Balom In The Portal

Banda was also a good safety coach. Look at the guys he coached and how much better they got while he was here. Jamal Carter, Rayshawn Jenkins, Jaquan Johnson, Sheldrick Redwine, even Robert Knowles got better under him. People here trash him because he was a nobody when he got hired but he got more production from his units than almost every other assistant we’ve had here the last decade.
Jim Carrey Movie GIF

Advertisement
Banda was also a good safety coach. Look at the guys he coached and how much better they got while he was here. Jamal Carter, Rayshawn Jenkins, Jaquan Johnson, Sheldrick Redwine, even Robert Knowles got better under him. People here trash him because he was a nobody when he got hired but he got more production from his units than almost every other assistant we’ve had here the last decade.
Jamal Carter is one of the worst football players I've ever seen. No joke - he's that bad that including him in a list of 3 NFL players still drags the overall average down to JAG.

Jamal Carter is one of the worst football players I've ever seen. No joke - he's that bad that including him in a list of 3 NFL players still drags the overall average down to JAG.
Yet he was still miles ahead of James and Avantae Williams.

Also, I’m taking about college play, I don’t care if Carter sucks for whatever NFL team you cheer for

Advertisement
I liked Balom as a recruit. There was a moment during camps he looked really good and I thought he’d break out. But then the moment passed. Not sure if he was injured this whole season or just wasn’t good enough to see the field much. But I’m not at all surprised he is transferring out.

@90scane looks like we really are going to have more new players (43 or more out of 85) than existing ones on roster. Need to start tracking how many are pre Mario vs Mario recruits. The team will be 2/3 his or more come September.

This pleases me greatly. Always nice to have elite players from Paradise Camp. I was told he was elite at Paradise Camp, so he is elite.

Yet he was still miles ahead of James and Avantae Williams.

Also, I’m taking about college play, I don’t care if Carter sucks for whatever NFL team you cheer for
I'm talking College too, he was dreadful - and I don't care what NFL team you cheer for either. (y)

This pleases me greatly. Always nice to have elite players from Paradise Camp. I was told he was elite at Paradise Camp, so he is elite.

Choad, were you following recruiting pre-Richt? I'm not sure Randy did camps. And the Al Golden camps were an embarrassment. So Paradise was a game changer at the time. We had numerous studs attend, unfortunately a lot of the best of them ended up at Bama, Georgia and other programs. And we ended up with guys like Pope and Balom. But IMO, it was definitely a major breakthrough by Richt.

Mario's Elite camp is different and better. But Richt really brought us into the modern era with recruiting. What he was missing was the killer closers that Mario has, along with a Highsmith and full staff to evaluate the talent properly.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You tell no lies. Anyone who disagrees is living an even bigger one themselves. 😉

considering James Williams had surgery of some kind....like i posted in another thread we might not even have enough legitimate plaers for spring lol

Advertisement
So apparently Balom is only coming out of the portal to finish his degreee and then will bounce back in??? Is that correct??? Like what Perry did??

Advertisement
Back