Avantae Williams - charges dropped and dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not blaming anybody - just know stories of how some of these cases go down
I agree that it happens and men can and do get screwed that way. I’m not saying him one way or the other, but like I said before, somebody beat her up. Who is a different question.

That said, from what I ve understood, plus UM’s response - read between the lines.

I know you didn’t. I’m saying it pre-emptively because i don’t see you having the patience for what’s being said and I already lost one poster I didn’t want to see go.

I am sitting cross-legged, chanting my mantra, and keeping my eyes closed as I type.

Advertisement
I think some of u get confused w/ charges dropped = he didndonuffin.

If the victim was unwilling to press or pursue charges, it’s the same thing. I can tell u my home girl’s baby daddy who happened to be from my old neighborhood beat the dog chit outta her, and even though bro was arrested, she refused to cooperate w/ both the medical examiner & prosecutors. Her reasoning was 1. He was the love of her life, 2. He was the father of her 3 kids, which led to 3. She didn’t want her kids growing up w/o a father, like her.

He spent 2 days in jail & bonded out. 5 yrs later, same chit happened, w/ the same results.

The two are not connected.

P.S - A lot of hypocrisy in here just based upon other threads, bashing other programs for protecting their stars.

Last edited:
Ok..Why didn’t they file charges if there was evidence of physical abuse? (I.E., bruises and marks like it was reported on this site by insiders)
Evidence of injuries doesn't always mean a successful prosecution, the usual explanation is that the victim became uncooperative and tells the state they dont want to go forward or they recant the story. If the victim refuses to testify or recants the only way the state can prove the case is with an independent witness who saw what happened and if they dont have that person the state cannot prosecute the case. The miami dade SAO esp doesn't like to waste resources on cases without a cooperative victim.

Prosecutors have a special ethical duty that requires them only to go forward on cases where they have a "reasonable likelihood of conviction." So you can have as many photos of injuries as you want but without a victim who can testify how it happened and from whom they wouldn't be able to prove it.

Miami will have a memo in their own internal file documenting why they declined prosecution in this case. The only way to get ahold of it is to file a public records request with the Miami SAO.

However after handling thousands of these cases on both sides of the fence i can almost guarantee that they declined it because the victim became uncooperative and there were no other witnesses to the event. I could be wrong but the majority of DV cases get thrown out for this. Of course there are other explanations but that would be speculation without getting the No-action memo from Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
State could have picked it up if they had evidence of physical abuse when he was arrested. They pick those cases up (even without cooperation) 9/10 if there is even a single scratch.

No one knows what happened. Maybe he did abuse her or maybe she caught him cheating and did some spiteful sh*t.

Yep, just like you.
His initial post was an update of what has occurred in this case and posters like yourself began to respond with hypotheticals. That’s the sequence of events. Now U just got to ask yourself why you need these assumptions and hypotheticals in this case? And that’s not a conversation for the board. U gotta go do that in the mirror.

State could have picked it up if they had evidence of physical abuse when he was arrested. They pick those cases up (even without cooperation) 9/10 if there is even a single scratch.

No one knows what happened. Maybe he did abuse her or maybe she caught him cheating and did some spiteful sh*t.

Wrong. And you probably shouldn't yammer on about how prosecutors prosecute 90% of cases involving "even a single scratch", when you didn't go to law school and don't work in a prosecutorial environment that would even inform such a wild-a$$ guess.

I agree that it happens and men can and do get screwed that way. I’m not saying him, but like I said before, somebody beat her up. Who is a different question.
Every single person involved had countless warning signs including encounters along the way glaring back at them and ignored.

She definitely has huge issues equally ignored all this isn’t new .

Both parties involved each saw the seriousness of this all and have been explained the ramifications to follow them both forever.

This isn’t over for anyone involved and will be repeating unless they are reparented .

They both are mentally children very young like 6-8 years old mentally at best.

Very very sad , see no tough love being applied here just a bullet dodged THAT IS IT.

Reparenting adults very rare to accomplish

Advertisement

That's not necessarily true, see explanation above. Although some SAOs may pick up the case, they cant prove it without a witness, a video or other independent injury. Broward might still file it with the injuries but as soon as i set that case for trial and the victim doesn't show the case gets dropped.

That's not necessarily true, see explanation above. Although some SAOs may pick up the case, they cant prove it without a witness, a video or other independent injury. Broward might still file it with the injuries but as soon as i set that case for trial and the victim doesn't show the case gets dropped.
They don't need the alleged victims cooperation to move forward with the prosecution if they have evidence of physical abuse. It helps, but they don't need it.

Happy Go Get Em GIF by Conor McGregor

Advertisement
Also, imma just say this….

We know that some women lie to get vengeance or manipulate; however, those bad apples r the reason most rapes & DV go unreported. Why? B/c of victim shaming. Some of u numbnuts still forget baby was pregnant. Clearly there was enough there for Tae to get arrested; however, if the victim refuses to cooperate, which happens A LOT, then charges will be dropped.

But anyway, carry on.

Last edited:
They don't need the alleged victims cooperation to move forward with the prosecution if they have evidence of physical abuse. It helps, but they don't need it.
That's a broad generalization that is extremely inaccurate. But now you've certainly peaked my interest as to what qualifies you to render such an opinion. Again I've been practicing criminal law in the state for over a decade, 5 as a prosecutor and 6 as a defense attorney.

Are there some legal theories that would allow the state to proceed in prosecution? Sure. but **** its a really big stretch that would require many motions in liminie and other evidence for them to proceed.

This is totally ridiculous and why I never rush to judgement or post when these things occur.

Dudes are SOOOOOOOOOO canes Canes CANES but are choosing to run with hypotheticals and assumptions to feel better about there rush to judgement concerning a Canes player they “love”.

Some literally said that there wouldn’t be charges if what was alleged isn’t true. So the determination of the law and those who enforce it was all they needed to justify their own guilty verdicts BUT now that, that same system of law has dropped the charges and dismissed the case…it means nothing to them. The law steered their beliefs when it alleged what they wanted to hear but now that it doesn’t we have a bunch of hypotheticals and assumptions to prove Avante guilty.

Guilty in the court of public opinion…by “Canes fans” of all people.

U clearly don’t know how chit works. It’s called “alleged” for a reason.

If I shot u, and u see that i shot u, the circumstances show I shot u, yet u refused to testify or there are no credible eye witnesses, no smoking gun in hand? I walk free, homie, even though u leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back