Avantae Williams

Like I said before, he’s a freak. There’s no other way to say it. People like him come along extremely rarely in a generation. A small handful.

People use the word freak describing athletes too often. ST26 qualifies. A freak of nature. Add to that the fact that he was a great football player. It’s not surprising so many people say he’s the best football player they ever faced.
The best athlete I saw on offense is probably Marshall Faulk, but if not it was certainly Bo Jackson.

Advertisement
ST26 was one of a kind.

He could of played just about every position on D, in any era, and been a pro-bowler. I think he would of been a special RB too. Comparing anyone to that level of athleticism is just plain unfair.

Facts

I was on Giants forum back in the day way back.....and people that played against him in college were saying they never seen anyone like him. Opponents were in awe man
Clinton Portis used to tell the story from right before the draft. The Redskins needed a tight end and safety and were down to Winslow and Taylor. The Skins brass consulted Portia who knew them both so well. Portis told them (paraphrasing), Winslow is a great tight end but if you can draft Sean Taylor you draft Sean Taylor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Got to stand next to ST on the sideline of a Canes game day he didn't play in. Remember being surprised at how thin he was. Ripped of course but not as big overall as thought he'd be.

Without knowing who we was I could have pictured him playing WR, safety, RB or even corner. That's the thing about him, he probably could have been an All Pro at two, maybe three different positions. Very difficult to say that about just about any other player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back