Bailey Hockman - left FSU

Link or you made this $h!t up buddy.

That’s coming from multiple Nole fans ( one is a booster )Blackmon was supposedly running third. Hockman left because he thought he out played Francois and should start.

I don’t go to Nole sites or care about them , just going off of what some fans said. They all wish he’d stayed.

Advertisement
Taggert offense is a run heavy offense , with very meh route concepts. Very basic pass offense , they needs qbs like flowers.

Dude also absolutely shredded his knee a year ago . He’s not great but imo he’s a good college qb , he’s nowhere near “ garbage “.

And being a Miami fan I’ve mastered the art of knowing a garbage qb when I see one.

he looked like a deer in headlights against freaking Samford. That's Garbage

he looked like a deer in headlights against freaking Samford. That's Garbage

You do know they have one of the worst ol’s in cfb? Jesus Chris would look bad behind that trash *** ol. Then mix in coming back from catastrophic knee injury .

We’ll just agree to disagree

Any thoughts on this kid as a 2019 recruit? He's a RS freshman that recently left FSU & enrolled at Hutchinson CC in Kansas. He plans on getting his Associate Degree in December, making him eligible for the 2019 season. He was highly recruited out of High School with offers from Bama, UTenn, Uga, UMia. UMich and a few other Power 5 schools.
As of now, it doesn't look like we're recruiting a QB for 2019 and we'll only have 3 scholarship QB's on the roster. He may not be a bad alternative for the staff to keep an eye on.

Watched him in high school...no.

Advertisement
My point? What’s your point?

You just compared a starter with a 65% completion rate, 10 TD’s, and 3 ints against legit competition to a guy who couldn’t beat out Frenchie. How does this equate to Will Grier...at all?
Yeah. Will Grier was actually the starter at UF as a freshmans and was on his way to a great season. He’s the only successful QB they’ve had since Tebow.

Yeah. Will Grier was actually the starter at UF as a freshmans and was on his way to a great season. He’s the only successful QB they’ve had since Tebow.

Exactly. Grier's problem wasn't his performance. It was his inability to hide his performance enhancing drugs.

Advertisement
Exactly. Grier's problem wasn't his performance. It was his inability to hide his performance enhancing drugs.
This is the dumbest thing spread about this kid. He took a bulker...that’s very common if you’re trying to bulk. There’s nothing performance enhancing about it...it just speeds up your metabolism. He probably had a stupid ******* trainer who didn’t check his **** before recommending it.

Would be fine with him coming here to compete. Ditto for Hurts. We already have 3 QBs in the mix so it doesn't matter all that much if the 4th one isn't Aaron Rodgers. Would rather bring in a transfer who can play immediately if needed than recruit a HS plan B.

This. Folks on this board have blasted Richt about not taking a graduate transfer quarterback during the offseason but now that one might be available, everyone is on some **** no sh*t because he's from FSU. GTFOH!

There’s no way he would walk into the same situation he just left so it’s a moot point. Also same reason we probably will not sign a QB this cycle.

Advertisement
Are you for Real??? If Richt thought Jarren gave us the best shot at winning he'd start him. Richt started Stafford as a true Freshman!!! In Stafford's 3 years at UGa only 3 of his O-Linemen went on to play in the NFL.
Fwiw, Richt only went with Stafford in 2006 after we were out of contention for the SEC East.

Joe Tereshinski, a redshirt senior and the least talented QB I have ever seen at an SEC school, started the first two games until he sprained an ankle on the first series of our second game. He missed virtually all of game two and all of games three through five. Stafford came off the bench and showed flashes at times. Joe Cox, a redshirt freshman, also saw action while Tereshinski was hurt, but it was mostly Stafford.

We were 5-0 when Tereshinski was healthy enough to return, and Richt immediately went back to him as the starter...and we promptly lost the next two games in embarrassing fashion to Tennessee and Vanderbilt. That sealed our fate in the East that year, and that's when Richt ended up going back to Stafford.

Fwiw, Richt only went with Stafford in 2006 after we were out of contention for the SEC East.

Joe Tereshinski, a redshirt senior and the least talented QB I have ever seen at an SEC school, started the first two games until he sprained an ankle on the first series of our second game. He missed virtually all of game two and all of games three through five. Stafford came off the bench and showed flashes at times. Joe Cox, a redshirt freshman, also saw action while Tereshinski was hurt, but it was mostly Stafford.

We were 5-0 when Tereshinski was healthy enough to return, and Richt immediately went back to him as the starter...and we promptly lost the next two games in embarrassing fashion to Tennessee and Vanderbilt. That sealed our fate in the East that year, and that's when Richt ended up going back to Stafford.

How did Stafford and Cox play over that stretch? I know you said the team went 5-0, but was that a Rosier.. skin of your teeth 5-0? Or was it because of Stafford and Cox played well?

This actually sounds like a very real situation we could find ourselves in later this season.

How did Stafford and Cox play over that stretch? I know you said the team went 5-0, but was that a Rosier.. skin of your teeth 5-0? Or was it because of Stafford and Cox played well?

This actually sounds like a very real situation we could find ourselves in later this season.
The defense carried us for those 5 games. While Tereshinski was out, we won at South Carolina 18-0, UAB 34-0, Colorado 14-13, and at Ole Miss 14-9.

Imo, Stafford's best game was South Carolina. He made some throws that no other quarterback on our roster could make. He also threw 3 interceptions. He was ineffective against Colorado and Joe Cox brought us back from a 13-0 deficit in the 4th quarter to win 14-13.

Stafford's stats during those games were not very good, but we didn't ask him to do much, either. The thing about a guy like Stafford is that you can just watch him throw in warmups and know that he's just better at throwing the ball than almost anyone else on the planet. It's that obvious. When compared with Joe T., who picked Georgia over football powerhouse Harvard, the contrast was dramatic.

Advertisement
His film looks really good to me, he was already ahead of Blackmon and was neck / neck with a Senior.

He could be the one qb in this class , and would bring some experience.

I don’t see any negative to taking him.
Never underestimate the law of unintended consequences.

Say Perry gets named the starter for 19 and JW comes back as a Rs.Fresh.

Bring in an experienced transfer and you run the risk of JW not wanting to keep riding pine.

If you believe as I, that JW is the QB of the future, it’s at least a risk that merits consideration.

You left out the part about how Georgia's defense & special teams gave up 51 points in that loss to Tennessee when Tereshinski returned as starter. Yeah, he had 3 turnovers in the game, but you can't give up 51 points and expect to win. Defense also couldn't hold off Vandy late in the game the following week. Richt did the right thing by handing Stafford the keys that season. Maybe he will do the same thing with one of the younger QBs this season.

You left out the part about how Georgia's defense & special teams gave up 51 points in that loss to Tennessee when Tereshinski returned as starter. Yeah, he had 3 turnovers in the game, but you can't give up 51 points and expect to win. Defense also couldn't hold off Vandy late in the game the following week. Richt did the right thing by handing Stafford the keys that season. Maybe he will do the same thing with one of the younger QBs this season.
Hopefully, he doesn’t wait till Rosierinski removes us from contention for the ACC championship.

Advertisement
Back