Bama/Ole Miss

Look Bozo, your giving me all these scenarios and none of them fit what we’re talking about.IDGAF about who played who or whose ahead of who in the polls.
You said that Kiffen had the #1 offense coming into this game and I pointed out that it was against Tulane ,AUSTIN Peay and Louisville and that we would have been higher than 32 if we’d of played Those three teams instead of Bama,App St. and Mich State.

You start throwing out MSU had trouble with Nebraska and App st got beat by Marshall.Who cares.Doesn’t fit the narrative here.

WTF does that have to do with us having a better offensive ranking if we could replace Bama and MSU. with Tulane and AUSTIN Peay .

If you don’t think we’d have had better offensive numbers against those teams as opposed to who we played I don’t know what to tell you.All this other drivel your posting has nothing to do with the conversation but that usual for CIS…if you are wrong just throw a bunch of useless facts out there to cover up how full of sHT you are…
You’re a clown. Your whole argument is about hypothetically switching schedules between two teams. We live in this reality bozo not in your scenario fantasy land. Ole miss finished #3 last year, Ole miss can start off with a weak schedule this year and still finish top 5. Meanwhile we’ll struggle to go above 30th ranked offense playing in the Trash ACC. You go slob off Lashlee and Manny somewhere else.

Advertisement
@mossmadness is correct. Given the talent differential, if Ole **** wanted to have even the slimmest chance of beating Bama it would need to take lots of chances and hope for a lot of luck. If a team is say, within about 10 spots in the overall talent rankings (like Oregon and OSU), then the underdog has a chance of beating the more talented opponent if they play fundamental football, the opponent comes out a little flat, and can capitalize on a few mistakes. When the talent differential is enormous like between Ole Miss and Bama, the HC has to be super aggressive and try to steal possessions because I can't remember a time that a Bama team ever came out flat. You also have games like App State - Miami where one school has a talent edge but is horribly coached and physically weak. An inferior opponent that is hungry and aggressive can punch Miami in the mouth and know the team will fold like a cheap card table.
Taking chances I agree with..handing the ball to Bama at midfield ,on your own 40 then on your own 30 gave them 3 almost automatic scores where if they had punted at least the 2 times they might of stopped Bama.who knows
Being aggressive is one thing.Being downright stupid is another.
Kiffen Panicked and showed no confidence in his team.Score ended up 42-21.Take those 2 scores away where he gave Bama the ball in scoring territory and insert 2 stops and it’s 28-21 and who knows.
Not saying Ole Miss would have stopped Bama those couple drives but we will never know cause Kiffen didn’t have any confidence in his team.His DC and defensive players must be real proud of him..

You’re a clown. Your whole argument is about hypothetically switching schedules between two teams. We live in this reality bozo not in your scenario fantasy land. Ole miss finished #3 last year, Ole miss can start off with a weak schedule this year and still finish top 5. Meanwhile we’ll struggle to go above 30th ranked offense playing in the Trash ACC. You go slob off Lashlee and Manny somewhere else.
Can’t argue with a doorknob so I’ll give up..have a nice evening.

Advertisement
Doorknob exposed your weak *** argument.
No doorknob showed how hardheaded he was not understanding a simple argument that we would have had a better offensive record had we played 3 teams the caliber of what Ole Miss had played their first three instead of the three teams we played.
I’m sorry you can’t understand that but I didn’t think it was that hard to understand but I guess i was wrong.
Again I’m not going to argue with you so I’m out..have a nice evening

No doorknob showed how hardheaded he was not understanding a simple argument that we would have had a better offensive record had we played 3 teams the caliber of what Ole Miss had played their first three instead of the three teams we played.
I’m sorry you can’t understand that but I didn’t think it was that hard to understand but I guess i was wrong.
Again I’m not going to argue with you so I’m out..have a nice evening
Your argument would hold true if ole miss offense sucked last year and then started off good because of a weak schedule, but they didn’t suck last year, their offense was #3 last year, they play in the SEC. Our offense ranked 32nd last year and we play in the ACC. Bama was our toughest game, aside from that we’re still 42nd ranked after playing average teams why can’t you get that through your thick skull.

@mossmadness is correct. Given the talent differential, if Ole **** wanted to have even the slimmest chance of beating Bama it would need to take lots of chances and hope for a lot of luck. If a team is say, within about 10 spots in the overall talent rankings (like Oregon and OSU), then the underdog has a chance of beating the more talented opponent if they play fundamental football, the opponent comes out a little flat, and can capitalize on a few mistakes. When the talent differential is enormous like between Ole Miss and Bama, the HC has to be super aggressive and try to steal possessions because I can't remember a time that a Bama team ever came out flat. Sometimes being aggressive backfires, but it's the right strategy IMO. You also have games like App State - Miami where one school has a talent edge but is horribly coached and physically weak. An inferior opponent that is hungry and aggressive can punch Miami in the mouth and know the team will fold like a cheap card table.

it’s just weird for posters to ask, “why don’t other teams with a talent disparity do this if it’s such a good strategy?”

The teams that typically have the highest 4th down conversion attempts? The service academies.
It’s because those staffs are more analytic driven. They have to be. They have no talent advantage. So they leverage down and distance to create a competitive advantage.

There’s a coach in Arkansas that took over a dog **** high school team and turned them into the powerhouse in the state. How did he do that? He just goes by “the book.” So he’s being this nationally known figure because he goes for it every time you’re “suppose” to go for it. He just got hired as a college football coach at Div. III. High school and lower level colleges is always where the cutting edge starts.

The game is moving towards analytics. As all sports are. That’s why the fullback doesn’t exist anymore. And it’s why you see teams going for it more than they did 10 years ago. And 10 years from now, you will see them going for it more than you do today.
People can hate that. There’s a lot of people that miss hit and runs in baseball or traditional post-up big men in basketball. But teams didn’t randomly start moving to these things without logic and reasoning. It’s because the numbers said that was your best chance to win.

it’s just weird for posters to ask, “why don’t other teams with a talent disparity do this if it’s such a good strategy?”

The teams that typically have the highest 4th down conversion attempts? The service academies.
It’s because those staffs are more analytic driven. They have to be. They have no talent advantage. So they leverage down and distance to create a competitive advantage.

There’s a coach in Arkansas that took over a dog **** high school team and turned them into the powerhouse in the state. How did he do that? He just goes by “the book.” So he’s being this nationally known figure because he goes for it every time you’re “suppose” to go for it. He just got hired as a college football coach at Div. III.

The game is moving towards analytics. As all sports are. That’s why the fullback doesn’t exist anymore. And it’s why you see teams going for it more than they did 10 years ago. And 10 years from now, you will see them going for it more than you do today.
People can hate that. There’s a lot of people that miss hit and runs in baseball or traditional post-up big men in basketball. But teams didn’t randomly start moving to these things without logic and reasoning. It’s because the numbers said that was your best chance to win.
Like I told Time I understand being aggressive but this was the first quarter.You supposedly have an offense that is top 5-10 in the country.Why not trust your defense to see if they can get a couple of stops and maybe score once or twice.You punt the ball get a stop and maybe your team gets a short field.Who knows.

If he had done this down by 21-28 in the second half then maybe I agree with it.But he did this from the jump.If I’m his DC I’m asking WTF man.Give us a chance to make a play.
They lost by three scores.You take just one of those 3 short field TDs away from Bama cause they got a stop and add one to Ole Miss side figuring maybe this potent offense scores on one of the stops and it’s a one score game.
He told his DC and defensive players you suck and can’t stop Bama so I’m gonna give them the ball and see if you can stop them from the 30.

Like I said aggressiveness is great but there’s a time and situation for it.First quarter of the game where you haven’t seen if your defense can stop Bama or not isn’t it..jmo

Advertisement
Like I told Time I understand being aggressive but this was the first quarter.You supposedly have an offense that is top 5-10 in the country.Why not trust your defense to see if they can get a couple of stops and maybe score once or twice.You punt the ball get a stop and maybe your team gets a short field.Who knows.

If he had done this down by 21-28 in the second half then maybe I agree with it.But he did this from the jump.If I’m his DC I’m asking WTF man.Give us a chance to make a play.
They lost by three scores.You take just one of those 3 short field TDs away from Bama cause they got a stop and add one to Ole Miss side figuring maybe this potent offense scores on one of the stops and it’s a one score game.
He told his DC and defensive players you suck and can’t stop Bama so I’m gonna give them the ball and see if you can stop them from the 30.

Like I said aggressiveness is great but there’s a time and situation for it.First quarter of the game where you haven’t seen if your defense can stop Bama or not isn’t it..jmo

The ben baldwin model. Best algos in the world!

Can you imagine how much better our record would be this year if Manny subscribed to his newsletter?

Look Bozo, your giving me all these scenarios and none of them fit what we’re talking about.IDGAF about who played who or whose ahead of who in the polls.
You said that Kiffen had the #1 offense coming into this game and I pointed out that it was against Tulane ,AUSTIN Peay and Louisville and that we would have been higher than 32 if we’d of played Those three teams instead of Bama,App St. and Mich State.

You start throwing out MSU had trouble with Nebraska and App st got beat by Marshall.Who cares.Doesn’t fit the narrative here.

WTF does that have to do with us having a better offensive ranking if we could replace Bama and MSU. with Tulane and AUSTIN Peay .

If you don’t think we’d have had better offensive numbers against those teams as opposed to who we played I don’t know what to tell you.All this other drivel your posting has nothing to do with the conversation but that usual for CIS…if you are wrong just throw a bunch of useless facts out there to cover up how full of sHT you are…
Wow, so personal.

Well that isn't very nice with all the name calling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back