would I know. I just came from living on the streets with my brothers and old girl to being a all American multiple times in high school and college to a pro bowler and making a pretty good living for myself and my family after 3 contracts in the NFL. What would I know about getting it from the mud.

Ahhh. Okay so ur saying him playing at that spot was him getting it out the mud which did nothing for him beyond a cheap education and a job as a bartender in the middle of nowhere opposed to making millions from his buddy the salesman. For me that's getting it out the mud. What would I know. I just came from living on the streets with my brothers and old girl to being a all American multiple times in high school and college to a pro bowler and making a pretty good living for myself and my family after 3 contracts in the NFL. What would I know about getting it from the mud.
Nah son, it’s over. I killed you. My **** was gold. Can’t respond to that with regular words. You’ve have to go to an astral plane to get that kinda ether.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back