Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Exactly if you think Banda is the right guy as DC yet you want to have coDC why not make Simpson the coDC?? Simpson is a successful veteran HC with tons of connections in the 2nd biggest state we recruit. You could’ve made Patke the LB coach.

Patke already was the LB coach.

Advertisement
Far out that national search was extensive...

I'd be fine if this was the CONCLUSION Ricght reached not the f*cking start of the process.

We have one of those senile old dudes in charge of our program who won't work or associate with anyone he dosn't know.

Advertisement
I'm crushed. Fcking crushed.

I wasn't sold on the idea that we'd hire a great DC, but wha? Richt didn't even try. I don't know what to say. I know I keep talking, but I'm speechless. Richt didn't even try. I'm not one for those stupid theories about how Rich doesn't care, but I just can't figure this out anymore. He made mistakes during the season, but I could see what he was thinking. This? He truly thinks that, unlike every other program in the country, he's already go everything he needs. Even saban hires new people, and that dude's got everything. And now we've got the second HC in a row who is absolutely positive there's not a single thing that needs fixing. Nothing at all can be improved with new blood.

I just can't even anymore.

It’s inexplicable unless you regularly gargle Richt’s nuts in your mouth...for those folks it’s obviously brilliant.

My initial reaction was massive anger but now that I’ve thought about it it’s not the absolute worst thing in the world.

I still would’ve preferred to bring in someone but it’s basically going to be the same exact system with the only difference being the playcaller.

And the real big thing is it opens up a coaching spot.

If that spot is used for the offensive side, this is fine with me.

If not, it’s a bad move.
We better end the recruiting cycle on a positive note and actual fill that vacancy ... I mean ffs I’ll even take a special teams coach for the spot if nothing happens.

If none of that happens this should be fireable in itself

2k3wm3.jpg

Advertisement
I can see where your coming from, but if you think manny comes up with adjustments ideas and game planning by himself, then your mistaking. Manny was the head and made the final decisions but its not like he came up with every adjustment, and game planning idea. Who is in the booth telling Manny all those holes in the defense that the offense is exploiting, Im pretty sure its Banda.

Banda was never in the booth. He was always next to Manny on the sidelines high five’ing and pumping up players

The defensive staff, for better or worse in the wake of Diaz' departure, is now clearly settled. This was resolved in 48 hours in lieu of an actual national search. So now what's the excuse for those who defend everything as to why the offensive staff remains completely in tact nearly a month after the season ended?

The attempted talking point about continuity's importance in recruiting doesn't apply to Richt's son as he's not responsible for anyone committed in either the 2019 or 2020 class. Demoting or firing him wouldn't affect recruiting whatsoever.

Waiting until after the bowl game to hire an OC makes zero sense to anyone paying attention. Why would we blatantly stall while widely coveted candidates like Kingsbury, Dillingham, and likely Briles will have already been scooped up if Richt was even remotely serious about overhauling the offense?

If you're still holding out hope for a new OC installing a brand new offense, ask yourself this. Is it more likely that Richt keeps waiting in the midst of countless, rapid fire decommitments because he has an eventual splash hire in his back pocket, or will he merely hire a "yes man" who makes Jon Richt somehow seem qualified by comparison?

Advertisement
On the bright side "if" this helps to salvage this class and then turns out to be a bust then the next head coach will have some talent to work with

So the “national search” consisted of Richt looking around the room and asking for volunteers. What the **** did Patke accomplish to warrant a promotion to DC? And while Banda seems like a nice enough dude, he’s never been anything more than a position coach. Horrible reactionary move. You don't make hires to save recruiting.

Advertisement
The defensive staff, for better or worse in the wake of Diaz' departure, is now clearly settled. This was resolved in 48 hours in lieu of an actual national search. So now what's the excuse for those who defend everything as to why the offensive staff remains completely in tact nearly a month after the season ended?

The attempted talking point about continuity's importance in recruiting doesn't apply to Richt's son as he's not responsible for anyone committed in either the 2019 or 2020 class. Demoting or firing him wouldn't affect recruiting whatsoever.

Waiting until after the bowl game to hire an OC makes zero sense to anyone paying attention. Why would we blatantly stall while widely coveted candidates like Kingsbury, Dillingham, and likely Briles will have already been scooped up if Richt was even remotely serious about overhauling the offense?

If you're still holding out hope for a new OC installing a brand new offense, ask yourself this. Is it more likely that Richt keeps waiting in the midst of countless, rapid fire decommitments because he has an eventual splash hire in his back pocket, or will he merely hire a "yes man" who makes Jon Richt somehow seem qualified by comparison?
Richt can't be that stupid to sit pat with no offense changes! He knows he will not have the same luxury next year waiting to get bailed out by Diaz. if he makes no changes then he is the ****** that we all knew he was! he might as well slit his wrist now and get it over with.

Advertisement
Back