Avery Huff is not hurt

Willweeverbegoodagain?

Banned
Banned
Seeing as he is likely to see an increase in playing time the next few weeks wanted some insiders to maybe let us know how he has been doing. He was highly recruited and I know he is still young. Are we hoping he comes out and is a gamer or is he still a huge liability?

Advertisement
Huff has gotten snaps over the last year yet you wouldn't know. 6'3 205lbs and fast. He just isn't built like a LB and doesn't have the speed to play safety. Played run end in HS. If he can perform, GREAT. If not, it would simply be that he didn't add 30-40 lbs from HS to now which is hard to predict.

What you shouldn't see is Huff getting run past. What you may see is Huff getting eatin up by OL/TE.

amanda taylor 6.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
We've gotten mongoloid-quality play out of the current starters at LB thus far.

The fact that he's not getting on the field should tell you something.

Advertisement
I remember the year Huff was recruited. He was originally a FSU commit. Manny as DC was asked by a reporter if he was concerned about having no LBs in his class. Referring to Huff, Manny essentially said we're not worried at all, we believe we have the guy we want, top of our board, he's the perfect fit for our system. That to me was the first tangible evidence that Manny is not a good talent evaluator.
He hand picked Rousseau for defensive end as well a jp when no one wanted him. The linebacker thing is a definite head scratcher so far.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back