bama commit Christian Williams visiting

Advertisement
Please stop embarrassing yourself. Either you land the recruits or you don't. Everything else you just said concerning his recruiting skills (or lack thereof) are excuses.
And feel free to point out where I said he was a crap coach. You won't because I never said that. I will say people over rate him as a developer, our corners played well this year, but they still have issues in coverage at times- (que the slow white boy from GT toasting Banda). At the end of the day you can be the best developer of talent, that's only 50% of your job as a CB coach. The other half is landing the top players in your backyard, some of whom you coached in HS! And he's pretty much a fail when it comes to head to head battles for guys.

What Miami coach in the last 15 years has a better blue Chip ratio in his room than Rumph?

5 of his 6 players are 4 star. His only 3 star has tremendous amount of potential.

Rumph is no worse than an average recruiter based on evidence.

What Miami coach in the last 15 years has a better blue Chip ratio in his room than Rumph?

5 of his 6 players are 4 star. His only 3 star has tremendous amount of potential.

What would you say his closing rate on the corners he recruits over his 4 year span is?
10%
20%
30%

What is acceptable to you?

What other CB coach has had five and high four star recruits playing football in his own backyard? Let’s keep it in perspective.

Advertisement

But this misses all context and nuance, which cannot be glossed over. We missed on big time prospects that we should’ve had big time advantages with. Can’t look passed the qualitative portion of his track record

But this misses all context and nuance, which cannot be glossed over. We missed on big time prospects that we should’ve had big time advantages with. Can’t look passed the qualitative portion of his track record

All other Miami coaches have missed on said 'big time prospects that we should've had big time advantages with'. There's only 1 5* player on the roster. Yet guys want Rumphs head for not doing better than any other coach at Miami has done in 20 years.

You guys are not being factual. You aren't being consistent. Nor are you being realistic based on peer performance.

What would you say his closing rate on the corners he recruits over his 4 year span is?
10%
20%
30%

What is acceptable to you?

A coach putting on the field the #1 pass D in cfb. Very much accept that result.

I got zero problems with coach Rumph. Give me a roster full of 4* blue Chip recruits, and 3* kids with potential, and give me the #1 unit in cfb. Give me that yearly and I wish the rest of the coaches produced the same results. Specifically on OL and QB.

This. He benefits from being in South Florida, where Plan B DBs are good enough to start at most schools. However, it is undeniable that if he had gotten even half of Jobe, Henderson, Edwards, Campbell (this is the big one), Surtain, Stevenson, etc. his room would be elite from both a talent and depth perspective, especially when layered on to what we already have. You can't consistently miss on the top 2 or 3 DBs from your backyard every single year and then claim victory.

Advertisement
This. He benefits from being in South Florida, where Plan B DBs are good enough to start at most schools. However, it is undeniable that if he had gotten even half of Jobe, Henderson, Edwards, Campbell (this is the big one), Surtain, Stevenson, etc. his room would be elite from both a talent and depth perspective, especially when layered on to what we already have. You can't consistently miss on the top 2 or 3 DBs from your backyard every single year and then claim victory.

All other coaches at Miami have missed at a similar clip. And it's been that way for 15 years.

To ONLY blame Rump and single him out is nonsense. That's what CIS porster does. Be consistent and factual.

One thing I wonder is this does he want to be a safety or cb? UM wants him at cb and so did Bama but LSU is dead set he's a safety. Plus he didn't set the LSU visit until he dropped the Bama ov so it's weird but we'll see

I am still hopeful here. I think he really connected with the kids on the team and sees the depth chart/ competition is more favorable. I think the biggest hurdle for us is we are not in the SEC. I think that's more of the issue. IDK. But it was pretty great to see Bubba's mom tweeting at Williams mom. And so many of the kids....

I am still hopeful here. I think he really connected with the kids on the team and sees the depth chart/ competition is more favorable. I think the biggest hurdle for us is we are not in the SEC. I think that's more of the issue. IDK. But it was pretty great to see Bubba's mom tweeting at Williams mom. And so many of the kids....

Somebody show me Williams mama man. I’ve asked since yesterday dang it.

All other coaches at Miami have missed at a similar clip. And it's been that way for 15 years.

To ONLY blame Rump and single him out is nonsense. That's what CIS porster does. Be consistent and factual.
All other Miami coaches have missed on said 'big time prospects that we should've had big time advantages with'. There's only 1 5* player on the roster. Yet guys want Rumphs head for not doing better than any other coach at Miami has done in 20 years.

You guys are not being factual. You aren't being consistent. Nor are you being realistic based on peer performance.

On the contrary, I’ve been saying that Banda and Padke are awful recruiters. Banda gets cucked regularly. The difference between him and them is that Rumph was a HS coach that got his shot because of who he knew and the prospects he could bring in. He is also a good technical coach, but let’s not pretend he wasn’t considered a lock to bring these kids with him. He gets it from the fan base because of where he came from and the high profile nature of his misses. No other program in the country hires the former head coach of a major prospect and finishes 3rd

Advertisement
No A&M was already there ajd Bama was the last visit until right after he visited us then LSU came up and I remember because I checked before the ov here and LSU was nowhere to be found

Bama wasn't giving him the OV - he was already told to "look around". It was either going to be Oregon or LSU. Oregon signed 2 DBs the week before, I believe, so there was no real reason to go out there.

And you are just as off base as those are negative....Nobody worried about those little star rankings. Sure we got some guys at corner, and he was kept bc he is coaching his position (half a position really) pretty **** well.

BUT...
None of Bethel, Frierson (as a corner), Ivey, or Couch are the AH kids or Chris Henderson at corner (Marco Wilson flashed his frosh year too)...Not to mention he has one conrner committed this year...Decided to offer and take Good (and then let him go), was late to the party on a Palm Beach stud Elam, etc, etc...

You being the "extreme Rumph defender" is no better than the "Rumph is terrible and must be fired today" group.

Advertisement
Yeah, we beat Florida in August and go 11-2 instead of 7-6 with a 4 game losing streak right before early signing period and watch how fast our weak recruiters turn into talent grabbing savants. Canes have to break out of the endless momentum of mediocrity and elite kids will come.

I don't think Rumph is the only one who deserves blame, I just think it is fair to say that he hasn't met the standard for recruiting DB in South Florida as of now. Has he been an upgrade on Paul Williams, the worst DB coach I can remember? Yes. Is he doing a good enough job to get by? Yes. Is he meeting the standard we should have? No.

I don't think it is realistic, given the on field results, to expect him to get every 5 star DB in South Florida. But coming off our best season in 10 years he whiffed on a kid who is essentially his nephew, whiffed on Jobe, etc. In 2017 he couldn't close Henderson or Edwards...realistically he should have had both, but to get neither was borderline dereliction of duty.

A coach putting on the field the #1 pass D in cfb. Very much accept that result.

I got zero problems with coach Rumph. Give me a roster full of 4* blue Chip recruits, and 3* kids with potential, and give me the #1 unit in cfb. Give me that yearly and I wish the rest of the coaches produced the same results. Specifically on OL and QB.
4*s are not blue chips. That's the problem.

Heard Banda is the one that messes up the recruiting not Rumph. Banda comes in and goes way over the top.

Advertisement
Back