Bama Game: Pre Camp notes from their side

Advertisement
"the Crimson Tide is in a great spot in the middle of its defense" Must be nice.

Is Latham that good? I never bothered watching his highlights because he wasn't coming to Miami. If he's truly jockeying for starting spot, does that Randolph is mediocre or that Latham is Eric Winston level good?

Hope Jobe breaks his ankles trying to cover Rambo.

he was a big time recruit when he came out - best OL in the country iirc, so itā€™s not a big surprise.

neal will be virtually impossible to beat. I hope we pick apart Jobe all game long.

Advertisement
Saban doesnt like playing against our type of offense, but as always, how we do in the trenches, particularly on our offense is what will tell how this game goes. If our offense cannot block Bama our defense will eventually get gashed, it what happens in all our recent big games. D force some stops but u cant hold down big teams for 60 mins. We couldn't do squat v Clemson on O and this is the same type of challenge. Call it loser mentality but until we actually do it, im never expecting us to win this type of game. Anything else is false bravado without any proof
I havent read one poster on this site say they think we win this game. I think majority of us just want to use this as a measuring stick to let the nation know we at least belong on the same field as them. Anything can happen in the first game of the season. Everybody is rusty and shaking off jitters.

Miami has upped their recruiting the last 2 years. Miami has signed 2 FIVE stars and 24 FOUR stars. Alabama in the same time span has signed 11 FIVE stars and 33 FOUR stars. With that said Alabama isn't the same team as last year. Their defense could be better, but defense doesn't win anymore in college football. You have to score. Alabama should take a big step backwards in offensive production this year. Bryce Young is a solid QB, but he struggles some with accuracy, best attribute is moving outside the pocket extending plays, and throwing on the move.

Their best WR is Metchie, and while he is a good player, HE IS NOT Juedy, Ruggs, Smith, Waddle, etc....Robinson is a solid RB, but he is not Najee Harris.

Advertisement
Saban doesnt like playing against our type of offense, but as always, how we do in the trenches, particularly on our offense is what will tell how this game goes. If our offense cannot block Bama our defense will eventually get gashed, it what happens in all our recent big games. D force some stops but u cant hold down big teams for 60 mins. We couldn't do squat v Clemson on O and this is the same type of challenge. Call it loser mentality but until we actually do it, im never expecting us to win this type of game. Anything else is false bravado without any proof
[/QUOTE
Ok, loser mentality!

Advertisement
Yea, but We're Miami. We get everybody's best shot, anyways! No matter that we've been largely irrelevant on the national scene for the last 15 years or so.
True but what would worry me is Miami's handling of success. We'd be favored in every game and would definitely play down to the competition more than we already do. Unless this year's different for some reason.

We are +18.5 point underdogs and that line isnā€™t dropping. Go into the game knowing that and it wonā€™t be so bad.

Itā€™s important we donā€™t play like weā€™ve played on a national stage countless times over the past 15 or so years and lay an egg. Keep it close and Iā€™ll be content.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back