Background on McIntosh/Norton leaving

Still early in my process as I've been reaching out to various agencies, but I'm heavily considering starting my own firm. It is risky but I'd be able to ensure my hands are clean and not have my own opinions be conflicted with what a boss wants to do.

If you could get one player to represent from next year's team, who would it be?

Richards is the easy choice. WRs still coveted and he is the most talented on the roster at his position that would be draft eligible.

Advertisement
Apparently it was on QAM this morning that Rosenhaus signed RJ. Who’s surprised!?!?

***kkk Rosenhaus

RJ leaving is not as egregious, and since he decided to leave and he’s the better prospect, he picked an agent with experience that’s already been there.

The guy that screwed the pooch from what I’m reading here, and admittedly it’s based on limited information, is Kawa. He sold Norton a bill of goods about his draft position, possibly hoping to score them both, them they forced RJ’s hand by declaring before RJ. That’s how I’m reading this whole thing.

Based on this limited info, and reserving final judgement, but still....not a good look here.

Still early in my process as I've been reaching out to various agencies, but I'm heavily considering starting my own firm. It is risky but I'd be able to ensure my hands are clean and not have my own opinions be conflicted with what a boss wants to do.

If you could get one player to represent from next year's team, who would it be?

I'd like to represent any/ as many as my former teammates that I could. Since I've already submitted my NFLPA application materials I can't legally discuss guys that I'd like to recruit without being in a violation of their rules.

Don't agents make more money the higher the players actually get drafted? Doesn't make much sense

YES but its more an issue of immediate gratification.

Most people, players and agents would rather get some $$ now THAN WAIT and possibly get more $$ later. Its the bird in the hand syndrome, and we're ALL susceptible to it.

Some rationalize it by saying things like the kid could potentially get hurt etc etc.

BUT as we ALL remember WAITING IS VER VERY HARD when you're young

Last edited:
Apparently it was on QAM this morning that Rosenhaus signed RJ. Who’s surprised!?!?

***kkk Rosenhaus

RJ leaving is not as egregious, and since he decided to leave and he’s the better prospect, he picked an agent with experience that’s already been there.

The guy that screwed the pooch from what I’m reading here, and admittedly it’s based on limited information, is Kawa. He sold Norton a bill of goods about his draft position, possibly hoping to score them both, them they forced RJ’s hand by declaring before RJ. That’s how I’m reading this whole thing.

Based on this limited info, and reserving final judgement, but still....not a good look here.

Seems reasonable to me.

Advertisement
You can't blame the agents for doing their job.

All these guys that leave early for pro ball. That are not sure fire 1st or 2nd rd picks. Know that all the information that they're getting is pure speculation and have nobody to blame but themselves. If failure ends up being the end result.

IMO, if you leave early. You better be thought of as one of the greats at your position or suck it up and come back to school and compete. Then see where the dice fall when you have no choice but to enter the draft.

Actually plenty of blame can fall on many agents.

There are rules which many regularly don’t follow, they’re prone to lying, exaggerating, and they take advantage of inexperienced young men desperate to get paid. While most of the responsibility ultimately falls on the athlete, it’s ridiculous to exonerate the agents.

Agents around a program are also a compliance nightmare.

I won’t get into it here, but one careless agent and one athlete can bring an entire program down. Don’t even question that...it’s a fact.

All these guys that leave early for pro ball. That are not sure fire 1st or 2nd rd picks. Know that all the information that they're getting is pure speculation and have nobody to blame but themselves. If failure ends up being the end result.

IMO, if you leave early. You better be thought of as one of the greats at your position or suck it up and come back to school and compete. Then see where the dice fall when you have no choice but to enter the draft.

Agents like Malki Kawa aren't "doing their job". Their exploiting kids who don't know better to make a quick buck. He basically turned a kid like Norton against his own coaches, and used the "you can always come back and finish your degree" line which Richt has pointed out just isn't practical for most kids.

The problem for Kawa is that if Norton returns, he likely improves his draft stock then signs with a better agent like Rosenhaus. So Kawa isn't looking out for Norton's best interest, he's just looking out for his own.

Kawa should be banned from UM's campus, he's a ******* snake

Advertisement
Over 100 juniors declared for the NFL draft this year, certainly not all are going to be drafted. Clearly something is wrong with this picture.

Unfortunately this happens every year, at every school. All the agents care about is getting paid in cases like this.

Now that they’ve made the decision I hope it pays off for them. I think RJ will be fine but I have no idea what Norton is doing. He’s not going to be able to join his buddy on a rooster

Good for him. **** things are mean

Agents like Malki Kawa aren't "doing their job". Their exploiting kids who don't know better to make a quick buck. He basically turned a kid like Norton against his own coaches, and used the "you can always come back and finish your degree" line which Richt has pointed out just isn't practical for most kids.

The problem for Kawa is that if Norton returns, he likely improves his draft stock then signs with a better agent like Rosenhaus. So Kawa isn't looking out for Norton's best interest, he's just looking out for his own.

They're not exploiting kids. These are young men that had the NFL, Richt and Diaz telling them where they were projected to go. If they needed further proof of how they stack up. All they had to do, too know better. Was ask Diaz or Kul to turn on tape of Brown, Kennedy, Maryland, Sapp or Wilfork. They would've seen what real DT looked like wearing that U on the side of that helmet.

If you take the word of an agent over people who do this stuff 24/7/365 and you get taken. Then the blame falls on you at the end of the day. Lets not act like these are 5 year olds at a playground getting snatched up by a pedo in a white van after momma told em. Don't talk to strangers.

IT IS AN UNBELIEVABLY BAD DECISION ON THE PART OF NORTON. I THINK HE WILL EITHER GO IN THE LAST ROUND OR GO UNDRAFTED. Agents don't care about the players, they care only about themselves. They need to make money every year (even if it's not huge money) so they pump up the players & inflate their draft expectations because for the agents making some money is better than making no money. It is the naive player that ends up suffering. Norton would do way better staying another year. HE WILL REGRET THIS DECISION FOR A LONG TIME.

RJ will probably be OK but I think he will get drafted between rounds 4-6. He would also do considerably better if he got stronger for another year and perfected his craft so he stands a chance of competing with elite NFL talents who have significantly bigger & more developed bodies. Making it in the NFL is no joke.

Advertisement

They're not exploiting kids. These are young men that had the NFL, Richt and Diaz telling them where they were projected to go. If they needed further proof of how they stack up. All they had to do, too know better. Was ask Diaz or Kul to turn on tape of Brown, Kennedy, Maryland, Sapp or Wilfork. They would've seen what real DT looked like wearing that U on the side of that helmet.

If you take the word of an agent over people who do this stuff 24/7/365 and you get taken. Then the blame falls on you at the end of the day. Lets not act like these are 5 year olds at a playground getting snatched up by a pedo in a white van after momma told em. Don't talk to strangers.

I guess I found Malki Kawa's account on here. Keep doing your job by relying on lies and deception buddy.

At the end of the day agents can provide these guys with things like salary advances, spending $, jewelry, etc the coaches can't. Amd they use that sit to get guys to make bad business decisions.

So fvck anyone who defends scum like Kawa. You deserve the worst if you have that con man's back

I guess I found Malki Kawa's account on here. Keep doing your job by relying on lies and deception buddy.

At the end of the day agents can provide these guys with things like salary advances, spending $, jewelry, etc the coaches can't. Amd they use that sit to get guys to make bad business decisions.

So fvck anyone who defends scum like Kawa. You deserve the worst if you have that con man's back

no way an agent uses grammar that poorly.

Over 100 juniors declared for the NFL draft this year, certainly not all are going to be drafted. Clearly something is wrong with this picture.

Yeah the NFL might need to look into expanding their roster and practice squad limits

Big influx of raw talent coming in... a lot of wasted talent will slip through the cracks

Advertisement
The NFL should change their roster numbers because college kids are too stupid to actually understand their odds of making a roster?

:monkey-serious:

They already give kids feedback from a draft advisory board on their projected slot. But some of these kids make their decision before even getting that feedback. Pete said Norton and McIntosh were looking to leave when the season started ...

Meanwhile, Clemson has a 3-year starter on his way back to college for his 4-th year ... Even though the kid is all-ACC.

Kids leaving early when they aren’t ready isn’t the NFL’s problem. The issue is completely on those kids and their families.

Giving the college experience more value than just a 3-year apprenticeship for the NFL is on the players and their families.

Yeah the NFL might need to look into expanding their roster and practice squad limits

Big influx of raw talent coming in... a lot of wasted talent will slip through the cracks

Advertisement
Back