B. Bolden Latest

Our "striker" position is sometimes on an island against slot WRs. Against spread offenses, the "striker" position is much different than what it'd look like against more traditional personnel packages and alignments.

We shouldn't want Amari Carter with that much space around him and the need to change direction. Gil is a better fit there than Amari and Romeo Finley is wildly understated in what he does for us.

We need a boundary Safety who can assertively change direction and cover the inside (#2) eligible WR man to man. Our seniors (especially Redwine) did that for us last year. We don't have that right now.

Romeo Finley to me is maybe the best and most consistent player on D

Advertisement
IMHO, Bolden is going to start and Smith will get a lot of reps as the season goes along. Carter needs to move to Striker or even Will. I'm surprised they put Gil there not Amari. Felt like it should have been the reverse. .

A. Carter best suited when he blitzes. Playing I space too dangerous. Don’t know why staff doesn’t see I think.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whose "they""?

The deep State, the Russians?, somebody still unidentified that are being actively investigated by the X-Files people?, most likely the MSM....

The Illuminati in cahoots with George Soros and the Koch Bros. Don't believe for a second that David Koch actually died recently too. That's something THEY definitely want you to believe.

That's what they want you to believe.
tf hat.gif

Advertisement
Bubba reminds me of Deon bush! Who would have been all ACC in this Defense! I’m hoping we can add maybe 10-15 pounds on amari and move him to backer and maybe put Joyner back at End

Advertisement
Our "striker" position is sometimes on an island against slot WRs. Against spread offenses, the "striker" position is much different than what it'd look like against more traditional personnel packages and alignments.

We shouldn't want Amari Carter with that much space around him and the need to change direction. Gil is a better fit there than Amari and Romeo Finley is wildly understated in what he does for us.

We need a boundary Safety who can assertively change direction and cover the inside (#2) eligible WR man to man. Our seniors (especially Redwine) did that for us last year. We don't have that right now.

I think Carter in place of Finley is not an upgrade in terms of coverage ability. Finley moves very well laterally for his size. The more I see Carter, the more I'm looking for someone else besides Gil to be striker. You're right - striker position is exposed for passing situations which looking back, I see why coaches put Gil in that spot. Next year - who's behind Gil?

Advertisement
Back