Background on McIntosh/Norton leaving

I don’t know why people keep saying McIntosh is going be a mid round pick. He’s going shoot up the boards a lot with combine and his tape. He could easily be a late first pick.

The tape's been there. He's feasted off teams like UNC, Syracuse, etc..

Against the big boys like Wiscy and Clemson, he got handled.

I wish him luck though. I'm curious as to how some think he's going to shoot off the boards with combine numbers. He's quick and likely will do good in the 40 and the shuttle run (what DTs should be measured on). But strength is something he needed to improve on.

Advertisement
Don't agents make more money the higher the players actually get drafted? Doesn't make much sense

A lot of them just go for pure quantity and it's an industry so many people try to crack into that many of the smaller firms will do and say anything just to get kids signed to them- even if half of their "clients" end up dumping them for a bigger/better agency before they actually sign their deal.
Yup, they build the biggest book they can and look for the biggest payoff when a handful make it to their second contract.

Should have asked those agents if they were so sure the coaches were wrong were they willing to risk their 3%.

RJ MIGHT get picked by the end of the 3rd round but I doubt it.More than likely 4th-5th rd.I seriously think Norton gets drafted no earlier than 5th-6th round but more than likely will be an UFA.

Adding to the fact neither will have their diploma it just adds to the long list of UM kids that were duped by these snakes in suits.Both should have stayed and upped their stock.

Oh well at some point maybe these kids will take notice that these agents do not have their well being in mind.

Unfortunately I don't think that will happen. This has been going on for years.

It's rinse and repeat.

These kids have made their decision for better or worse. They are Canes and I wish them the best in da NFL and thereafter.

RJ is rated the 16th DT by some draft board, fairly accurate scouting by them last year. The guy rated 16th by them last year went in the 6th round. So, there’s that.

Simple facts these kids/families ignore

Lol at you fools believing NFL teams are going to rank RJ and Norton anywhere near the bottom half of DTs and in the 6th round. Hilarious :jordan:

It’s not the NFL, it’s draftniks who eat, sleep and live the NFL draft.

Fantasy mock draft gurus / seems legit.

Let me tell y'all rookies how this is going to work. RJ and Norton are going to "shoot up" the draft boards easily. As soon as teams start evaluating prospects and coming up with their own list of targets..

do you think NFL teams are going to let two DTs fall down the draft, that were coached by one of the best, at a school that had one of the best defenses in college?? Lol what are y'all thinking smh

Advertisement
RJ is rated the 16th DT by some draft board, fairly accurate scouting by them last year. The guy rated 16th by them last year went in the 6th round. So, there’s that.

Lol at you fools believing NFL teams are going to rank RJ and Norton anywhere near the bottom half of DTs and in the 6th round. Hilarious :jordan:

Let me tell y'all rookies how this is going to work. RJ and Norton are going to "shoot up" the draft boards easily. As soon as teams start evaluating prospects and coming up with their own list of targets..

do you think NFL teams are going to let two DTs fall down the draft, that were coached by one of the best, at a school that had one of the best defenses in college?? Lol what are y'all thinking smh

We didn't have one of the best defenses in college.

Sure, TFL, sacks and turnovers went way up. But 3rd down efficiency was crap and PPG/YPG went up.

Not every single guy that Kool has coached goes in the 1st round. Norton and McIntosh have their deficiencies.

Sure, TFL, sacks and turnovers went way up. But 3rd down efficiency was crap and PPG/YPG went up.

Not every single guy that Kool has coached goes in the 1st round. Norton and McIntosh have their deficiencies.

Yes they have their knocks which is why they won't go in the 1st but all this hilarious bs about them falling to the 6th or not getting drafted at all is just bitter sour grapes.. this board looks ridiculous.

Let’s revisit in April. Nobody here truly knows what will happen, it’s all speculation. What we know for sure is that the advisory board told them to return as did their coaches.

McIntosh at best will be 4th but I am guessing 5th. Norton will be lucky to get drafted and will be a practice squad player unless he is on a team that has injuries. Kids make dumb decisions and easily influenced by others

Advertisement
Waltercamp had Kaaya projected as an early first round pick. At least at one time. They and other draftnik sites are worthless.

Both players now have an opportunity to focus on preparation for the combine, private workouts, and Miami's Pro Day.

Good luck to both of them.

I don’t know why people keep saying McIntosh is going be a mid round pick. He’s going shoot up the boards a lot with combine and his tape. He could easily be a late first pick.

I wish him luck though. I'm curious as to how some think he's going to shoot off the boards with combine numbers. He's quick and likely will do good in the 40 and the shuttle run (what DTs should be measured on). But strength is something he needed to improve on.

Most important test results for a defensive tackle are bench press and standing broad jump. They need a combo of raw strength and lower body explosiveness.

For edge guys it's more about agility and explosiveness. That position is actually easiest of all to project via analytics. The vertical jump is a huge component. Standing broad jump is also important but not as decisive as the vertical. Then the 3-cone and short shuttle tests are great indicators also. The Dolphins continue to ignore those analytic results, drafting rejects like Dion Jordan and Charles Harris in the first round. It doesn't matter what their tape looks like if the numbers don't cooperate. Harris is a good hard trying player but simply not explosive enough, as revealed when he badly flunked the combine results. The Dolphins were apparently suckered when he improved his numbers at a pro day weeks later.

Advertisement

Yes they have their knocks which is why they won't go in the 1st but all this hilarious bs about them falling to the 6th or not getting drafted at all is just bitter sour grapes.. this board looks ridiculous.

I don't see McIntosh going in the 6th. That's reaching. He'll likely go 3rd/4th round. Norton on the other hand is likely to go in the 5th-7th round.

And this is what Pete eluded to last week when he mentioned they had things to think about, especially Norton because he didn't get good results from the advisory board.

Last edited:
They are gone, so let’s whish our two new nfl Cane family the best and large contracts that they can donate some of back like so many others. Now we need to look for our own best interest. What does it profit us if they flop and go low : some sick internet high for being right? Now if they go 1st round, it helps are recruiting at key position and more rich Canes. At least one needs to go in 1st so coaches can point at him and say, we did that and can do it for you too.

Advertisement
The NFL should add a couple of well-known agents to the screening group so that slimy agents can't lie as effectively....................

He Destroyed ND all game long against projected 1st round guards.....

He will test well idk about strength number but speed and agility he will.

Waltercamp had Kaaya projected as an early first round pick. At least at one time. They and other draftnik sites are worthless.

Both players now have an opportunity to focus on preparation for the combine, private workouts, and Miami's Pro Day.

Good luck to both of them.

Not leading up to the draft they didn't.

They had him as a 1st rounder after his sophomore season, because they were expecting him to improve. He didn't.

Kaaya was already solidly low on most draft boards by the time his junior year was complete. Now maybe people didn't expect him to fall as far as he did, but they definitely though he'd be more of a day 3 guy, or potentially a fringe 3rd rounder.

Advertisement
Back