Avantae Williams

KOOLAID4L

Freshman
I re-watched Sean Taylor highlights and I will say there will never be another player like him, but I do feel Avantae has some unique and similar traits like him. The nastiness, the return ability, the hitting is like wow he is trying to kill everything that comes in his direction. He doesn't have ball hawking skills like most, but if he wanted to improve in that area I could see him getting a few every year and returning them back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Avantae has shown Taylor-esque ability in high school, but thats just such a hard comparison. Taylor brought it in college and the NFL, including the Pro Bowl (we may never again see a fake punt in that game). Such a long way to go for this young man.

Advertisement
I hear you, but why not just start at Brandon Meriweather? Lol. Williams put together a good HS highlight, but it’s a far stretch to say you saw anything close to Sean Taylor in the video. Either way... I think he’ll be a good one for Miami.
sorry, we were typing at the same time. I would have just agreed with your comment rather than basically repeating it.

People forget what Taylor accomplished on the offensive side of the ball in hs.

He rushed for 1,400 yards and a state-record 44 touchdowns and on two separate occasions, rushed for more than 200 yards during Gulliver's state playoff run

In addition to that.

Taylor won the state 2A 100-meter dash in 2000 and was also one of the state's top 400-meter dash sprinters.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Let me say this. I said he has some unique traits not the whole thing. He doesn't have ball hawking talent or home run talent but he can still find the end-zone more than a lot of talent I seen at safety recently. There will never be another Sean Taylor. Even the kid this cycle named James Williams has the size but not even close to Sean. AVANTAE MISSED HALF THE SEASON FROM INJURY SO WE REALLY HAVEN'T SEEN IT all. But I think he's better than what we've seen recently.

People forget what Taylor accomplished on the offensive side of the ball in hs.

He rushed for 1,400 yards and a state-record 44 touchdowns and on two separate occasions, rushed for more than 200 yards during Gulliver's state playoff run.

This, Williams could end up an absolute stud and a 1st Round draft pick and still be nowhere near Sean Taylor.

Its hard to compare him to one player to be honest. He has a feel for the game that I would compare to Joe Montana. He tackles like Ronnie Lott. When he has the ball in his hands in the open field he reminds me a lot of Devin Hester.

Advertisement
Back