I’m a fan of mestemaker. He’s put up incredible numbers already as he lead FBS in passing last year. Eric Morris is the best qb evaluator/developer in the world as far as I’m concerned.
The sentences you didn’t not bold were literally why I said it’s wish-casting. Additionally, this was Jordan Reid’s top 5 in June:
Given what’s transpired this season, his list makes no sense to me given his own criteria of where it just was. Even his description of mestemaker’s running threat feels like wishcasting based on the Oregon vs OKState game.
Hes ran for 50+ yards twice outta 22 games. He had more rushing yards against Oregon than he had the whole 2025 season. Hes a former safety so obviously hes athletic, yet, running doesn’t seem to be apart of his game outside of select, special occasions.
He still put Mensah and Chambliss in the teens, which is a mid-first round grade. He’s hesitating on the inevitable because it sharply contradicts with his priors which he still clings to given Moore/Manning’s seasons have done less to harm selves than others.
Mestemaker has played four games and the only team he didn’t throw an INT against was a FCS one. I’m just saying his Tulsa game was heavily ignored and what other qb prospect would be able to brush off that L & RISE up draft boards after 2 other p4 games? Seems a bit much. If mestemaker was that guy for him, he should’ve been that guy for him since the jump.
Not just Mensah and chambliss, I’d say the same applies to Carr as well versus Mestemaker/Moore/Manning. Manning and Moore have more or less shown more of the same from the where they left off.