Banda on Hurricane Hotline last night (Monday)

Advertisement
I’m fine with the move and think that Banda and Patke are up and coming coaches, but if Richt doesn’t hire an OC and new OL coach this move is a head scratcher

This.

Hire an OC. Get rid of dip**** Jon. Demote Thomas “too many cancers” Brown or fire him.

For example.
OC. Jeff Scott
QB. Kenneth Dorsey
RB. Marcus Lattimore

Oh look we can hire a veteran LB coach to help our young coDCs out!!!!

/ Jon can be a quality control coordinator or whatever

OR GET THE **** OUT

Jon can coach ST or whatever

ST is not something that you just give to a coach and hope for the best. They did that with Hartley and it looked like s-hit. Jon shouldn't have any football related responsibilities other than being maybe an equipment manager.

ST is not something that you just give to a coach and hope for the best. They did that with Hartley and it looked like s-hit. Jon shouldn't have any football related responsibilities other than being maybe an equipment manager.

You’re right. Edited

Neither Banda or Patke would get a DC job at any other P5 program in 2018.
this thread is going to great if the defense continues to play well. manny diaz wasn't exactly a hot commodity when we hired him. he was texas version of mark d'onoffrio. i see no reason why this tandem can't be successful. maybe even more successful than diaz.

Advertisement
Don’t even care to listen. Richt could have hired someone with experience AND run the same D, or **** close to it. Banda can know this D inside and out, but it’s knowing the offenses that I am worried about. What’s he going to do when a team does something he hasn’t seen before?

I’m sick of amateur hour. Richt and his minions are sinking the program. Banda is just another minion, as far as I’m concerned. Another yes man that Richt won’t have the stones to fire if he fails.

Prickt is **** lazy man

I actually like the hire. We keep our quote on quote two best defensive recruiters who would've otherwise left with Manny, and have been grooomed for this, as we all know Banda would have been Temple's DC. Also, we keep wanting more youth on the staff, and that's exactly what these two are. I'm more positive than most, but I really see that with the additional resources of being a DC, Banda and Patke will be more aggressive than Manny on the recruiting trail.

Advertisement
I’m sure from an Xs and Os perspective, he’s plenty knowledgeable. The issue with Banda/patke is that their inexperience is vulnerable to seasoned OCs. Their ability to think 2-3 plays ahead and situational playcalling is where the wheat is separated from the chaff.

Advertisement
Don’t even care to listen. Richt could have hired someone with experience AND run the same D, or **** close to it. Banda can know this D inside and out, but it’s knowing the offenses that I am worried about. What’s he going to do when a team does something he hasn’t seen before?

I’m sick of amateur hour. Richt and his minions are sinking the program. Banda is just another minion, as far as I’m concerned. Another yes man that Richt won’t have the stones to fire if he fails.

If Richt hires someone else, Banda leaves for Temple and we lose a lot more recruits. It was a necessary move.

sinking the program? like we we've been seaworthy the last 10+ years? We're exactly where we've been since Butch left...mediocre

Advertisement
Neither Banda or Patke would get a DC job at any other P5 program in 2018.
Patke would be lucky to get a LB coaching job, his resume is not impressive

Plus it’s not like he’s a monster recruiter. He’s from Texas and not greasing any wheels with Texas kids

Once signing day is out to bed Richt better hire an OC with a very strong resume, there certainly is money to do it

None of this matters if he doesn’t hire an OC.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but it really does seem kind of weird that the 10th coach hasn't been named yet. Maybe there's hope? Or, maybe MR is just too busy recruiting to promote Joaquin or DVD.

Advertisement
Back