Avery Huff is not hurt

I'd like to see Cave and Huff out there. How much worse could it get?
Don't mean to laugh, but it's to keep myself from throwing a computer across the room. We say how much worse could it get a bunch, and it ends up being worse someway somehow. I've seen it before on here, it truly is becoming groundhog day.

Advertisement
I'm excited to see Huff! If the reason he isn't getting on the field is because he isn't picking up the playbook then the coaches should take a step back and figure out how to let these kids play fast without thinking. There's no excuse for Jennings and Steed to be playing over Huff.

Advertisement
And therein lies our biggest problem on defense to me. Our second level is so bad. Opposing coaches know that all they need to do is neutralize our DL or get them out of their gap assignments just enough to get the RB or WR into the second level of our defense and we get exploited. At that point, it's up to our Safeties to come up and make the tackle because our LBs can do it.

Arguably my biggest gripe with Manny's defense aside from the horrible blitz packages. Yeah, teams are spreading the offense around more with increased passing game, but that doesn't mean you neglect your LBs. Just means you now need to have true LBs - not converted high school DEs - who can quickly diagnose plays and get to the ball carrier. I would hate to see the YACs our defenses have allowed.

Advertisement
to be fair, Ty plays the most snaps or most of the snaps on the D. whether or not hes listed as a sole starter makes no diff.
Doesnt matter. Its clown **** and its embarassing. The best player on your D by far still has an "or" by his name on the depth chart?? When most of those other players have a secured spot? Optics looks ridiculous and bush league. Manny needs to grow up and realize this isnt a joke anymore. Season is on the line week to week from here on out. We lose Saturday and nobody will want to hear, "Meh. Our main goal is still intact and that is to win the ACC Coastal. This is a minor bump in the road. Our REAL season starts in 2 weeks". No, Manny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back