Bags aren't the problem

Helen POOOON of Sparta launched a thousand ships after king of Troy wanted and took her POOON Troy got destroyed by POOON POWER , I'm sure if we utilize our abundance of our natural resource South Beach POOOON we can get defeat BAG easily , check the ancient anal scribe texts.

GOCANES
Always great to wakeup to a Homer reference lol

Advertisement
I know this is a old thread, but FSU went 7-6 in 2017 and still bought in a top 15 class. We go 7-6 and our class is ranked in the 30's, I'm sorry but yeah bags do matter.

Advertisement
Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.
Great Post......our problem has been coaching.......

Our coach retired in the middle of the cycle.

FSU’s class was terrible for a honeymoon class. Coaches usually kill it their first full year.

Facts. FSU’s bump class was awful for a place like FSU and the recruiter Taggart was sold to be.

Bags are absolutely A problem, and always will be. They are not THE problem.

Remember Latrell Williams the 2016 kid? He was committed here but wound up taking a bag from Tenn on signing day. I thought dude was going to be good but he wound up busting. Heard he's going to be on Last Chance U or something

Advertisement
Bags is a non-disprovable label people put on the unknown reasons kids go elsewhere. But we know the reasons include lots of things that aren’t bags. Things like we have sucked badly for 17 years, have failed to put kids in the position to succeed over and over, have had incompetent staffs, bad S&C and nutrition, and an Admin that wanted the football program to be a neutered mascot. Other than home-town-ism, why should a local kid have taken UM seriously this past decade? We’ve done pretty well, considering everything.

If we show we have a solid staff, good S&C, put kids in a position to succeed, and can win our division handily, then we will get more recruits, and it will go on in a self-reinforcing cycle. If we win and recruit better and then win more and so on and so forth, more and more top local kids will stay home. If we are nationally relevant, top kids who play at UM will find their needs better addressed, like at other top programs.

Advertisement
Back