Bama/Ole Miss

Advertisement
this just the last 5 scores Bama put on Ole Miss. they weren’t running that formation every game.

They cannot stop Bama. They don’t have the defensive talent. They have to score and score a ton.
Yea but letting Bama run 8 minute drives every time they touch the ball for a TD ain’t gonna bode well either….I guess Lane bet the unders..

Advertisement
I saw Young do this 3x at Mater Dei in person. Never understood y he was designated as a DT. Yeah he “can” run, but he rather use his legs to escape, re-set his eyes, and find an open receiver. That’s always been his m.o. I’ve always been impressed w/ his Houdini act, w/ eyes behind his head to escape pressure.

he knows his defense isn’t going to stop Bama. They have to hope they score a ton and get some turnover luck.
I whole-heartedly agree with this. You guys would be clowning Kiffin if he was "playing it conservatively" but the reality is he knows his best chance is to go for broke. The longer this game goes on, the more dominant Bama becomes due to the depth of their bench. It's a smart play to try and pick up those 4th and shorts and keep his defense off the field.

Lane going for it on every 4th down.Just turned it over on his own 40…this is gonna be a rout if he keeps this up…probably even if he doesn’t.
Doesn’t matter
At least he has balls
Wish he was her vs our beta male

I whole-heartedly agree with this. You guys would be clowning Kiffin if he was "playing it conservatively" but the reality is he knows his best chance is to go for broke. The longer this game goes on, the more dominant Bama becomes due to the depth of their bench. It's a smart play to try and pick up those 4th and shorts and keep his defense off the field.
Not on 4 and 4 on your own 40 against no worse than the second best front in CFB…that’s suicide

Advertisement
Its probably not worth watching. Ole Miss is going to get killed. They went from unranked to #12 for beating Louisville, Austin Peay and Tulane. But SEC SEC SEC. Just like Arkansas reaching #8. Its a joke.

All these rankings do is give the SEC cover. If Ole Miss wins they'll be a top 5 team barely ahead of Bama. If Ole Miss loses Bama still gets credit for beating #12. Just like Georgia will get credit for beating #8 even after Arkansas finishes with 3 wins the rest of the way.
Just like putting Miami top 15, bama gets credit for beating a ranked team.

Not on 4 and 4 on your own 40 against no worse than the second best front in CFB…that’s suicide

it was 4th and 3.

But from a game strategy standpoint, every analytic model would say to go for it.

You’re better off trying to get 3 yards, then stopping Alabama.

You saying, “yeah, but the defense is so good,” is not an answer to that.

As good as the Bama defense might be, the Bama offense is at a much greater advantage over the Ole Miss defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back