Bailey Hockman - left FSU

Grier couldn't beat out Treon Harris!!!! 2 years at UF and transferred to Tennessee State

My point? What’s your point?

You just compared a starter with a 65% completion rate, 10’TD’s, and 3 ints against legit competition to a guy who couldn’t beat out Frenchie. How does this equate to Will Grier...at all?

Advertisement
Grier couldn't beat out Treon Harris!!!! 2 years at UF and transferred to Tennessee State
I’m sorry but did Bailey Hockman start and go 65% percent, 10 TD’s, and 3 Ints over six consecutive games? Against Tennessee, Missouri, and Ole Miss? With Mizzou being a top 10 D? Funny you say he didn’t win the starting job when he clearly was the starter for the first game against New Mexico State in 2015

My point? What’s your point?

You just compared a starter with a 65% completion rate, 10’TD’s, and 3 ints against legit competition to a guy who couldn’t beat out Frenchie. How does this equate to Will Grier...at all?

I like that “My point. What’s your point?” response and am adding it to my repitoire. Will try to cite/footnote you if I use it.....😉

Nick Jones, Ken Shackleford, and Chester Adams never played a down in the NFL, & Velasco never played a down in the NFL until 09!!!!!

Fernando Velasco, Nick Jones, Ken Shackleford, and Chester Adams.

Lol btw Ken Shackleford and Chester Adams were drafted guys with Fernando Velasco being the most successful playing 8 seasons and starting 38 games. That site is way off.

2006 Football Depth Chart - University of Georgia

Nick Jones, Ken Shackleford, and Chester Adams never played a down in the NFL, & Velasco never played a down in the NFL until 09!!!!!
But they were the starters...and Chester Adams and Ken Shackleford were drafted...and Nick Jones and Fernando Velasco were signed to teams after they left. That’s 4 guys in the league...no matter how you twist it.

Advertisement
I'd take Hockman, just seems like he wants to go to a place he's guarateed to start though. Not going to get that with Jarren here.

He'll probably end up at NC St

It may be Hockman bailed on Corch Taggart. Transferring to a CC and finishing up an AA degree is clever; he can play in 2019 wherever he transfers to. Smart moves, IMO.

He seems to have been highly recruited. Worth consideration, at least.

Advertisement
His film looks really good to me, he was already ahead of Blackmon and was neck / neck with a Senior.

He could be the one qb in this class , and would bring some experience.

I don’t see any negative to taking him.

Grier did beat out Treon. Actually was good for them for half a season and then got kicked out for a drug test and apparent issues with the dad and McElwain...which, in hindsight, doesn't seem so out of left field, given that McElwain sucked.

Said it then and stand by it now, we should have taken him as a grad transfer. Worse that happens is Malik beat him out (yeah right) and he transfers again.

The Richt staff is solid in most areas but their roster management leaves much to be desired. Didn't anticipate Kaaya, McIntosh, Norton leaving, not anticipating that one of Perry/Weldon/Jarren is almost a lock to transfer this summer, etc.

Advertisement
He was pretty good under Jimbo.

Oh so all of a sudden he forgot how to play. hahaha

Jumbo's system made him look good. Kind of like our Defense under Dorito made opposing QB's look like Tom Brady when they played us.

Advertisement
Don’t mind @Zbrod95, dude is clearly off his meds
Take your L from earlier and go sit in the corner.

Those 3 TD’s, 3 INTS, and 127 rating looking looking real mint.

Hey! Did you know Malweak has 3 TD’s, 2 INTS, and a 131 rating?

Malweak literally rates better than him...and I’m trying to get rid of Malweak.

Oh so all of a sudden he forgot how to play. hahaha

Jumbo's system made him look good. Kind of like our Defense under Dorito made opposing QB's look like Tom Brady when they played us.

Taggert offense is a run heavy offense , with very meh route concepts. Very basic pass offense , they needs qbs like flowers.

Dude also absolutely shredded his knee a year ago . He’s not great but imo he’s a good college qb , he’s nowhere near “ garbage “.

And being a Miami fan I’ve mastered the art of knowing a garbage qb when I see one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back