Bama Game: Pre Camp notes from their side

I had score at 45-20, if somehow we can score 30 I'd be impressed even in a loss.
D, we will not score 30.. I think 14might be pushing it. We have not done a good job scoring in years against big time teams. Lashlee will have to call a perfect game and King has to be more accurate than he's ever been in his life.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They basically score 50 on everyone anyways so I wouldn't necessarily be surprised even if our offense has a good day if that's the outcome
Actually, if Miami's O sustains drives, I don't think they [Bama] score 50.

In today's game, the best defense is keeping your offense on the field.

People laugh when I say this, but Saban is sneaky and has it figured out: he has built a ball control hammer them into submission offense that masquerades as a "spread".

That is how you win today and further take advantage of Ds designed to stop the "spread".

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
0C6D07B2-8175-4B2B-9CB9-FBBFF4FD311A.jpeg

Wonder if they'll take Cochran back since he bounced on Kirby.

I'm interested to see Lashlee's playcalling against Bama. Last season he wasn't aggressive enough between the hashes, and he settled for RB dives way too often. If that's how we come out in a few weeks then Bama covers easily.

Advertisement
D, we will not score 30.. I think 14might be pushing it. We have not done a good job scoring in years against big time teams. Lashlee will have to call a perfect game and King has to be more accurate than he's ever been in his life.
And the O-line would have to have their best game, by far in years, as a group.

Advertisement
He probably watched the highlight tapes of their HS SR seasons. I mean it's not hard we do that here to project players. Your acting like these kids have no tape out there. They recruit at a clip we wish we recruited. There is a reason they are a machine and NFL u right now. They reload simple as that.

Y'all drinking that good good in this thread. I feel like I'm the only person that thinks there is no way we win this game. Every other game we should win. This game is nearly impossible imo I'm thinking 43-13 38-17ish bama. Being realistic here. It won't be because of coaching it's the horses in the race
Just curious what do u disagree with @puertorricane

Manny handed the keys to Lashlee. Manny has zero to do with offense, The same as Richt with Diazs, Richts focus was 100% on offense,
Sorry but we just won't agree on this. Every college head coach has a say in what happens in every single aspect of the game. Im not saying hes calling plays but when they are game planning for a certain team 100% the head coach is in meeting discussing the strategy they will implement for that team. Part of that may be Manny saying this is a fast past offense were playing this week and they dont have a very good run defense so lets run the ball a bit more and try and keep the time of possession in out favor. 100% these conversations occur. If you disagree just say that and we can move on. No point in either of us trying to change the others mind.

Yeah TS might be our best corner but he was not dominating at uga. He still doesn’t have an Int in college, so I doubt he will “dominate acc receivers with ease”
Well he wasn’t playing his natural position he was told he’d play. Ask Uga players who their best cover guys was and his name would come up. I’ve seen it with my own two eyes against a future nfl guy. Players there couldn’t understand why they kept him playing multiple positions other that cb. They loaded him up with weight and wasted two years of his career, lying right up to the day he left. He started one game at cb while playing at **** near 220 and played great , saving the game with one of the best plays you’ll see a cb making , not just physically but the awareness to make.

He was getting burn as true Fr at one of the deepest rosters in cfb, starting alot of games his two years there. People dismiss him at Uga not realizing the whole picture or context of the situation.

Last edited:
Sorry but we just won't agree on this. Every college head coach has a say in what happens in every single aspect of the game. Im not saying hes calling plays but when they are game planning for a certain team 100% the head coach is in meeting discussing the strategy they will implement for that team. Part of that may be Manny saying this is a fast past offense were playing this week and they dont have a very good run defense so lets run the ball a bit more and try and keep the time of possession in out favor. 100% these conversations occur. If you disagree just say that and we can move on. No point in either of us trying to change the others mind.
Manny spent all his time in the defensive room, he’s actually said this publicly. I’m sure he talked with Lashlee privately about his game plan , plans for a big situation or maybe stepped in to to take a listen during a meeting but lashlee had full control. In a game manny makes all final decisions but as for the o itself , it’s all Lashlee. He has the keys, just like MD under Richt. Tbh I’m not sure the debate , you’re both technically right.

Advertisement
Back