B. Bolden Latest

Advertisement
We need range and ball skills back there so bad. The added talent should be good for us on the front end and back end.
Seems like we have a few guys who could be valuable but unsuited to do what we’re asking them to do.

A guy like Carter as a LB in certain situations or playing in the box could be very effective. He seems like a good downhill player, but when we ask him turn and run he seems to lose his bearings.

Advertisement
Gurvan and Bolden at safety and move Amari as your sub linebacker on 3rd down packages is ideal. Not saying Amari doesn't get anymore time at safety. But that 3rd down package could be scary a lot of athleticism on the field.

Carter should be moved as a LB as he’s always head hunting. He would be good out against TEs, and RBs out the back field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed, but think he could be good as an WLB.

He would probably be a striker if we had anyone else to play safety that the coaches trusted. With Filey locking that down and I guess Gil not as good of a safety as Amari, well it leaves Amari at safety

Thank god, Amari has looked awful so far running sideline to sideline taking brutal angles

Thank god, Amari has looked awful so far running sideline to sideline taking brutal angles

I was rewatching the UNC game as I read this. The condensed version, at least. The play before Amari got ejected was just plain bad football.

He's going to cost us a game with the type of action we're seeing below:

1568680635194.png

1568680673930.png

1568680720101.png

1568680766362.png

1568681074718.png

Edit: Had to show you how the play ended. It was Pinck that saved us from either giving up 6 or at least another explosive play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMHO, Bolden is going to start and Smith will get a lot of reps as the season goes along. Carter needs to move to Striker or even Will. I'm surprised they put Gil there not Amari. Felt like it should have been the reverse. .

IMHO, Bolden is going to start and Smith will get a lot of reps as the season goes along. Carter needs to move to Striker or even Will. I'm surprised they put Gil there not Amari. Felt like it should have been the reverse. .
Our "striker" position is sometimes on an island against slot WRs. Against spread offenses, the "striker" position is much different than what it'd look like against more traditional personnel packages and alignments.

We shouldn't want Amari Carter with that much space around him and the need to change direction. Gil is a better fit there than Amari and Romeo Finley is wildly understated in what he does for us.

We need a boundary Safety who can assertively change direction and cover the inside (#2) eligible WR man to man. Our seniors (especially Redwine) did that for us last year. We don't have that right now.

Advertisement
Back