Bama Game: Pre Camp notes from their side

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Bama opens fall camp tomorrow, too. Below are some highlights of summer workouts and what their depth chart at certain positions will be tomorrow:

-- As has been the case since the spring, Bryce Young has received all of the first-team reps, while Paul Tyson has received all of the second-team reps. It’s been clear for a while now, but barring something, Young will open the season as the starter. It’s worth noting, though, that Tyson capped the summer with an impressive week in leading the No. 2 offense.

-- At wide receiver, the new guys continue to stand out. Jameson Williams, Agiye Hall, Christian Leary and JoJo Earle all produced solid summers and will likely push for first-team snaps this fall. John Metchie is the obvious No. 1 receiver, but after that, there appears to be a good bit of competition among the returning wideouts and those that arrived this spring/summer.

-- I continue to hear good things about Camar Wheaton -- who is, believe it or not, on campus. That isn’t an indictment on the other running backs; they’ve all performed well this summer, too. But the true freshman has turned some heads. Alabama is absolutely loaded at tailback, and they could prove to be factors in the passing game, along with the top two tight ends.

-- There’s a lot to report on the offensive line. The first five have consistently been, from left to right, Evan Neal, Javion Cohen, Chris Owens, Emil Ekiyor and Kendall Randolph. Competition will continue at right tackle with Damieon George and freshman JC Latham pushing Randolph for the first-team role, and fall camp should reveal more about the offensive line.

-- Defensively, not much has changed, either. At inside linebacker, Christian Harris, Henry To’o To’o and Jaylen Moody have rotated at the Mike and Will positions. That might seem a little bit strange with Harris being a two-year starter, but the Crimson Tide is in a great spot in the middle of its defense. With Shane Lee and others, it has a legit two-deep at inside ‘backer.

-- Another top position battle on defense, cornerback, is also what we saw in the spring. Josh Jobe and Jalyn Armour-Davis have worked with the ones, while Kool-Aid McKinstry has worked with the second unit. The freshman continued to perform well and held down his spot with the twos, while Marcus Banks, Terrion Arnold and Khyree Jackson played opposite him.

Advertisement
"the Crimson Tide is in a great spot in the middle of its defense" Must be nice.

Is Latham that good? I never bothered watching his highlights because he wasn't coming to Miami. If he's truly jockeying for starting spot, does that Randolph is mediocre or that Latham is Eric Winston level good?

Hope Jobe breaks his ankles trying to cover Rambo.

Advertisement
Saban doesnt like playing against our type of offense, but as always, how we do in the trenches, particularly on our offense is what will tell how this game goes. If our offense cannot block Bama our defense will eventually get gashed, it what happens in all our recent big games. D force some stops but u cant hold down big teams for 60 mins. We couldn't do squat v Clemson on O and this is the same type of challenge. Call it loser mentality but until we actually do it, im never expecting us to win this type of game. Anything else is false bravado without any proof

Advertisement
Kool-aid? Really?
I figured it was a nickname, thought it was kinda sweet tbh. But your comment makes me think it’s his actual name… if my parents gave me the name “kool-aid”, I’d probably shoot them as soon as I came of age

Never heard of those WRs but I'm sure one will end up being a 1st rounder. Just hope they have some first game jitters.

Advertisement
I figured it was a nickname, thought it was kinda sweet tbh. But your comment makes me think it’s his actual name… if my parents gave me the name “kool-aid”, I’d probably shoot them as soon as I came of age
His first name was originally Ga'Quincy, but he changed it to Kool-Aid.

Saban doesnt like playing against our type of offense, but as always, how we do in the trenches, particularly on our offense is what will tell how this game goes. If our offense cannot block Bama our defense will eventually get gashed, it what happens in all our recent big games. D force some stops but u cant hold down big teams for 60 mins. We couldn't do squat v Clemson on O and this is the same type of challenge. Call it loser mentality but until we actually do it, im never expecting us to win this type of game. Anything else is false bravado without any proof

I agree with all of that except Saban not liking to play against our type of offense. ****, I don't even know what our offense is, it's weird as **** and very disjointed.

Advertisement
It’s a nick name. Just like Haha was a nick name. Saban let’s it stick if they play like whoever they say they are

Advertisement
Back