Avery Huff is not hurt

Advertisement
Had high hopes for this kid when he signed, don't get why he can't get on the field considering how bad our LBs are.
Well one of the lbs is the son of a guy Manny likely has a crelationship with from when he was at FSU (Jennings) and Steed plays due to seniority/experience and the work he did to get back out there.

Its pretty clear since he didnt bring in a transfer portal backer that he was good with those top guys and Flagg. Smith played himself on the field from the striker spot.

That being said ...Huff is a Will backer...so he was essentially behind Keontra and Steed. Hes not really affected by Brooks, Flagg, Jennings

Advertisement
Advertisement
How complicated is our playbook?
That's my question.
Too complicated, but also not complicated enough.

dog no GIF by CBC

Huff was great in spring, not as good in camp but let’s see what happens on gameday.

He brings a combination of twitch and length that we need at LB. The key for him is committing to the mental side of the game.
Does he bring the combo of see where the ball is going and end up where the ball carrier is? Cuz we don’t have a lot of that right now

Don't mean to laugh, but it's to keep myself from throwing a computer across the room. We say how much worse could it get a bunch, and it ends up being worse someway somehow. I've seen it before on here, it truly is becoming groundhog day.

33AB2A63-DDCA-4D2B-95BD-0BDFD6048342.jpeg

Just going to leave this here.

Advertisement
I was happy to see Flagg get a majority of the snaps at MLB against App. Obviously losing Keontra is a blow because he was the best linebacker we have. Steed played most of the game at WLB after the injury but he’s “meh” at best. I’d like to see them work someone else in.

Advertisement
And therein lies our biggest problem on defense to me. Our second level is so bad. Opposing coaches know that all they need to do is neutralize our DL or get them out of their gap assignments just enough to get the RB or WR into the second level of our defense and we get exploited. At that point, it's up to our Safeties to come up and make the tackle because our LBs can do it.

Arguably my biggest gripe with Manny's defense aside from the horrible blitz packages. Yeah, teams are spreading the offense around more with increased passing game, but that doesn't mean you neglect your LBs. Just means you now need to have true LBs - not converted high school DEs - who can quickly diagnose plays and get to the ball carrier. I would hate to see the YACs our defenses have allowed.
To ur point, the top 5 tacklers against bama were secondary players.: never a good sign

Knowing Manny and his BS I bet you Huff plays no more than 10 actual non special team snaps Saturday.

Advertisement
Back