Banda on Hurricane Hotline last night (Monday)

gabednconfused

That/Dude
Premium
Worth a listen, its available on the WQAM podcast link on apple or wherever you get your podcasts.

In summary, he covers a lot, but really does speak on how Manny has been grooming him for this opportunity for quite a while. I know internally, Richt desired to keep everything the same; he didn't want someone coming in and teaching a new way of tackling, and adjusting the schemes, so although this is a stretch assignment, I am less 'worried' about it.

Lets see if he can emerge as a good play-caller. Even Manny had issues with that, but I honestly am fine with giving him the keys to the Ferrari right now. Really just depends on whos returning to make his life easier next season.

Go have a listen and let me know what you think.

Advertisement
Don’t even care to listen. Richt could have hired someone with experience AND run the same D, or **** close to it. Banda can know this D inside and out, but it’s knowing the offenses that I am worried about. What’s he going to do when a team does something he hasn’t seen before?

I’m sick of amateur hour. Richt and his minions are sinking the program. Banda is just another minion, as far as I’m concerned. Another yes man that Richt won’t have the stones to fire if he fails.

Worth a listen, its available on the WQAM podcast link on apple or wherever you get your podcasts.

In summary, he covers a lot, but really does speak on how Manny has been grooming him for this opportunity for quite a while. I know internally, Richt desired to keep everything the same; he didn't want someone coming in and teaching a new way of tackling, and adjusting the schemes, so although this is a stretch assignment, I am less 'worried' about it.

Lets see if he can emerge as a good play-caller. Even Manny had issues with that, but I honestly am fine with giving him the keys to the Ferrari right now. Really just depends on whos returning to make his life easier next season.

Did they explain why Patke had to be retained and was made Co-DC?

I understand not wanting to change a defense that played so well. But having experienced coaches, recruiting aspect too, means something. The overall level of coaching at Miami took a giant hit

When the CEO of Home Depot leaves they don’t promote the regional manager that’s only been doing it a year, they find another CEO and have the board give instructions as to what the processes and procedures are.

Post to positive, mopes not going to agree on anything that is plus for program.

Advertisement
In no way am I endorsing Banda as a quality hire, nor am I defending against it being called a "lazy" hire. But if the goal is to keep the current defensive scheme/performance in tact with a staff that is well familiar with it through experience, then I'm willing to see where it lands. Sleepy is even more culpable if it fails. The O side of the ball is a whole different story.

In no way am I endorsing Banda as a quality hire, nor am I defending against it being called a "lazy" hire. But if the goal is to keep the current defensive scheme/performance in tact with a staff that is well familiar with it through experience, then I'm willing to see where it lands. Sleepy is even more culpable if it fails. The O side of the ball is a whole different story.

This defense isn’t exactly rocket science.

Did they explain why Patke had to be retained and was made Co-DC?

I understand not wanting to change a defense that played so well. But having experienced coaches, recruiting aspect too, means something. The overall level of coaching at Miami took a giant hit

When the CEO of Home Depot leaves they don’t promote the regional manager that’s only been doing it a year, they find another CEO and have the board give instructions as to what the processes and procedures are.

My guess is Patke is going to be working on everything front 6/7 related, while Banda takes care of coverages.

Eseentially roles are split up as such:
- Both Co-DC review their own film (one from run game and other from passing stand points) and met together to discuss;
- The plan consists of expectations of the other teams and the play calls or schemes best used against them;
- Patke takes take of all run related schematic and teachings, Banda for all pass game related items;
- Simpson and Rumph are positional coaches (while Patke takes the LBs and Banda the Safeties);
- Sjmpson helps CMR and has no hand in defensive game planning; and
- Banda does the play calling.

Advertisement
I really loved listening to Manny Diaz talk football or just talk anything to be honest and I can see it rubbing off on Banda.

I’m going to take the 4 T’s with me as I coach moving forward.

Don’t even care to listen. Richt could have hired someone with experience AND run the same D, or **** close to it. Banda can know this D inside and out, but it’s knowing the offenses that I am worried about. What’s he going to do when a team does something he hasn’t seen before?

I’m sick of amateur hour. Richt and his minions are sinking the program. Banda is just another minion, as far as I’m concerned. Another yes man that Richt won’t have the stones to fire if he fails.

Sustained. Lazy Hire.

Advertisement
LOL so a coach says the cliche b-ull**** that he's been ready for this promotion his whole life and the fans eat it up. I am not sure whether to laugh or cry these days. The same posters that fall for this nonsense were the same ones saying that Rosier was going to vastly improve in the offseason.

Yall forgot we hired a highschool coach to come in and be our DL coach, following up on the guy regarded as the BEST DL coach in the county, and he actually made the unit even better. Zero drop-off. Inexperience at the college level? Didn't see it, sorry.

On offense I believe you need a splash hire, but on defense, I am fine keeping this train moving, until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
Yall forgot we hired a highschool coach to come in and be our DL coach, following up on the guy regarded as the BEST DL coach in the county, and he actually made the unit even better. Zero drop-off. Inexperience at the college level? Didn't see it, sorry.

On offense I believe you need a splash hire, but on defense, I am fine keeping this train moving, until proven otherwise.
So we should hire every HS coach in America to be on the staff. With your amazing logic, we will have the best coaching staff known to man.

So we should hire every HS coach in America to be on the staff. With your amazing logic, we will have the best coaching staff known to man.

No, I am saying its not always BAD giving someone a stretch assignment. In fact, Miami has done that on many occasions during their history, in many coaching positions. Yall just want some big deal name, and the truth is that wont happen.

Advertisement
Back