Bama/Ole Miss

Advertisement
Although Ole Miss probably should have gone for it there.

Statistically speaking, your chance of getting 1 yard is high.

If you punt, probably the best case is you give the other team really good field position in your own territory. Which almost guarantees a score.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it was to Ole Miss’ advantage to go for it there.

you’re on a message board on Saturday. You have all the time in the world.
I wish you all the luck with your research.
No there’s not enough time in life to find something that doesn’t exist.And I’m not the one that said it did exist.So are you saying this isn’t some great strategy written somewhere by some genius football strategist..

No there’s not enough time in life to find something that doesn’t exist.And I’m not the one that said it did exist.So are you saying this isn’t some great strategy written somewhere by some genius football strategist..

then stop asking for it.

Advertisement
Although Ole Miss probably should have gone for it there.

Statistically speaking, your chance of getting 1 yard is high.

If you punt, probably the best case is you give the other team really good field position in your own territory. Which almost guarantees a score.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it was to Ole Miss’ advantage to go for it there.
Look I’m not trying to get into some CIS thread argument here.Anyone that knows me knows I don’t run like that…

I understand that you are Pro Kiffen.That’s fine.I’m not.

But this strategy Kiffen is using was the way to go every team that was a heavy underdog would try it and I’ll bet I’ve been watching football for longer you and maybe your parents have been alive and I’ve never seen it…..if it has been then I’ve never seen nor heard of it.

Look I’m not trying to get into some CIS thread argument here.Anyone that knows me knows I don’t run like that…

I understand that you are Pro Kiffen.That’s fine.I’m not.

But this strategy Kiffen is using was the way to go every team that was a heavy underdog would try it and I’ll bet I’ve been watching football for longer you and maybe your parents have been alive and I’ve never seen it…..if it has been then I’ve never seen nor heard of it.

Yes, I’m pro-Kiffin. You got me. I’m actually just upset it took you so few posts to figure out my secret motivation behind my posts when I tried so hard to cover them up.

Advertisement
Yes, I’m pro-Kiffin. You got me. I’m actually just upset it took you so few posts to figure out my secret motivation behind my posts when I tried so hard to cover them up.
No I kind of know who the pro Kiffens are in here and it only took about one post to figure that out.

Kiffen is a great offensive mind and a great OC.I just don’t think he’s a great HC and watching him this game with this lunacy kind of proves my point.

There are a lot of heavy underdog teams that use it.

Look at Navy. They go for it a ton during this successful run they’ve had. Why? Because their talent sucks. So they try to find a down and distance advantage to mitigate that and give them a competitive advantage.

No I kind of know who the pro Kiffens are in here and it only took about one post to figure that out.

Kiffen is a great offensive mind and a great OC.I just don’t think he’s a great HC and watching him this game with this lunacy kind of proves my point.

Like I said. You’re a genius. I love Lane Kiffin. You figured it out despite my best efforts. You don’t have to keep rubbing my nose in how smart you are. Show some humility in your victory.

Advertisement
So saying Bama and MSU is the same as playing Tulane and AUSTIN Peay…now your sounding stupid.You don’t think our stats would have been different against those 2 as opposed to what they were against the 2 we played.
Bozo do you realize we’re literally a borregales made FG away from being 2-6 in our last few games. This offense which ranked 32nd last year somehow regressed to 42nd this year.
Kiffen and Ole miss had the #3 offense last year behind Kent and UCF.

And Wow good college football team beats a few bad college football teams to start off year strong. Bama played southern miss and Mercer college so far this year.
OSU after their loss to Oregon. OSU played Tulsa and Akron.
Florida played FAU and USF before Bama
And yet all 3 are still ranked behind Ole miss .
You could’ve switched schedules and ole miss is at 3-1 against our first 4 opponents. Still having a top 5 offense.

Last edited:
It's interesting how teams that play Bama always have really bad games, isn't it?

Id be interested to know what result you typically expect when a team that is #27 in talent rankings takes on a team that is #1 in the talent rankings.

Just to give you a little perspective, Miami (#13 in 247 composite) has more talent than Ole Miss (#27) by a larger margin than Bama (#1) has over Miami.

Advertisement
Bozo do you realize we’re literally a borregales made FG away from being 2-6 in our last few games. This offense which ranked 32nd last year somehow regressed to 42nd this year.
Kiffen and Ole miss had the #3 offense last year behind Kent and UCF.

And Wow good college football team beats a few bad college football teams to start off year strong. Bama played southern miss and Mercer college so far this year.
After their loss to Oregon. OSU played Tulsa and Akron.
Florida played FAU and USF before Bama And yet all 3 are still ranked behind Ole miss .
You could’ve switched schedules and ole miss is at 3-1 against our first 4 opponents. Still having a top 5 offense.
Look Bozo, your giving me all these scenarios and none of them fit what we’re talking about.IDGAF about who played who or whose ahead of who in the polls.
You said that Kiffen had the #1 offense coming into this game and I pointed out that it was against Tulane ,AUSTIN Peay and Louisville and that we would have been higher than 32 if we’d of played Those three teams instead of Bama,App St. and Mich State.

You start throwing out MSU had trouble with Nebraska and App st got beat by Marshall.Who cares.Doesn’t fit the narrative here.

WTF does that have to do with us having a better offensive ranking if we could replace Bama and MSU. with Tulane and AUSTIN Peay .

If you don’t think we’d have had better offensive numbers against those teams as opposed to who we played I don’t know what to tell you.All this other drivel your posting has nothing to do with the conversation but that usual for CIS…if you are wrong just throw a bunch of useless facts out there to cover up how full of sHT you are…

@mossmadness is correct. Given the talent differential, if Ole **** wanted to have even the slimmest chance of beating Bama it would need to take lots of chances and hope for a lot of luck. If a team is say, within about 10 spots in the overall talent rankings (like Oregon and OSU), then the underdog has a chance of beating the more talented opponent if they play fundamental football, the opponent comes out a little flat, and can capitalize on a few mistakes. When the talent differential is enormous like between Ole Miss and Bama, the HC has to be super aggressive and try to steal possessions because I can't remember a time that a Bama team ever came out flat. Sometimes being aggressive backfires, but it's the right strategy IMO. You also have games like App State - Miami where one school has a talent edge but is horribly coached and physically weak. An inferior opponent that is hungry and aggressive can punch Miami in the mouth and know the team will fold like a cheap card table.

Advertisement
Back