Bama vs Gators (SEC Championship) - Game Thread

I'll say it till the cows come home, offensively against Bama next year will come down to the progress UM makes on the OL & DL. Rivers and Walker HAVE to make "the leap" even with being redshirt freshmen and Nesta needs to come back and be on his money year and live up to his recruiting ranking. Block Bama up front and plays WILL be made on them and i dont care if it's King, Garcia, TVD, or Matocha at QB. You gotta play Bama loke UF did and not bytch up like the rest of the SEC does when Bama is lined up across from them. Be AGGRESSIVE offensively and defensively cause it's "better" to lose being aggressive than passive
We have a very short time to get our OL to become Beasts.

Advertisement
Offense under UF wont be an issue. It's what we have to fix defensively
Losing Pitts and Toney will hurt more than Trask. But losing all 3 means a major step back on offense. Jones has shown nothing to prove that he can run the vertical part of their offense like Trask.

Losing Pitts and Toney will hurt more than Trask. But losing all 3 means a major step back on offense. Jones has shown nothing to prove that he can run the vertical part of their offense like Trask.

I agree but the same was said before Franks proved himself in 2018 to be servicable and the same when Trask came in against UK in 2019. Name a bad QB under Mullen. Again, im ok offensively im just shook about who our next DC will be and what kids will be portal bound bc of lack of PT. We still lack elite DEPTH.

Advertisement
I agree but the same was said before Franks proved himself in 2018 to be servicable and the same when Trask came in against UK in 2019. Name a bad QB under Mullen. Again, im ok offensively im just shook about who our next DC will be and what kids will be portal bound bc of lack of PT. We still lack elite DEPTH.
The drop off will be noticeable. The starters aren’t elite either.

The bag is an added bonus but these kids know they are going to be developed by the best, and will be put in the best position to become a high draft pick while competing for National championships along the ride. Miami is a whole planet away from getting back to that level.
Are you sure it's a whole planet and not just a half ?

The drop off will be noticeable. The starters aren’t elite either.

That's what everyone said going into this year too, no? Toney and Grimes weren't proven/consistent. Pitts and Trask wasnt slated to do THAT this season. **** alot of you all were saying Brevin Jordan AND Mallory was better than Pitts lol. So yes, im not concerned with the skill position. Henderson, Copeland, Zipperer/Gamble, Wright, Bowman, White Chocolate, Shorter...we'll be fine offensively if the OL holds up

I'm sure there'll be a dropoff but offense isn't usually a problem for Mullen. Wouldn't be surprised if he constructs a totally new offense for Emory. Gamble and Zipperer looked impressive once Pitts went down and their young receivers are decent too.

Advertisement
I agree with QBs under Mullen but Pitts is a generational talent who effects defenses unlike any TE I’ve ever seen. Toney is as dynamic as a slot as there is and Trask is there best QB in 10 years. You don’t just replace that. Add Grimes’s progression and that is just way too much talent to just replace. You’re not Bama. Even Clemson struggled replacing Tee, Ross and their OL this year.
The defense is a disaster for sure.

That's what everyone said going into this year too, no? Toney and Grimes weren't proven/consistent. Pitts and Trask wasnt slated to do THAT this season. **** alot of you all were saying Brevin Jordan AND Mallory was better than Pitts lol. So yes, im not concerned with the skill position. Henderson, Copeland, Zipperer/Gamble, Wright, Bowman, White Chocolate, Shorter...we'll be fine offensively if the OL holds up
We'll see what happens at the next level. I fear your bloke will be without a position.

At least the Canes staff are trying to do right by Mallory and make him block.

This big three of Mac the Knife, Najee, and Devonta Smith is out of control good.
I agree, and imagine what it would be with waddle still in there? Itd be ridiculous! That said they’re not as good as Clemson because Clemson has the golden Boy and bama Dont. Trask isn’t a super tall guy and carved them up, Sunshine’s passes are unblockable by the front four because he’s over 6’6 which equals Lawrence gonna cut through them like a hot knife through butter. And unlike the gaytor, clemsons defense is elite.

1608489648607.jpeg

With a case of Natty Ice and some blow, I’d smash....😎

Advertisement
Fun fact, Mac Jones was a 3 star. On paper, Jake Garcia blows him out of the water. Brevin Jordan was the #1 TE, Pitts #5. Miami has talent. We should be MUCH better then we are.
If we had real tried and proven coaches and an admin that supported the program like it deserves, then he’ll yes we’d much much better!

Advertisement
Back